GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork hammer Dublin

3 posters

Go down

Cork hammer Dublin Empty Cork hammer Dublin

Post  bocerty Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 am

Dublin 0-14 3-22 Cork

Jesus thts an awful hammering for a team that have high hopes this year of making a big breakthrough.

Are they only kidding themselves, has Daly bitten off more than he thought he had or should we not read much into the result.

Either way it s a bit of a hammer blow to the Dubs - Daly says its a wake up call - i think the damage inflcited by such a defeat could be irreparable and may have blown the Dubs hopes out of the water before they have even pucked a ball in anger.

Anyone any other thoughts????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Cork hammer Dublin Empty Re: Cork hammer Dublin

Post  rich dublin Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 am

to be honest i would not read to much into this, what team did dUBLIN HAVE OUT? where was it played? what was corks team? plus the intesity may not have been there as it was a challenge.,

dublin still looking at leinster anyway not munster.
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am

Rich - true they are looking at Leinster - but if Cork can inflict that sort of defeat what would Kilkenny not do to them???????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2009 11:57 am

To be honest, Dublin are improving but you couldn't place in the same bracket as the Cats yet.

In saying that, when Ger Loughnane was in charge of Clare, he used to run the team up that famous hill in Clare the day before League games. That way Clare would lose - and play terrible - and he'd have something to throw at them. Think Galway hammered in 1997 in the League, and Clare went on to win Liam. Wouldn't be surprised if Daly was at similiar tricks.

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon May 11, 2009 11:59 am

not sure, but if they are up for it what would kilkenny do to any team in the country?

as for the dubs, not im not a dub dont know what they are looking for this season but i would imagne a couple of wins in leinster followed by qualifying for the 1/4 finals would be a big improvement for them.

so if you take that to its logical conclution they would need a win over Antrim followed by a win over Wexford/Offaly.

then they would have made progress. dont think they can even look at kilkenny just yet.............
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 pm

If we don't win Sam AND Liam I will be pretty peeved to be honest ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm

i just think the phsychological damage that a heavy defeat like that can have can perhaps undo all the good work Daly has done thus far with the Dubs.

They had a fairly decent league campaign and the confidence would have been high.

Perhaps it was too high and Daly deliberately picked this match to bring a few guys back down to earth.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:If we don't win Sam AND Liam I will be pretty peeved to be honest ....

Jayo i wasnt suggesting that Dublin were harbouring any real notion of winning Liam. My point was that this result represented a major setback in their efforts to make a breakthrough into the top table of senior intercounty hurling.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:If we don't win Sam AND Liam I will be pretty peeved to be honest ....

Jayo i wasnt suggesting that Dublin were harbouring any real notion of winning Liam. My point was that this result represented a major setback in their efforts to make a breakthrough into the top table of senior intercounty hurling.

Don't mind me Boc - I'm only dreaming! Ah but I wouldn't read anything onto a challenge. Besides Cork have a huge amount of catching up to do and will be bursting a gut to do it and may have had an element of revenge (or we'll show yis) as Dublin beat their 'other' team in League!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down