GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers...

+7
Loyal2TheRoyal
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers... Empty MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers...

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Feel free to post whom you feel may win this award. Result as per Sunday Game, Managers/Referees/Watercarriers don't count....
I've picked my nominee (not a scoring threat) and will post same later....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers... Empty Re: MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers...

Post  JimWexford Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:27 pm

JJ Deleany or Rice of Kilkenny
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers... Empty Re: MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers...

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 am

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers... 20359_10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:51 am

T Walsh should be barred. His house must be a (Waterford) Crystal Maze!!! I will think about this and post later ... But it will be a Cat!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Lar Corbett.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:44 pm

King Henry Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Noel Hickey
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Aidan Fogarty
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:31 pm

Michael Fennelly

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:T Walsh should be barred. His house must be a (Waterford) Crystal Maze!!! I will think about this and post later ... But it will be a Cat!

Got "barred" here by the looks of things but still motoring on....H'on small Tommy...

MOTM All-Ireland hurling final ...Cats V Stonethrowers... 10822210
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 pm

If Tipp are to win then they will need to be as tight as boxty with his money and not let Kilknny score goals, meaning that Curran and Cummins will both have to play outstandingly well, 33's and 50's respectively....

But in saying that I expect JJ to absolutely lord it at wing back on Ryan, 10/1
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 am

The Puke wrote:If Tipp are to win then they will need to be as tight as boxty with his money and not let Kilknny score goals, meaning that Curran and Cummins will both have to play outstandingly well, 33's and 50's respectively....

But in saying that I expect JJ to absolutely lord it at wing back on Ryan, 10/1

What fookin' money are you on about Puke?? Suspect We haven't €500 between us.....I may have a few shekels in play all right, in various fledgling schemes, but the lack of a local TD, with access to Governmental grants/funding/feasibility study monies etc., is proving something of a millstone.
The local Senator provides advice, encouragement, pints now and then and phone numbers, but is ultimately powerless...
Were I 40 years younger and had gotten a bitéén of an education, I might have a few ideas for job creation, indigenous enterprises and such.

Nowadays, I'm content with the bit of a pension, plenty fags, pints, half-ones, the odd bet, an odd day out, an odd holiday, a round of golf now and then, and a small "job" that I value highly, otherwise I'd be gardening, painting, constructing decking No or some other gain-less codology..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:59 am

JT or TW for me ...........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 am

they'll probably give it to Cody like they did one other year No No No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Has to be Lar the hat-trick man!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Has to be Lar the hat-trick man!

Three touch Lar!
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Well Lar Corbett it is. Never really any doubt after he planted the 3rd goal. Classy classy finish it was too.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Lar Corbett.

Clash rules, good call man....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 am

MOTM was a certain Mr Wadding. For all the slating refs have got in the last month this man officiated one of the best games in a long time (the speed and intensity were at a level I can't remember I saw last). He used a good honest to jaysus common sense approach yes rules/infringements were broken but look a the reaction of the players that to me said it all.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:30 pm

JimWexford wrote:MOTM was a certain Mr Wadding. For all the slating refs have got in the last month this man officiated one of the best games in a long time (the speed and intensity were at a level I can't remember I saw last). He used a good honest to jaysus common sense approach yes rules/infringements were broken but look a the reaction of the players that to me said it all.

I'll second that Jim he was fair to both teams and both teams give him the respect he deserved. It was particularly pleasing to see him blow up the throw balls which a lot of teams seem to get away with far too often.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:32 pm

JimWexford wrote:MOTM was a certain Mr Wadding. For all the slating refs have got in the last month this man officiated one of the best games in a long time (the speed and intensity were at a level I can't remember I saw last). He used a good honest to jaysus common sense approach yes rules/infringements were broken but look a the reaction of the players that to me said it all.

A slight deviation from your "Rules are rules" stance Jim..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Just thinking if Galway had to hold on that day against Tipp, Kilkenny would now be celebrating the five in a row.

What a bearing that game had on the destination of Liam McCarthy.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Jonsmith wrote:

A slight deviation from your "Rules are rules" stance Jim..

No no really, if you want to analise everything anybody said yes one will contradict oneself.
In this case if you followed the game it doesn't need any explaining.
as regards our U14 friends the club "willing" breached the rules / guidelines and not in the heat of a game where people had only milliseconds to decide.
Two totally different scenarios, one was premeditated the knew going that they were illegal the other was not.
If you can't see a difference, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I do believe a certain times and instances that the rules have to be adhered to and enforced and other occasions like yesterday common sense should prevail.
I was looking at both cases from a neutral unbiased viewpoint, but again is only my opinion.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:12 pm

It didn't take much analysing Jim you're blatantly contradicting yourself. Bring it down to it's most basic, in one situation you believe that rules are there to be adhered to, no excuses Croke Park were right, in another, they can bent and Wadding was correct to do so.

Common sense should always prevail.

Anyways this is off topic. I just wondered if you could explain the contradiction, now I see you're not even consistent in your by the book approach.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Jonsmith wrote:It didn't take much analysing Jim you're blatantly contradicting yourself. Bring it down to it's most basic, in one situation you believe that rules are there to be adhered to, no excuses Croke Park were right, in another, they can bent and Wadding was correct to do so.

Common sense should always prevail.

Anyways this is off topic. I just wondered if you could explain the contradiction, now I see you're not even consistent in your by the book approach.
Common is not the be all and end all.
The reason of the book approach was for you, if I didn't you would say not explaining yourself etc.
Wonder if the Jonsmith never contradicted himself, TWO TOTALLY different scenarios.
You have your opinion on a certain matter (biased at that) and the rest of us aren't allowed comment or if we do we can't deviate from that line of thinking for that case for other cases.
Each case/scenario has its own thinking.
Common sense as much as I do try and live by it doesn't apply to all occasions sometimes you have to apply the letter of the law/rules even if it does go against ones better judgment.
Sorry that is not a contradiction its the real world, take a peek some time when you leave fairyland
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next