GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork .... why?

+3
Real Kerry Fan
OMAR
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

Cork .... why? Empty Cork .... why?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm

In light of the shocking post about Dublin which was brought to our attention by mullins I would like to set the record straight!

Dublin folk are the salt of the earth and would give you the shirt off their back - as long as its not the Vodafone blue! The same can not be said for the notoriously cute and tight-fisted Corkonians.

They dare question our Irishness when they declare their own republic in typical arrogant fashion - they can have it - and Stephen Ireland. This from a county that houses Kinsale which is short of being a shire in name only. A county that still lovingly refers to Cobh as Queenstown. A county that gave us Graham Norton!

A county where they speak or sing their own tongue and where no-one else understands nor cares what they are saying. As insular a bunch as you'll find - how many are on here?

A county that crows about their GAA prowess but were quickly put back in their box by the Cats and will remain there for years. A county that brought the whole GAA ethos into disrepute with constant strikes and infighting. A county that houses a crumbling, dilapidated and dangerous stadium as their GAA jewel.

A county where the docks that greet your arrival are as ugly as any in the world. As is the city centre. And as rough as any.

Give me Dublin any day. I hope Giller pins that article on the wall next Sunday!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Cork .... why? Empty Re: Cork .... why?

Post  OMAR Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:In light of the shocking post about Dublin which was brought to our attention by mullins I would like to set the record straight!

Dublin folk are the salt of the earth and would give you the shirt off their back - as long as its not the Vodafone blue! The same can not be said for the notoriously cute and tight-fisted Corkonians.

They dare question our Irishness when they declare their own republic in typical arrogant fashion - they can have it - and Stephen Ireland. This from a county that houses Kinsale which is short of being a shire in name only. A county that still lovingly refers to Cobh as Queenstown. A county that gave us Graham Norton!

A county where they speak or sing their own tongue and where no-one else understands nor cares what they are saying. As insular a bunch as you'll find - how many are on here?

A county that crows about their GAA prowess but were quickly put back in their box by the Cats and will remain there for years. A county that brought the whole GAA ethos into disrepute with constant strikes and infighting. A county that houses a crumbling, dilapidated and dangerous stadium as their GAA jewel.

A county where the docks that greet your arrival are as ugly as any in the world. As is the city centre. And as rough as any.

Give me Dublin any day. I hope Giller pins that article on the wall next Sunday!

Not to mind that they are the only city in the world not to take Arthur to their bosom
And not just once they had to go and have two brands of their own porter

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Jayo can I have your shirt?

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:42 pm

That was a stupid article by whatever langer posted it. Still lets distinguish between West Cork and the City. Sound as a pound in the west. city boys always referring to the small or big ball,depends which is doing better. I think this year they wont have ball big or small. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

OMAR wrote:Not to mind that they are the only city in the world not to take Arthur to their bosom
And not just once they had to go and have two brands of their own porter

Quite - I had intended to mention that but forgot!

RG - I dread to think what a Meath girl might do to a Dub's shirt - so the answer is no!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:That was a stupid article by whatever langer posted it. Still lets distinguish between West Cork and the City. Sound as a pound in the west.

Most of the people in the west are German, French and English so they do have more sophistication alright.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Do you not trust me Jason? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Do you not trust me Jason? Sad

Embarassed In a word ............................. NO!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:Do you not trust me Jason? Sad

Embarassed In a word ............................. NO!

Ouch! That one hurt!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:45 pm

My shirts are an extension of me. Priceless, suave rough and around the collars. They must be protected and treated with respect. Sorry.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Fine you can't have any of my shirts either then Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Cork .... why? Jack_l11

Heathens....6 Celtic Crosses on the spin....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Cork tv 3 Twisted Evil
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

mullins wrote:Cork tv 3 Twisted Evil

Some good stuff here, are they doing one for the hurling as well?
In fairness to Cork they probably did deserve their All Ireland even if they are fairly sh!te
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 pm

Interesting getting to see this - only saw 4 games during the summer on tv at the cost of $60 FFS! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:20 am

Cork lads have sexy accents.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down