GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14

+5
Boxtyeater
hag and cheese
JimWexford
Jayo Cluxton
SamiPremier08
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Empty Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun May 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Don't think I've ever seen Tipp play worse than that barrel of ***** which they rolled out this afternoon. Second to every ball, no challenges, poor control - a totally gutless performance which gave Cork an embarrassing walkover victory.

The forwards may as well have been non existent with a disgraceful lack of scores in the second half, whilst the defence simply could not defend, allowing Cork to win EVERY aerial challenge.

A thoroughly depressing, bollockless performance that makes Tipp look one of the worst teams in the country, not one of the best.

A deserved win for Cork, even though the shocking performance of the Tipp team made it easy enough for them.

Hard to believe that 13 players on the Tipp side today played in the AI final last year. Disgusting stuff.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Empty Re: Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 31, 2010 8:35 am

Not a happy lad Sami - not a happy lad. As suspected by my good self for quite a while now, the Rebels are the only serious challenge to the Cats 5!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

[quote="SamiPremier08"]Don't think I've ever seen Tipp play worse than that barrel of ***** which they rolled out this afternoon. Second to every ball, no challenges, poor control - a totally gutless performance which gave Cork an embarrassing walkover victory.

The forwards may as well have been non existent with a disgraceful lack of scores in the second half, whilst the defence simply could not defend, allowing Cork to win EVERY aerial challenge.

A thoroughly depressing, bollockless performance that makes Tipp look one of the worst teams in the country, not one of the best.

A deserved win for Cork, even though the shocking performance of the Tipp team made it easy enough for them.

Hard to believe that 13 players on the Tipp side today played in the AI final last year. Disgusting stuff.[/quote]

Not really Tipp are totally over hyped and always will be.
They are not the worse (if the get either Wexford/Antrim in the qualifiers they will/could destroy them).
But by he same token they are no where near he best, same as Galway totally over hyped and no where near where they claim to be
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 31, 2010 11:58 am

what do you mean not really Jim?

you mean to say that you weren't surprised with the total no-show from Tipp yesterday? I think after last year they are rightfully hyped as being a good team and - whilst I didn't expect them to have an easy game or even win against Cork - yesterday's performance was a total shock.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 31, 2010 2:09 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:what do you mean not really Jim?

you mean to say that you weren't surprised with the total no-show from Tipp yesterday? I think after last year they are rightfully hyped as being a good team and - whilst I didn't expect them to have an easy game or even win against Cork - yesterday's performance was a total shock.

sorry fully expected and did say so on this forum with ham
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

JimWexford wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:what do you mean not really Jim?

sorry fully expected and did say so on this forum with ham

ok then...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 pm

I don't think mystic meg could have predicted a 10 point loss in fairness i could understand people saying cork would win it though.

Think tipp need to regroup disjointed proformance all-round, the played more as individuals rather than a team. The game the played last year went out the window no 20 yard or short handpasses to get out of danger no composure. Seemed they were happy to take contact only to loose the ball when then outnumbered.

Blame also has to go to the sideline i still think sheedy is a good manager but plan A wasn't in effect yesterday let alone plan b.

Outclassed in nearly every position and also on the sideline, may be a blessing in disguise bit of a reality check I expect them to recover and if they do it will be a mark of a team they can be.... hope these young lads are strong enough to recover i think they are.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 pm

In fairness Hag, they looked terribly dis-jointed. When after 45 minutes no forward was in his starting position the game was up..Very few, if any finished in their starting position and Sheedy looked like Captain Smith re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic..
They are surely better than that....or are they??

If he had any hurling in him, Aisake could be dangerous.. Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Tipp played one absolutely brilliant game last year, when it all clicked together, and everything they tried came. One of those days when everything worked and nothing went wrong.

That was in the final against Kilkenny. They lost.

Prior to that they were not impressive which is why I was amazed watching them in the final.

Yesterday I expected Cork to win. Tipp scrapped past Cork last year when Cork had been on strike. yesterday it was a more even playing field.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 7:39 pm

I'm not sure about over hyped but they were starting to believe the
hype they were taken to the cleaners by a team and i emphasise a team
they were constantly looking for a team member and ideally getting the
ball to gardnier to deliver top class ball to the forward.

Aiske was gracious in his man of the match interview fair play to him.
Aiske will be dangerous if you let people get the correct ball into him
which was spot on and the size of him he'll win it. Also too sheedy to
move curran in on aiske the damage was done maher shouldn't have
started on aiske maher likes to stand off abit and attack the ball but
that hard to do when your marking a lad 6'6 and strong too.

The difference this year was the quality of the ball cork got into the full forward line.... and tipp playing high balls into the cork half-forward absolute madness I thought they learned that years ago.

Tipp need to get back to the way the were playing last year totally flat footed and let the ball do the work without playing long high aimless balls.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Last year Tipp failed to put anyone away, and faded from games for long periods. Just so happened none of the others were good enough to capitalise.

This year maybe they are.

Mind you, I would not write Tipp off. Their display in last years final was not only an eye opener but a warning as to what they might achieve.

But it may have been a one off. We wait and see.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 7:45 pm

patrique wrote:Tipp played one absolutely brilliant game last year, when it all clicked together, and everything they tried came. One of those days when everything worked and nothing went wrong.

That was in the final against Kilkenny. They lost.

Prior to that they were not impressive which is why I was amazed watching them in the final.

Yesterday I expected Cork to win. Tipp scrapped past Cork last year when Cork had been on strike. yesterday it was a more even playing field.

Well I'd say 3 games the league final the limerick match (opposition made that easy) and also the final. Some times a mark of a good team in winning games when not playing well but i'd agree the final was one of the first times they put 70 mins of hurling together.

Yesterday will pose the questions if they can recover and move to the next step... many will say no but being a tipp fan I know these hurlers are better than this and they can. Think for the leaders to step up.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Correction

"Tipp need to get back to the way the were playing last year not totally
flat footed and let the ball do the work without playing long high
aimless balls."
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 31, 2010 7:56 pm

The above is correct. Tipp played none of the short passing game we saw at times last year, whenever they did get the ball (which wasn't very often) they lost it again by using what I like to call the 'hit and hope technique'.

They were totally and utterly outplayed and the question definitely is can Tipp recover, I'm hopeful that qualifiers will give them the 'practice' and game time to get themselves together properly as a team and hopefully sort themselves out for the semi-finals. Maybe.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  GMan Mon May 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Icon_rolleyes I actually thought Tipp were playing pretty well in the first half, except of course for dealing with Aisake (a fairly big except). Felt at half time that if they could sort that out, they could win alright. I still can't fathom the second half. At one point Brendan Cummins hit a short puck out, no-one seemd ready, and a Cork point resulted. From there it seemed to go all Cork's way and Tipp had no answers at all. Back to all long puck-outs to the half forward line, cleaned up by Cork.
Cusack's puck-outs were very successful, but often because Tipp players simply weren't watching their opponents. Too many went straight to Gardiner in the first half, with no one on him.
Eoin Kelly had most disappointing day I've ever seen. Is he injured? And what happenned to passing the slioter to a better placed team-mate? Too much individualism.
Tipp were taken by surpise big time. You have to fight for every win at this level. Can only hope that the fight and will to win returns over the next couple opf months, and we can see the real Tipp again in August. As Nick English rightly said in today's Irish Times "Its a long way back for Tipperary......". It won't be easy.

GMan
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 pm

GMan wrote:Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Icon_rolleyes I actually thought Tipp were playing pretty well in the first half, except of course for dealing with Aisake (a fairly big except). Felt at half time that if they could sort that out, they could win alright. I still can't fathom the second half. At one point Brendan Cummins hit a short puck out, no-one seemd ready, and a Cork point resulted. From there it seemed to go all Cork's way and Tipp had no answers at all. Back to all long puck-outs to the half forward line, cleaned up by Cork.
Cusack's puck-outs were very successful, but often because Tipp players simply weren't watching their opponents. Too many went straight to Gardiner in the first half, with no one on him.
Eoin Kelly had most disappointing day I've ever seen. Is he injured? And what happenned to passing the slioter to a better placed team-mate? Too much individualism.
Tipp were taken by surpise big time. You have to fight for every win at this level. Can only hope that the fight and will to win returns over the next couple opf months, and we can see the real Tipp again in August. As Nick English rightly said in today's Irish Times "Its a long way back for Tipperary......". It won't be easy.

I thought they were alright in the first 10 mins but it was more a case of cork steping it up a level then.

On eoin kelly I still believe it had a lot to do with the ball he was getting either high ball or short ball where he ended up comming into the the half forward line then had the half backs and and his marker to deal with.... even if he won it he could lay it off as their was no-one moving into space. Callinan and corbett i think only made 1 one those runs straight threw the heart of the half forward line and picking up a lay off unfortunately lost the ball both times.... if you look at last year most of the tipp goals came from situations and moves like that!!! No disrespect to cork they did in a sense stop tipp from playing but i can't honestly see tipp playing that bad at all.... but another thing that concerned me was the lack heart and work rate when cork did get on top and no-one on the tipp team could catch the game by the scruff of the neck management included there.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:In fairness Hag, they looked terribly dis-jointed. When after 45 minutes no forward was in his starting position the game was up..Very few, if any finished in their starting position and Sheedy looked like Captain Smith re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic..
They are surely better than that....or are they??

If he had any hurling in him, Aisake could be dangerous.. Cork 3-15 Tipperary 0-14 Affraid

Boxyeater changing positions i wouldn't see as an issue it a tactic used by many teams kilkenny constantly rotate their forward line... but what is a bad sign is even with this rotation it posed the cork backs little problem.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Corbett is the main reason I didn't rate Tipp. Looks exciting but real challengers for Liam should not be unduly worried by him.

Kilkenny's lack of Cha last year, doing the defensive mid field, meant Corbett even got a lot of loose ball in the final. Watch him closely, and he is limited.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 pm

patrique wrote:Corbett is the main reason I didn't rate Tipp. Looks exciting but real challengers for Liam should not be unduly worried by him.

Kilkenny's lack of Cha last year, doing the defensive mid field, meant Corbett even got a lot of loose ball in the final. Watch him closely, and he is limited.

Ahh here come on I'll take the limerick game outside that he was managing 4 points in each game and has been one one of tipp tipps consistant scores for tipp. Also many of his scores last year outside of the limerick game where no tap ins when he is isolated one on one he is at his best and granted needs space, I'm not saying he is the best forward in the county and not in the same class of the shefflin, kellys, o'conor's canning but still is a good forward and saying he is limited is being very harsh he's a pace player just because he's not like joe canning dosen't make him limited.

How come this is the first time I've heard you saying corbett is limited were you saving it for a proformance like that to try and prove you point!!!!
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 pm

The game is over not the season Tipp should progress to 1/4 finals at least and depending on the draw possibly semi but they will have to avoid KK, Cork, Galway (who will NOT win Leinster of the AI) and possibly Waterford. Very quite in that camp so it will be interesting to see them against Clare, to be contenders they need to see then banner off by at least 10-15 points.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

JimWexford wrote:The game is over not the season Tipp should progress to 1/4 finals at least and depending on the draw possibly semi but they will have to avoid KK, Cork, Galway (who will NOT win Leinster of the AI) and possibly Waterford. Very quite in that camp so it will be interesting to see them against Clare, to be contenders they need to see then banner off by at least 10-15 points.

Most people will reckon Waterford will see off Clare easy enough, but I'm not so sure. Can see it being a fairly close game with Waterford winning by 4 or 5. Kilkenny are most likely to win Leinster IMO and I'd say Cork vs Waterford in the Munster final - tight call but I'd go with Cork for Munster.

That leaves Waterford and probably Galway as beaten provincial finalists in the quarters with Cork and KK in the semis. Can never tell with qualifiers who will make up the quarter finals; I'd like to think Tipp can manage that but then Dublin, Limerick, Clare, Wexford, Antrim, Offaly all in the bag as well it's a difficult call to make.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:30 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
JimWexford wrote:The game is over not the season Tipp should progress to 1/4 finals at least and depending on the draw possibly semi but they will have to avoid KK, Cork, Galway (who will NOT win Leinster of the AI) and possibly Waterford. Very quite in that camp so it will be interesting to see them against Clare, to be contenders they need to see then banner off by at least 10-15 points.

Most people will reckon Waterford will see off Clare easy enough, but I'm not so sure. Can see it being a fairly close game with Waterford winning by 4 or 5. Kilkenny are most likely to win Leinster IMO and I'd say Cork vs Waterford in the Munster final - tight call but I'd go with Cork for Munster.

That leaves Waterford and probably Galway as beaten provincial finalists in the quarters with Cork and KK in the semis. Can never tell with qualifiers who will make up the quarter finals; I'd like to think Tipp can manage that but then Dublin, Limerick, Clare, Wexford, Antrim, Offaly all in the bag as well it's a difficult call to make.

Those in bold forget about they will at most win a game in the qualifiers BUT only because they will be playing one another
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:36 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:

Waterford are finished Sami, Clare will beat them!! You heard it here first!!!

Last edited by bald eagle on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm

JimWexford wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:

Those in bold forget about they will at most win a game in the qualifiers BUT only because they will be playing one another

Which two teams do you think will come out of the qualifiers then Jim? I'd say Tipp and one of the ones you've highlighted?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Tipp should stroll it, hoping Wexford but that is only if we avoid Tipp also got Dublin in the mix
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next