GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Cork

+21
mid-mon man
whiterbananas
bocerty
LillyLovesSam
Peter Solan the Great
mugsys_barber
Shinners
3inarow08
North Side Gael
redhandman
Thomas Clarke
mossbags
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
Grenvile
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Floops
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
25 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dublin v Cork  - Page 5 Empty Re: Dublin v Cork

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Completely shocked Dublin didn't win it. I had my money on them for the All Ireland. Bernard was brillliant.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm

samin10 wrote:Have to say i am delighted that Dublin will not be in the final, was supporting them at the start of the game but because of the booing and some **** whistling anytime Cork attacked i quickly changed my mind. It would be terrible to see a set of "fans" ruining the all-ireland final with such loutish behaviour.

Not the first time this season - I know its not all the dubs but it dosent seem to be just a few of them either.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:34 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
samin10 wrote:Have to say i am delighted that Dublin will not be in the final, was supporting them at the start of the game but because of the booing and some **** whistling anytime Cork attacked i quickly changed my mind. It would be terrible to see a set of "fans" ruining the all-ireland final with such loutish behaviour.

Not the first time this season - I know its not all the dubs but it dosent seem to be just a few of them either.

Its all of them I'm afraid, Okay, there's only one or two with whistles, but the ones who watch the ones with whistles and do nothing are just as bad. And the ones who watch the ones who watch the ones with the whistles and the ones who watch the ones who watch the ones who watches the ones with the whistles. The circle gets bigger and bigger until we reach a point where everyone Dublin supporter on the Hill today were mis-behaved.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Loyal

thats exactly what i was thinking, if it was an Armagh supporter i know for fact they would be told where the whistle would be stuck if they didnt cut it out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 pm

samin10 wrote:Have to say i am delighted that Dublin will not be in the final, was supporting them at the start of the game but because of the booing and some **** whistling anytime Cork attacked i quickly changed my mind. It would be terrible to see a set of "fans" ruining the all-ireland final with such loutish behaviour. On a side note Bernard Brogan was amazing

At least the weren't booing and whistling their own team today, as they did several times earlier this summer.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
samin10 wrote:Have to say i am delighted that Dublin will not be in the final, was supporting them at the start of the game but because of the booing and some **** whistling anytime Cork attacked i quickly changed my mind. It would be terrible to see a set of "fans" ruining the all-ireland final with such loutish behaviour. On a side note Bernard Brogan was amazing

At least the weren't booing and whistling their own team today, as they did several times earlier this summer.

Unfortunately Cork fans werent at the games to boo and whistle. One thing sickened me today was the thousands of Cork event junkies up for the game. Even acounting for the Dublin fans behaviour after the match, give me them then glory hunting cork people.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:

you sicken me but at least we put the nordies back in there box..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Not a game for the purists but if you like the Brian Dooher/Paul Galvin type player, you'd probably have enjoyed this game. One for endeavour, effort and graft.
I didn't see many players out there who have the skill of Brian Dooher or Paul Galvin. 2 poor sides. The winner of the other match will have a great chance of winning the final.

Where does that put tyeone tc ..Dublin and Cork played you off the field..but don't worry dooher is only 35 and the rest are below 30, im sure tyrone will back before i die or will they Question
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Post deleted.

Do not insult other posters.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:50 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Post deleted.

Do not insult other posters.
lol! lol! lol! whatever
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:15 am

I will post on the game tomorrow - maybe. I do not condone whistling free-takers but there are arseholes everywhere - and if that turns you against a county so be it - but it diesn't take much to turn anyone against the Dubs.

The most annoying thing for me today was that I was surrounded by Mayo (minor?)fans for 69 minutes who sat impassively throughout - hopefully enjoying a very good game of football. But when Cork went ahead 12 seconds before the 70th minute they were out of their seats! What part of Cork are they from???? ABD rampant. It sickened me most today ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 am

As said earlier I will look at posts fully tomorrow and (maybe) reply. My abiding feeling now is that some of you (most) are ****ing deligthed we lost. Sad really. There were 82k people there today and you paint everyone with the same brush as a relatively few aresholes. We will come again and I am proud of PG and the lads. Am very surprised at some on here though - maybe I shouldn't be ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:25 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:

Cheap TC - cheap. Way below you I would have thought but maybe not.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:35 am

Most Dublin fans have tarnished the reputation of Dublin fans today. I get really annoyed by the booing of the opposition even when Armagh played and McDonnell was taking free's they were at it and it is understandable why most would turn against them. Every county has bad supporters but the amount of booing and whistling that went on would turn them against the Dubs even if it was only a few.

That being said I do feel sorry for the true Dublin fans like yourself Jayo who had to endure that and you can hold your heads high, this season most expected that Dublin wouldn't have got this far after the dreadful performances against Wexford and Meath but they came closer than most in the end.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 am

There was 82K fans there today. It takes less than 1k to be heard booing frees. I love meeting other fans - had a great chat with two Tyrone oldies at a bus stop for 20 minutes after the games. But **** it - I am a Dublin ****.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 am

It goes without saying that all true GAA fans know that the vast majority of fans aren't like that, but it is always going to be a point of discussion also.

Like I said, all GAA counties have there bad group of fans. Personally I dont like to indulge in winding other fans up that have just watched their team lose, although I have had some arseholes saying things to me in the past....A bit of joking around is alright but apart from that it is a very dissapointing thing to see in the GAA.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Cheap TC - cheap. Way below you I would have thought but maybe not.

Actually Jayo, it is the truth, and was one of the most disgusting things i've seen in the GAA in quite a while. Dublin players were booed off the field against both Wexford & Meath (by huge numbers, not by '1,000' as you have said - the noise was equal to any cheering that is heard when a goal is scored), so why would any neutrals be pleased to see those same 'fans' get success? Amateur players trying their best, and having their efforts booed by a bunch of so-called supporters. I appreciate that you didn't condone it, but many Dublin 'fans' elsewhere did, and many more participated in it.

I appreciate that you are feeling a bit sore after the defeat, that is natural, but you have to expect some slagging. Nobody on this site called Dubs scumbags. The article on the 'langers' thread was posted by Mullins, and copied from elsewhere. Yes, posters have given a bit of stick to the Dubs since their defeat, but why wouldn't they? There are only 2 regular Dublin posters on this site - Mullins has spent the whole year chipping away at other sides/posters, and you yourself have had a pop at Tyrone, Down, Kerry and others in the last week. Look at the threads that you have started. I know it is in gest, but you have to be able to take it, if you give it out.

Again, nobody on here thinks that or is saying that Dublin people are anything other than decent sorts, but you have to be a bit more thick-skinned if you are on here dishing it out to others.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:27 am

To sum up the game. Dublin's inexperience cost them the match. 10 mins to go and a Cork man near me said 'Dublin's match as long as they dont do something silly'. They did. Cuteness was needed in the final minutes but you can't blame Cork for plugging away and the stronger bench also played a part.Bernard Brogan a class act.Thanks to both teams for a most exciting contest with a fantastic athmosphere. Very Happy To posters who continue to abuse other counties please have a look at yourselves. Every county has their share of moron supporters and I have seen some posts already this year degrading Kerry's fans and players. I took my username after 2006 Munster Final in Pairc ui Chaoimh. It was so called Kingdom 'fans' that were a disgrace that day.The GAA has always been known for its respect for other counties and this notion of putting 'Dublin', 'Kerry' or 'Tyrone' etc into a demonised category is cheap from posters with anonymity. Evil or Very Mad Dublin can hold their heads on high and Cork you are contenders providing you start with the team that finished yesterday.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:19 am

I genuinely felt sorry for Dublin yesterday, it reminded me of watching the Galway hurlers
These chances to make an All Ireland Final come very few and far between and Dublin will seldom have a better chance, defeats like that can be hard to take. If only they had Ciaran Whelan of Jason Sherlock coming on to settle them down in the last 10 or 15 minutes they probably would have won as you could see their young lads beginning to panic a little toward the end. That had as much to do with Cork though upping their game when it mattered most and Conor Counihan must take a lot of credit for this with his switches and substitutions. That said on first glance I thought Alan O Connor had take a wonderful penalty but watching it again I think he may well have fluffed it even if it did end up in the back of the net. Cork showed great composure in the latter stages of the game and you certainly could not begrudge this Cork side another tilt at Sam.
Dublin for their part deserve real credit for turning their year around like they did after being written off by so many and with all these young lads coming through and the astuteness of Pat Gilroy and his crew, not to mention a real diamond in their ranks like Bernard Brogan they have more reason than most to be looking forward to 2011.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Very entertaining game - in terms of it being a enthralling contest. Brogans display was superb.
Thought the dubs had this - They worked their game plan tirelessly for 65 mins - got over the penalty and stretched the lead back to three which looked to be enough. Hard to pick a specific reason why they didn't get over the line but inexperience, tiredness, lack of discipline, weaker bench - or a probably a little bit of all of these.
Certainly all of the key cork subs had an impact - Murphy, cadogan and Colm O Neill.
In particular O Neill as cork suddenly had an option from the "get to 65 have a break and try and think about where to next plan"
The Brogan/O Gara - plan was very much a Donaghy/Gooch type approach - however the key difference here is that Donaghy is a footballer - O gara has some shocking wides and was in huge space at one stage in the second half in the "inside right" channel - A score at that stage might have stretched things far enough to take it out of Corks reach.

Lots of emotive stuff about whistles, booing, troublesome fans etc-at the end of the day it doesn't change things
To be honest "louth fans" and "meath Fans" have also had their share of abuse as have the non travelling "kerry and Cork fans" - whilst Tyrone and Mayo players have also been the brunt of a number of threads here and elsewhere.
At the end of day doesn't really mean anything - dubs along with 30 odd other counties are out - They went further than most and gave it a good rattle and have a resonable platform to build on and life goes on.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Was an enthralling game yesterday and I was extremely proud to wear the blue of Dublin. We probably left it behind us but a lot of these players were in their first season and will hopefully learn lessons and improve. I think there are some real gems there and we could see plenty of good days in the near future. I have always admired the likes of the Gooch, Stephen O'Neill, Stevie McDonell and in Bernard Brogan we now have a player that is right up there with these guys.

Gilroy has done a superb job and deserves plaudits for turning things around. He will have learned from yesterday too. I think a few things cost us dearly yesterday. I have said before that the system would be hard to sustain in a sweltering Croke Park. BB and O'Gara were out on their feet at with 15 to go. In addition O'Gara was on a yellow and even though he worked his socks off tracking back he was not able to tackle for fear of a red. I think Giller should have introduced fresh legs earlier.

I think tiredness rather than indiscipline was a factor in the stupid and crucial frees near the end. McConnell's too was a stupid and lazy tackle and he had to go.

Inexperience was also a factor - these guys will have learned a huge amount though and it will stand to them. Cork are on the road a long time. We do need to find another couple of players up front - and hopefully Mark Davoren will return after two horrendous injuries.

I didn't think much of the officials either. Cork seemed to get a lot more soft decisions than we did. The biggest gripe I have though is that Cork got two line balls in a row in nearly the same spot along the Cusack that were clearly Dublin balls - and the linesman was right beside them. They got the penalty off one and a point off the other.

While the end was very disappointing it was a tremendous occasion. Only Dublin can make Croke Park rock like yesterday. Awesome atmosphere and great support for the lads throughout. Roll on 2011.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Jayo -would have to disagree with you on the officials (well the referee anyway) i thought many of the marginal decisions were going Dublins way !!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 pm

bocerty wrote:Jayo -would have to disagree with you on the officials (well the referee anyway) i thought many of the marginal decisions were going Dublins way !!!!

Well that was certainly not the feeling among people around me. I think even the Sunday Game lads referred to it. But the two line calls were wrong for sure.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:Jayo -would have to disagree with you on the officials (well the referee anyway) i thought many of the marginal decisions were going Dublins way !!!!

Well that was certainly not the feeling among people around me. I think even the Sunday Game lads referred to it. But the two line calls were wrong for sure.

I can't recall the incidents you are referring to Jayo, and fair enough if they were soft frees to Cork, but Dublin did get lucky when McConnell somehow stayed on the field after the penalty incident.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Floops Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:18 pm

In the grand scheme of things this has been a successful year for Pat Gilroy... losing to Cork in an AI semi by a single point with a alien system wasn't bad.

For the first time in a very long time we have exited the championship while gaining credibility.

Well done to the lads and well done Cork, we found out why they were red hot favorites Sad
Floops
Floops
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next