GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse racing

+14
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
bald eagle
Grenvile
Dougal
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
GAA-Fan
Bermuda_Bomber
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
Loyal2TheRoyal
mossbags
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Horse racing - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse racing

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Two threads shall suffice for now.

However, next week as we all try to come to grips with the latest results and Festival fallout, certain debates may spill on into other threads. But we'll cross that hurdle when we come to it.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Loyal, have your topic in here. Create anymore horse racing threads they will be deleted.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:You are a joke Jayo. This website is destined for failure because of the ignorance of its administators.

There was one thread about the Festival itself and one about the monetary aspect of things. Two entirely different things.

A thread called Horse Racing could be about anything. The latest point-to-point in Mallow, the road to the Kentucky Derby, Sea The Stars goes to stud, how can all those topics be considered the same thing?

Suppose we have to make room for the growing sport that is dentistry. Whens the world tooth pulling championships? Jeez, I hope it dosen't clash with Cheltenham, the racing industry will be hit hard with all the dentistry fans amongst us.

Ignorance Loyal?

This is a GAA site, not a site for horse racing. If this site were to fail, it would be because of your constant moaning about things on this site that nobody else seems to have a problem with. Horse racing topics are getting out of hand. Want to talk about betting? There is a topic for it. Want to talk about horse racing? There is a topic for it. Majority of the posters couldnt care less about Cheltenham, if they did they would go on to a horse racing forum, not look on a GAA forum.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

If its a GAA site, why don't you just delete the Non GAA section? Surely the existence of such a forum is to cater for Non GAA topics?

The Cheltenham Festival is a religion to the Irish people. To suggest that no posters have any interest in it is typical of someone with a Southside Nancy boy attitude. Vincent O'Brien and Paddy Prendergast are heroes. And this is how you repay them? Obvious you spent a few years in England, typical Brit thinking.

Please check out the Betfair Cheltenham 2010 forum and you will find lots of my preachings on there. Also lots on AnFearRua, a proper GAA site that has dedicated Cheltenham tipsters and all. It appreciates the close link between the GAA and horse-racing, not like this Brit-infested "GAA" site.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:If its a GAA site, why don't you just delete the Non GAA section? Surely the existence of such a forum is to cater for Non GAA topics?

The Cheltenham Festival is a religion to the Irish people. To suggest that no posters have any interest in it is typical of someone with a Southside Nancy boy attitude. Vincent O'Brien and Paddy Prendergast are heroes. And this is how you repay them? Obvious you spent a few years in England, typical Brit thinking.

Please check out the Betfair Cheltenham 2010 forum and you will find lots of my preachings on there. Also lots on AnFearRua, a proper GAA site that has dedicated Cheltenham tipsters and all. It appreciates the close link between the GAA and horse-racing, not like this Brit-infested "GAA" site.

Typical brit thinking? You truely are a joke Loyal. I dont know a lot about Horse racing, but last time I checked wasn't Cheltenham in England? So that makes it an English racing festival right? Also, GAA is the most dominant sport in Ireland [which believe it or not, is what this site is about], not horse racing. Have I or any other administrators banned horse racing chat on this forum? No.

To be honest, I dont even know why this is being discussed. There is a horse racing topic, thats all there is going to be. It makes moderating this site a lot easier if it is all under the one topic.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Ah FFS is it time for more cow racing? This is not a sport!! Where is the human ability? Where is the human drive to win? Ban horse-racing I say. Not just from this forum but from the world.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

You have taken the next closest step to banning it without actually doing deed, lumping it all into one thread. Indeed, if memory serves me right, RMD headed up a campaign to have it banned once.

It is an Irish dominated Festival, the horses are all bred in Ireland with a few notable exceptions coming from France in recent times and the jockeys are mostly Irish bred too. Even a number of trainers listed as English, are actually Irish. Ferdy Murphy is the most obvious one.

The World Cup is being held in South Africa, dosen't mean the South Africans started soccer. Jump racing originated in Ireland. Long before any O'Neills ball was ever pumped, point to points were being held around the country.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 pm

RMDrive wrote:Ah FFS is it time for more cow racing? This is not a sport!! Where is the human ability? Where is the human drive to win? Ban horse-racing I say. Not just from this forum but from the world.

Appalling comment. If you don't appreciate the jockeyship skills involved in racing, then it makes me wonder how Mrs. RMD ever managed to throw out that sprog. No offence.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:You have taken the next closest step to banning it without actually doing deed, lumping it all into one thread. Indeed, if memory serves me right, RMD headed up a campaign to have it banned once.

It is an Irish dominated Festival, the horses are all bred in Ireland with a few notable exceptions coming from France in recent times and the jockeys are mostly Irish bred too. Even a number of trainers listed as English, are actually Irish. Ferdy Murphy is the most obvious one.

The World Cup is being held in South Africa, dosen't mean the South Africans started soccer. Jump racing originated in Ireland. Long before any O'Neills ball was ever pumped, point to points were being held around the country.

You are missing the point, is it or is it not a British festival?

As for South Africa, there is a clue in the title, it is a world cup. Hosted by different countries every four years.

If memory serves me right, I let you keep horse racing, and still am.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 pm

A great man one wrote ...

"I never really thought there was any "genius" needed in training them. The hard part is the breeding. The training part is just a lot of endeavour and effort. If they are any use, they'll train themselves, you just keep them healthy."

Horse racing is a joke. It is not a sport.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 pm

You are missing the point and you continue to miss it.

I'm off to An Fear Rua and Hogan Stand. Proper sites.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

RMDrive wrote:A great man one wrote ...

"I never really thought there was any "genius" needed in training them. The hard part is the breeding. The training part is just a lot of endeavour and effort. If they are any use, they'll train themselves, you just keep them healthy."

Your WUMs won't work on me.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

I just wish horsey ireland would pay their taxs
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

my opinion exactly.i always wondered how many people would have any interest in horse racing if there were no gambling.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:You are missing the point and you continue to miss it.

www.gaatipster.ie

www.theracingforum.co.uk

Guess what forum is dedicated to talking about horse racing...
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 pm

LOL. Good man Loyal. Proper sites indeed. I for one will miss you and hope you are back to educate us soon.

Might see if we can stick up a running timer that shows the time without Loyal. Please god it will be measured in minutes rather than hours. It's with a heavy heart that I sign off tonight

Last edited by RMDrive on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Loyal, you are always welcome to come back but please dont justify what cant be justified.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Dougal wrote:

my opinion exactly.i always wondered how many people would have any interest in horse racing if there were no gambling.

What has gambling got to do with it?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:

www.gaatipster.ie

www.theracingforum.co.uk

Never heard of it. Why have a Non GAA forum if items of a Non GAA description are not going to be allowed? You are incapable of running this forum.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

www.gaatipster.ie

www.theracingforum.co.uk

Never heard of it. Why have a Non GAA forum if items of a Non GAA description are not going to be allowed? You are incapable of running this forum.

Because there are a variety of different topics that can be talked about. You post a new Horse racing topic almost every week. So now to save you the bother, there is just one horse racing topic.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:09 pm

RMDrive wrote:Ah FFS is it time for more cow racing? This is not a sport!! Where is the human ability? Where is the human drive to win? Ban horse-racing I say. Not just from this forum but from the world.

Agreed. One thread on it is one too many.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Jonsmith wrote:

Agreed. One thread on it is one too many.

Ah I'm only rising to be honest. I don't like it and I don't think it's a support but there are loads of people that enjoy it so I think it should be discussed on here as much as people want. Too many threads though is an annoyance for all posters so things have to be kept within reason.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Why couldn't ye have waited until after Cheltenham to launch your anti-racing purges?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

mossbags wrote:Why couldn't ye have waited until after Cheltenham to launch your anti-racing purges?

Love it! Purges! It conjures up images of the Spanish inquisition or something.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mossbags wrote:Why couldn't ye have waited until after Cheltenham to launch your anti-racing purges?

Love it! Purges! It conjures up images of the Spanish inquisition or something.

Stalin purged his best men and was then within inches of being overrun by the forces of darkness. You are in danger of making the same mistake.

Bad form messing with the racing threads a week before the Festival.
I assume your now going to amalgamate all the soccerball threads into one now as well.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next