GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louth v Westmeath

+5
Boxtyeater
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
9 posters

Go down

Louth v Westmeath Empty Louth v Westmeath

Post  RMDrive Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Well one of them are going to end up in the Leinster final. surely that deserves a thread?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Louth v Westmeath Empty Re: Louth v Westmeath

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Westmeath had a very poor run in the league and because of this they will now both be in the same division next year. Westmeath are at a low, and Louth are on a high after beating Kildare. Will expect Louth to win by 4.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Westmeath had a few bad games in the league which is true, but we were unlucky in some of them such as versus Meath and Kildare. More importantly though, the panel for the majority of the league was an experiment by Professor Hackett, where he tested players on the field due to their physical attributes and not their footballing ability. For that reason I have to dismiss our league performances completely.

Pat Flanagan has brought in quite few of the impressive under 21 side who reached the Leinster final for the last match against Wicklow. Coupled with the return of Dessie Dolan, Denis Glennon and more recently Derek Heavin and double all star John Keane, Westmeath have a pretty solid team.

Westmeath by 2 points. Louth v Westmeath Drunken_smilie

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Sebastian wrote:Westmeath had a few bad games in the league which is true, but we were unlucky in some of them such as versus Meath and Kildare More importantly though, the panel for the majority of the league was an experiment by Professor Hackett, where he tested players on the field due to their physical attributes and not their footballing ability. For that reason I have to dismiss our league performances completely.

Pat Flanagan has brought in quite few of the impressive under 21 side who reached the final for the last match against Wicklow. Coupled with the return of Dessie Dolan, Denis Glennon and more recently Derek Heavin and double all, John Keane Westmeath have a pretty solid team.

Westmeath by 2 points. Louth v Westmeath Drunken_smilie

Tempted to change my predictions now. Jayo...can I change them?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Louth v Westmeath Icon_twisted no .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Louth forwards were very impressive v Kildare and if they continue in that vein they will run up a good score. Westmeath will have got great confidence from their win so it could be tight but I expect Louth to shade it.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 am

Well meself and the bro sat down in the Lower Cusack in glorious sunshine to witness the day's fare while 4 wee lads (!) from Louth gasped - would they see anything? Assured that they could see we sat through another 70 minutes of unadulterated torture - an annual event now. The wee lads were giving it all for Meath ... strange ... they usually hate each other and will in two weeks time. Still thats being a Dub for you - you will very rarely get a non-Dub's support ... even if we were playing Linfield ...

We stayed for the main event - supporting Louth - in honour of roundy, CLG and Kevin Conway - and fair play to the wee county - their support dwarfed Westmeath and Meath's. We had a good crack with four ould Louth lads in front (one of them pulled JC aside at HT in the first game to whisper 'I hate them Meath c****') - a true Louth man!

Louth started well and then forgot to keep doing what they do best but they never panicked and won well in the end. Paddy Keenan is a class footballer and some of the front players know how to score. If Meath look beyond Louth they could get a right Royal kick up the h***!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 am

Dessie Dolan is past it, thought he should have been off instead of Lynam when Flan came on.. Glennon has pace to burn but you just get the impression that he's not really 100% committed?

Louth will give Meath lots of it..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:The wee lads were giving it all for Meath ... strange ... they usually hate each other and will in two weeks time. Still thats being a Dub for you - you will very rarely get a non-Dub's support ... even if we were playing Linfield ...

Paddy Keenan is a class footballer and some of the front players know how to score. If Meath look beyond Louth they could get a right Royal kick up the h***!

Obviously brought up in homes that admire honest, rugged football. None of this namby-pamby stuff for them....
And yes, Paddy Keenan, while not being a Jacko or a Dermot Earley, stirs something in Boxty's ancient heart..a 100% man..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 am

Jonsmith wrote:
Louth will give Meath lots of it..

Dunno Smithy....Their exuberence this evening, while more than welcome and indeed heart-warming, shows to me that they feel it's been a magnificent Summer for them.
Meath have the bit between their teeth now and with their experience and know-how, will be a tough nut to crack in a Leinster final..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 am

It was a pretty crap performance from Westmeath despite the close scoreline. It was the EXACT same bullshyte against the Dubs last year, hopeless passes into nowhere or into a Louthman's chest. One player in particular (It would be unfair to name) should never be selected for an Inter-county team ever again, if a man can run for miles and lift a hundred kilos that's all well and good, but if he can't make the most basic passes he has no place on a football field.

ps: Well done to Louth

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm

I hung around for the second game.

The Louth support have a bad edge to them but maybe they got a bit delirious as they went searching for a first Leinster final in 50 years. Certainly the award for noisiest supporters of the weekend goes to them.

Can't imagine what it'll be like if they beat us in two weeks ago. Presumably a lot of soccer heads will travel just like yesterday.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  CLG Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

The Louth support have a bad edge to them.

What do you mean by that Loyal?

CLG
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundy Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I hung around for the second game.

The Louth support have a bad edge to them but maybe they got a bit delirious as they went searching for a first Leinster final in 50 years. Certainly the award for noisiest supporters of the weekend goes to them.

Can't imagine what it'll be like if they beat us in two weeks ago. Presumably a lot of soccer heads will travel just like yesterday.

Loyal2theroyal, i want u explain your last post. being from louth i am very offended. how wer der alot of soccer supporters der and how did u recoqnise them, did dey have 2 heads or something. I just want to know wat was going on dat was soccerish about it?. typical meath, tink dey know everything. so wat if the supporters made abit of noise, should we be quiet at all de games now, its not golf u know. yes we wer abit excited because we havent been in a final for 50 years and surely dats understandable, we are human in louth u no. even if louth never won anyting in gaa, i still wouldnt like to hail from your part of the country. just 2 let u no der is still a final to play, yous havent won it yet and dont u worry welll be der on the 11th roaring and shouting our team on. mite bring some vuvuselas wit us aswell. AN LU ABU and u no wer u can go with your royal county.

Roundy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sawyer Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Of course we got delirious after fifty years of trying.

As far as a bad edge goes, well there were Meath supporters everywhere absolutely goading Dubs fans to the last after the first game, cursing at and taunting them. My opinion of Dublin supporters rose last Sunday to be honest, most that I saw walked away and wished us good luck in the final.

As far as soccer heads go, well no doubt the Meath and District League will be on hold as well. If you've got issues with the first allegiance of Meath supporters, that's your prerogative, the more red jerseys in Croker on Sunday week, the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 pm

Roundy wrote:[Loyal2theroyal, i want u explain your last post. being from louth i am very offended. how wer der alot of soccer supporters der and how did u recoqnise them, did dey have 2 heads or something. I just want to know wat was going on dat was soccerish about it?. typical meath, tink dey know everything. so wat if the supporters made abit of noise, should we be quiet at all de games now, its not golf u know. yes we wer abit excited because we havent been in a final for 50 years and surely dats understandable, we are human in louth u no. even if louth never won anyting in gaa, i still wouldnt like to hail from your part of the country. just 2 let u no der is still a final to play, yous havent won it yet and dont u worry welll be der on the 11th roaring and shouting our team on. mite bring some vuvuselas wit us aswell. AN LU ABU and u no wer u can go with your royal county.

Bullet point your grief in a language that the Forum might read......I abandoned your scheidt (Mossbags) after line 2....

Facebook, or some such lower acedemic level forum for you.......... Louth v Westmeath Kopfschuettel
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundy Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:08 am

Dear Boxtyeater,

I apologise if the verbosity of my post offended your superior leitrim eyes. Would have thought i would have had to dumb it down for somebody who lives in a county where the main attraction is the new set of traffic lights.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Roundy

PS dont offend me by writing back until you start supporting a county that can win at least one championship game a year.

Roundy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:56 am

Roundy wrote:

Loyal2theroyal, i want u explain your last post. being from louth i am very offended. how wer der alot of soccer supporters der and how did u recoqnise them, did dey have 2 heads or something. I just want to know wat was going on dat was soccerish about it?. typical meath, tink dey know everything. so wat if the supporters made abit of noise, should we be quiet at all de games now, its not golf u know. yes we wer abit excited because we havent been in a final for 50 years and surely dats understandable, we are human in louth u no. even if louth never won anyting in gaa, i still wouldnt like to hail from your part of the country. just 2 let u no der is still a final to play, yous havent won it yet and dont u worry welll be der on the 11th roaring and shouting our team on. mite bring some vuvuselas wit us aswell. AN LU ABU and u no wer u can go with your royal county.

Roundy - you get very defensive! Louth have the two best MF ers in Leinster - White and Keenan - a sound defence and good scoring forwards - go on Judgie! Enjoy the team and the moment and stop being so defensive!

ps I think Louth supporters are among the best - and I mean that.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:37 am

Louth v Westmeath Andy_fish.120233458

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:41 am

Roundy wrote:Dear Boxtyeater,

I apologise if the verbosity of my post offended your superior leitrim eyes. Would have thought i would have had to dumb it down for somebody who lives in a county where the main attraction is the new set of traffic lights.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Roundy

PS dont offend me by writing back until you start supporting a county that can win at least one championship game a year.

Sonny, the exuberence of my verbosity would encapsulate you, with a whim, into a tsunami of phraseology, sayings and diachometic expostulations, that would leave you not knowing whether it was your arxe or your head was suffering worst..

"Seek the fair land that first gave you succour"............We haven't a juvenile sectiion as yet...PM Mossbags on that one..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down