GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork - Are they all that?

3 posters

Go down

Cork - Are they all that? Empty Cork - Are they all that?

Post  bald eagle Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

Right, i had my thinking cap on last night about the contenders for the All Ireland, and when it came to Cork, i just couldn't convince myself that they would make an impact in the All Ireland Series.

They won well in their first game against Waterford by 11 or so points, now Waterford are hardly world beaters but you could excuse Cork as it was their first Championship match.

They eventually beat, what we now know to be a mis-firing Kerry team, at the time people were raving that in the way they beat Kerry they were certain to be contenders! Now, fast forward and Kerry have struggled in each of their games since when people would expect them to beat your Sligos & Antrims with consumate ease. Has Kerrys form diluted Corks achievement in that replay?

In the Munster final, i fancied Limerick to win (even though i tipped a draw with Jayo). People were predicting a slaughtering match as Limerick were deemed to have had an easy enough run to the final. Well Cork struggled and for me, got off the hook bigtime against a well drilled Limerick side that will put it up to Meath this weekend. Limerick out played and out scored Cork on the day and it was Corks 2 big scores that stole them the game by one point!

Now people on here are having a pop and making fun of posters for saying that Donegal will beat Cork, stating that Donegal are a bad side and citing their loss to Antrim as a back up!

If you're looking for over-rated teams in the Championship at the minute, then look no further than Cork!

Are they all that? No chance, and they won't have any sort of say in where the All Ireland goes!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Cork - Are they all that? Empty Re: Cork - Are they all that?

Post  JimWexford Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am

I think they are.
They were on a hiding to nothing against Limerick if they had won by 10 points most people (not all) would of said they expected it. They struggled now people are writing them off.
Donegal on the other hand were totally written off until that victory over Derry and still people were not convinced. since they in turn have beaten what most people consider a badly organised and structured Galway side we are tipping them to be Cork.
Beauty of sport is that the underdog can and will always have its day, I only have to think back to last sunday bye bye for another year.
But i think thehype got to cork those players firmly believed all the had to do was turn up, they got a scare but were very fortunate to get out of jail.
I think this will galvanise them and if the don't learn as BE prdicts Donegal will overcome them.
all in all I belive Cork wil prevail and might do it easier than a lot of people think as well.
Can they win Sam , I think Tyrone and the Dubs will have the final say in that
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I think if they can get past Donegal they are in with a good shout. It seems a long time since they played Limerick and that could cause them problems. Donegal have momentum going into this game and i think they will run Cork very close at least. I think Cork are the only team that have a chance of beating Tyrone. If Cork go out this weekend then you might as well hand Sam over to Tyrone on Sunday

Back to top Go down

Post  Rupp Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:27 am

i tihink cork are a serious team this year and i would back them for a slot in the final, look at there sheer size and power. Which is epitomised by peirce oneil he is a brillant footballer who can decide games! They are def worth a couple of euros for the all ireland!
Donegal have done extreamly well to get this far but i just think they wont have the strength in dept to beat this cork team!
Rupp
Rupp
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Sligo
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 am

Where is Rich, Rupp?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rupp Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:03 pm

hel be back on monday i think his laptop is fried
Rupp
Rupp
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Sligo
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down