Dublin v Cork

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dublin v Cork

Post  mullins on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will this game be the biggest fixture of the year..Will Cork want this game on there own ground..I remember 83 like it was yesterday ......

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts: 2962

Back to top Go down

Re: Dublin v Cork

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:51 am

I do too - mullins - one of my fav days of all time. But not tonight!

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts: 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:58 am

This will be a classic..

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 am

Strange year for Dublin supporters...Jusk 2 steps away from our holy grail...

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Floops on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:25 pm

should be a sell out but there are still tickets available as far as I know.

Things are quiet right now which is great - no hype whatsoever...but there was bound to be injuries in training and sure enough Darren Magee is now out of the picture for this game

fingers crossed that the rest of the panel will be fighting fit for the 22nd

UP THE DUBS!

Floops
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts: 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Floops wrote:but there was bound to be injuries in training and sure enough Darren Magee is now out of the picture for this game

Floops - he broke his leg in a league game v Fingal Ravens ....

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Floops on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Floops wrote:but there was bound to be injuries in training and sure enough Darren Magee is now out of the picture for this game

Floops - he broke his leg in a league game v Fingal Ravens ....

Yeah I heard that after I posted this... I just assumed he wasn't playing because I heard most of the first teamers aren't playing club.... don't tell me I'm wrong about that too?

Floops
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts: 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 am

Floops wrote:... don't tell me I'm wrong about that too?
affraid

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:46 am

Floops wrote:... don't tell me I'm wrong about that too?
affraid

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:11 pm

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:46 pm

I recall an iconic Banner on th hill back in the day when you could bring in a pole (not a 6 foot helga- more the wooden type)

Barney Rock strikes faster than CIE

Class through the ages

OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts: 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:56 am

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am

FM104 and The Evening Herald once again set the pace on the hype front. Mullins does his bit too.

Will the rabbits, better known as Dublin County panel be able to handle it all? One would hope that after the Tyrone game they might have turned the corner. But the "ride our luck" element has now evolved into real All-Ireland expectations. And thats only as a result of the Tyrone game whereas in years past, it was the Leinster championships that created the false hope. My suspicion is that the Dubs are now at the very same crossroads that they faced in 2008 vs Tyrone and 2009 vs Kerry. The hopes and expectations of a county firmly resting on their shoulders.

As bad and all as Cork are, I can't see it. Cork by thirteen plus. Either way, Kildare must be raging hot favourites to deliver a first All-Ireland in 82 years.

Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts: 3113

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 am

Yeah Loyal - Leinsters are no big swing ............ but at least we actually won all ours ....

Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:21 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:FM104 and The Evening Herald once again set the pace on the hype front. Mullins does his bit too.

Will the rabbits, better known as Dublin County panel be able to handle it all? One would hope that after the Tyrone game they might have turned the corner. But the "ride our luck" element has now evolved into real All-Ireland expectations. And thats only as a result of the Tyrone game whereas in years past, it was the Leinster championships that created the false hope. My suspicion is that the Dubs are now at the very same crossroads that they faced in 2008 vs Tyrone and 2009 vs Kerry. The hopes and expectations of a county firmly resting on their shoulders.

As bad and all as Cork are, I can't see it. Cork by thirteen plus. Either way, Kildare must be raging hot favourites to deliver a first All-Ireland in 82 years.

Loyal i know its hard being a meath fan at the moment ,watching Dublin Gaa moving up the levels..but im sure if you need a bucket theres a few posters on here who could pass you 1..

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:16 am

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Loyal is right, expectation on Dublin has gone through the roof since the Tyrone win. Where did the "anything after the quarter final is bonus territory" theory go? Cork are a huge step up from Tyrone in terms of physicality and Dublin can't rely on Cork to exhibit the poor marksmanship that haunted Tyrone throughout the Quarter Final. Cork still have not showed us their best this year and should go through to the final without much hassle.

Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts: 2366

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 am

Jonsmith wrote:Loyal is right, expectation on Dublin has gone through the roof since the Tyrone win. Where did the "anything after the quarter final is bonus territory" theory go? Cork are a huge step up from Tyrone in terms of physicality and Dublin can't rely on Cork to exhibit the poor marksmanship that haunted Tyrone throughout the Quarter Final. Cork still have not showed us their best this year and should go through to the final without much hassle.

The ABD brigade has arrived jerry jerry jerry

Last edited by mullins on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 am

mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonsmith on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

2 people, hardly a "brigade" And I'm by no means anti-Dublin. Merely an opinion. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.. Nice to see you making full use of the 'embed video' function though.

Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts: 2366

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum