GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final

5 posters

Go down

Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final Empty Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Contrary to the popular belief that Pat Mc Eneaney was being lined up to referee the football final it has now been confirmed that Martin Duffy is now to be the man in the middle. How is that going to go down which of the two teams will his appointment suit the most if any.

Duffy certainly wouldnt have been my choice but then i suppose the GAA cant go giving every big game to Pat. I think Cork may be disappointed that Mc Eneaney is not ref for the final their tactics against Tyrone which no doubt will be replicated against Kerry may have been more suited to a ref with Mc Eneaneys experience more so than a still wet behind the ears Duffy.

Cork might find that Kerry will win more frees than Tyrone did against them and with Gooch fairly accurate from the frees the GAA could have inadvertently handed a narrow advantage to the Kerry men with this appointment.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final Empty Re: Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

What a joke, one of the worst referees in the country.

Back to top Go down

Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final Empty Re: Martin Duffy to referee All Ireland Football Final

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Duffy reffing - lets hope it doesn't turn into a circus .......... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Duffy reffing - lets hope it doesn't turn into a circus .......... Laughing

i would virtually guarantee he will be the big talking point when the final is over -
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Brutal decision to be honest, there's any amount of ref's I'd rather see appointed ahead of this fella. Imagine him being the difference between winning and losing an AI, and there's a strong possibility of that being the case!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Brutal decision to be honest, there's any amount of ref's I'd rather see appointed ahead of this fella. Imagine him being the difference between winning and losing an AI, and there's a strong possibility of that being the case!

i agree totally MMM - i really think Cork wont be happy, he will be too picky with their tackling etc and Kerry could end up winning easy frees - i hope i am wrong it has all the makings of a great final and lets hope Duffy is anonymous throughout, i cant see it however he is one of those refs who likes to be noticed
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Yeah very true Boc, he's gained that reputation of being a very pernickity ref, who will feel the need to stamp his mark on the game by blowing up for the smallest things from early on. And as you say, the game could well suffer as a spectacle because of this, and Cork themselves given their style of play. It would be a great shame it could be a classic given the team's history. Hopefully he will prove us all wrong and let the game flow, but I certainly won't be holding my breath!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:46 pm

mid-mon man wrote: and let the game flow, but I certainly won't be holding my breath!

No don't MMM - 70 mins of that would NOT be good for you ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mid-mon man wrote: and let the game flow, but I certainly won't be holding my breath!

No don't MMM - 70 mins of that would NOT be good for you ...

Sure at least I'd probably get to see about 10 frees before I pass out though! Razz
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 pm

anyone have any contacts for tickets for the final - i'm hoping to go but cant guarantee a ticket from the club No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

bocerty wrote:anyone have any contacts for tickets for the final - i'm hoping to go but cant guarantee a ticket from the club No

Eyes and ears out for ya Boc. First one is yours cos I ain't interested. Had enough of Kerry jerseys in Croke Park for one decade thank you very much. C'mon Cork!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 pm

bocerty wrote:anyone have any contacts for tickets for the final - i'm hoping to go but cant guarantee a ticket from the club No

Might be able to get two, sisters mate works for ethiad airlines. pirat One for me though.

If you can drive then you have yourself a ticket if I can get them.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:

Might be able to get two, sisters mate works for ethiad airlines. pirat

well if they are going spare i'd be interested. I had hoped to go to hurling final too but i had a wedding last week and one this week so its not going to be possible to go to both Sad
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 pm

bocerty wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

Might be able to get two, sisters mate works for ethiad airlines. pirat

well if they are going spare i'd be interested. I had hoped to go to hurling final too but i had a wedding last week and one this week so its not going to be possible to go to both Sad

Can get tickets for any final. It just depends on how many people who work at ethiad want them Mad
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:46 am

you lucky...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down