GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louth v Meath

+26
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
patrique
Boxtyeater
Loyal2TheRoyal
JimWexford
The Puke
OMAR
Peter Solan the Great
gaamad1996
GAAGenious
RMDrive
Dougal
Shinners
Dr.Shephard
hogan2010
hurlingguru
GAA-Fan
3inarow08
mid-mon man
mullins
bocerty
Bermuda_Bomber
Sawyer
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
30 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Louth v Meath - Page 2 Empty Re: Louth v Meath

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:44 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:I have been highly critical of Slugden for the past year - today goes to show how poor of a ref he is.

The umpires are just as bad, about a metre away and can't see that Sheridan threw the bloody ball in the net.

Disgraceful scenes aswell though.

Threw it into the net?!? Shane Horgan would have been proud of getting over the line for that try!!!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:45 pm

So long as I get my tipster points for tipping Meath to win Leinster I don't see any need to see the GAA taking any formal action here
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:47 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:I have been highly critical of Slugden for the past year - today goes to show how poor of a ref he is.

The umpires are just as bad, about a metre away and can't see that Sheridan threw the bloody ball in the net.

Disgraceful scenes aswell though.

Threw it into the net?!? Shane Horgan would have been proud of getting over the line for that try!!!

Threw it in, dived over the line, does it really matter for gods sake!? Fact is it's daylight robbery.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 pm

1. Some Louth fans showed themselves in a bad light today.
2. Wasn't a goal
3. Louth were the better team in 2nd half.
4. Sludden shouldn't be allowed to referee ever again.
5. There won't be a replay
6. Not Meath's fault they took a chance and it paid off.
7. Umpires shouldn't be allowed back on to a GAA pitch.
8. 3 minutes were added - almost 4 were played.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Louth v Meath - Page 2 Empty Is the SS's Legacy tarnished by throwing the ball in the 2010 Leinster Final?

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:56 pm

The Forum favorite has been accused of committing an act of daylight robbery by throwing or even carrying the ball over the line to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against unlucky Louth.The scenes at the finish mark a new low for Leinster football. How is the great man to be held to account for this? In fairness to him its the ref who should probably be held to account. If he's ever allowed to ref a game of football ever again I will eat the hat off Boxty.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:58 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:1. Some Louth fans showed themselves in a bad light today.
2. Wasn't a goal
3. Louth were the better team in 2nd half.
4. Sludden shouldn't be allowed to referee ever again.
5. There won't be a replay
6. Not Meath's fault they took a chance and it paid off.
7. Umpires shouldn't be allowed back on to a GAA pitch.

Totally agree. A small number of Louth fans let their county down but I can understand their anger. If I was a Louth man I'd be putting holes in walls somewhere. Louth were much the better side in second half and should have won today. The fact that there are three men being paid to make such atrocious decisions is a joke. An absolute disgrace. It's not meaths fault, nor is it Louths, but the ref and umpires should never be allowed to have a say on any gaelic match again.

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Louth v Meath - Page 2 Empty Last minute Try claims Leinster Football Championship

Post  Dr.Shephard Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Louth have been cruelly denied a first Leinster title in 53 years. A Try in the very last minute handed snatched victory from the jaws of defeat for the Royals.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 pm

In the first instance, the additional time on top of injury time was probably added on due to stoppages to book Louth players for time wasting.
First and foremost, it was a blatant square ball. Add that to the fact that he carried it over the line.
When the referee went up to his umpire, he did not consult with him - he told him to raise the green flag.
I really feel for Louth on this but the behaviour of their players and fans left a lot to be desired.
The referee and match officials did not cover themselves in glory at all.
If the guards and stewards are going to be in attendance, they should have done a better job of protecting the referee at the end. Wonder what will be done about the fan who threw something from the stand and hit one of the stewards in the head?
Unfortunately the only ones who will come out of this with any credit from this is Meath.

As others have said, here on TV etc; if there is any fairness, a replay should be offered though the GAA may take a hard line on it and say that they were going to offer a replay but after the scenes after the game, they don't deserve it.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:08 pm

mid-mon man wrote:

Threw it in, dived over the line, does it really matter for gods sake!? Fact is it's daylight robbery.

Relax MMM, I didn't mean to pick you up on whether it was thrown or carried! Louth v Meath - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:10 pm

absolute robbery,a disgrace if that isnt replayed.despite being a cavan man i dont mind the stonethrowers,but louth deserved to win that game.not really the refs fault (though he was woeful throughout the game),it was the umpires,they stood there like plaebs,they didnt have a clue.

alot of things need to be looked at after that.the goal,some of the louth supporters at the end and the mark brennan incident at the start of the second half.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:14 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:

Relax MMM, I didn't mean to pick you up on whether it was thrown or carried! Louth v Meath - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Sorry Triona, was just still very annoyed at that decision!

Can't understand how this tool gets to referee games of such importance when he can't make simple decisions like that. He reffed one of our games a few years ago in the Ulster club and was terrible, he's never got any better and yet he seems to be getting bigger games? scratch

But even though he should have seen it himself, I can't understand the umpires not disallowing it, two of them looking at the incident about a metre away, a clear view and still not a clue. Some of these eejits aren't fit to umpire an u-12 league game.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:26 pm

It's about 20% the refs fault and 80% the umpires.
Terrible reaction from the Louth "fans".
Where the hell were the Gardai to protect the ref. That one guard will be laughed at by his colleagues for his pathetic attempts to protect Sludden.
Today spelled the end of pitch invasions in Croker.
If the goal has been scored by Meath in the first 2 minutes would there be calls for replays?
Louth had enough chances with frees to win it.
Sludden rode meath for most of the game.
There will be no replay nor should there be (and the panel calling for one is just a joke).
Louth will need to get the heads down and focus on their qualifier game.
Meaths inconsistency was made apparent again.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm

mid-mon man wrote:

Sorry Triona, was just still very annoyed at that decision!

Can't understand how this tool gets to referee games of such importance when he can't make simple decisions like that. He reffed one of our games a few years ago in the Ulster club and was terrible, he's never got any better and yet he seems to be getting bigger games? scratch

But even though he should have seen it himself, I can't understand the umpires not disallowing it, two of them looking at the incident about a metre away, a clear view and still not a clue. Some of these eejits aren't fit to umpire an u-12 league game.

No bother.

Ya those umpires just didn't have the courage. They'd rather pass the buck to the ref. Imagine if they did disallow it? What would happen? The umpire would be surrounded by about 15 Meath players, and at the final whistle Meath fans would come onto the pitch and try and attack him!

But that ref just ran over to the umpire and told him to wave the green flag - I doubt the ref would have listened to the umpire!

Anyway, it could all have been avoided if the ref didn't play more time than he should have looking for the draw so the GAA would have another pay day!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  GAAGenious Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Today is a terrible day for the GAA, Its sponsors, Supporters, A replay should be granted but wont be and that fairly sure, what adds to the fun and games is the cork point which went wide, The referee and todays officials should be all suspended and if IF a replay is granted it should be played without the presence of the Louth supporters todays scenes are totally unacceptable. Not to mention I have louth in a GAA accumulator and now I dont know what to do with it !
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Louth v Meath - Page 2 Empty Didier Drogba gives his reaction to the Leinster Final

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:28 pm

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Good one Mossbags!

Am I right in thinking there was a replay offered by someone in Leinster a good few years ago following a dodgy decision in the first game???
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Sheridan got let off. His actions aren't going to be remembered it's going to be the actions of the fans who attacked the referee.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:35 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Sheridan got let off. His actions aren't going to be remembered it's going to be the actions of the fans who attacked the referee.

WTF did Sheridan do wrong? He did the same thing that happened about 100 times in the game - he cheated to gain an advantage for his team. The same as kicking away balls, 3rd man tackles and a host of other things. Meath shouldn't come into the discussion at all. This is about the officials and some Louth fans.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:40 pm

[quote="RMDrive"]
GAA-Fan wrote: Meath shouldn't come into the discussion at all. This is about the officials and some Louth fans.

Jog on boss. The Delaney Cup is clearly not worth pissing in if the victors claim it in such a vile and sordid manner. Dark day for Meath, and yet another dark day for Leinster football
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:40 pm

RMDrive wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Sheridan got let off. His actions aren't going to be remembered it's going to be the actions of the fans who attacked the referee.

WTF did Sheridan do wrong? He did the same thing that happened about 100 times in the game - he cheated to gain an advantage for his team. The same as kicking away balls, 3rd man tackles and a host of other things. Meath shouldn't come into the discussion at all. This is about the officials and some Louth fans.

Aye but if it hadn't been for the assault on the referee the spotlight would have been on Sheridan, that's what I meant about him being let off. I don't blame him, most players would have done the same.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:43 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

Aye but if it hadn't been for the assault on the referee the spotlight would have been on Sheridan. I don't blame him, most players would have done the same.

Incorrect, if the ref hadn't been assaulted the focus would still have been on the officials. No one in their right mind would blame Sheridan for what happened.

I'm sure Sawyer and other Louth fans will be disappointed at their teams ability to avail of the chances presented to him and at some of the crazy decisions their players made (that forward who got sent off for example.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Didn't take long for a video to pop up on youtube, even if it is poor quality:

mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:45 pm

[quote="mossbags"]
RMDrive wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote: Meath shouldn't come into the discussion at all. This is about the officials and some Louth fans.

Jog on boss. The Delaney Cup is clearly not worth pissing in if the victors claim it in such a vile and sordid manner. Dark day for Meath, and yet another dark day for Leinster football

Why is my username on that quote?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Looking at the end of the game there again, and Peter Fitzpatrick confirmed it on a radio interview aswell, Sludden didn't consult with the umpires at all but just went in to tell them to raise the green flag, he had already decided it was a goal! What an absolute idiot! Obviously the umpires are still at fault as they should have been stronger and told Sludden he was wrong, but it just shows the arrogance of Sludden, didn't listen to his umpires at all and decided he knew best.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:07 pm

totaly sluddens fault after lookin at MMM's video.he runs up to the umpire and told him to put up the flag.even henry admitted that what he did was wrong,joe sheridan hasnt done so yet,and until he does il think alot less of him than i did before the game.in an interview after the game he said something along the lines of "some things went our way,and we wont be as lucky the next day".man up and admit that your attempt at a goal was illegal.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next