GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louth v Meath

+26
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
patrique
Boxtyeater
Loyal2TheRoyal
JimWexford
The Puke
OMAR
Peter Solan the Great
gaamad1996
GAAGenious
RMDrive
Dougal
Shinners
Dr.Shephard
hogan2010
hurlingguru
GAA-Fan
3inarow08
mid-mon man
mullins
bocerty
Bermuda_Bomber
Sawyer
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Louth v Meath - Page 6 Empty Re: Louth v Meath

Post  Grenvile Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:07 pm

What is Sludden talking about?? He blew his whistle to award a penalty but then decided to award to the goal when he saw the ball crossing the line. Now in order to see the ball crossing the line he would need to see how it was played across the line, which of course it was not. So he couldn't play any advantage (if that's what he was doing) and would need to call it back for the penalty. Which he did not do. And all this despite the fact that there was no visible foul to award a penalty. And this is what Meath have based their refusal on? Suspect

Not sure that would work RKF. It's the Delaney Cup that Louth wanted not the quarter final spot.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Saw this on facebook.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Only really able to comment on this now as i finished watching the match last night and i must say how fecking annoyed i am that a piece of refereeing (or lack of) has taken away from the fact that this match was one of the best games i've seen in a long time. From the first minute to the 73rd minute i was gripped by the style in which the game was played, quick ball into the forward line with short hand passing out of trouble in defence.

Both teams went at it hell for leather and over the time Louth deserved the win but you can't take away from the fact that they also missed 3-14 not counting the balls that dropped short to the 'keeper. In simple terms, they should have hammered Meath!

I read reports, posts and comments on the incident that won the game for Meath and to be honest my own opinion of it is that Sheridan didn't deliberately throw the ball in the net as i was led to believe from reports, he did try and kick it but got no where near it and ended up throwing the ball in. It still shouldn't have been allowed but i don't think it's the players fault, we're all told to play to the whistle and that's exactly what Sheridan did!

The ref made the most almighty of balls ups at the end, and by God does he know it now! Funny thing is that up to that i feel he had a pretty good game, he got a lot of the calls right and sent of the lad Judge correctly for 2 stupid challenges that needlessly put his team-mates under extra pressure.

On the question of the replay, i feel that the Meath players and county board were perfectly correct when they refused the replay and that they were put under a lot of pressure from the media and GAA to do so. I admire them for their stance and you can say it's unsporting but then again why should they change a wrong that an official of the GAA made a mess of? To be honest, i think Meath would beat Louth in a replay anyway!

The GAA showed a massive lack of leadership by making Meath decide, it is a tarnished trophy and even Meath admit to that. They should not be made to pay when a GAA official makes a mess of a decision, why should they? The referees are there to make sure play is kept within the rule book and boundries of the GAA rule book, and as a player it is your job to push those rules to the limit. Sheridan was carried over the line with his momentum and by the look of him he was as shocked as anyone when it was given, i don't know what the interview after the game was like as the provider didn't show much after the game.

I feel very sorry for Louth, they feel they should have won the Leinster title and probably should have too but they should have been further out of sight that 1 point. Meath won a tarnished trophy, through no fault of their own and i will stop short in congratulating them for winning the Leinster title but i will congratulate both teams on a wonderful game of football, final refereeing decision aside!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Louth v Meath - Page 6 CON1210
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Former Forum pacifist Joseff seems to have fared badly in the conclusion of this eh! matter.....

Sometimes you would wonder where Joseff's incarceration is happenig.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down