GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing

+4
sportstime
SamiPremier08
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
8 posters

Go down

Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing Empty Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:41 pm

It's crazy at this stage. I mean for all we know Loyal could just be making up names.

"I'd go for Calculator in the 4.15 in Doncaster. She cruised home last time out and Joe Windsor is a trainer at the top of his game. I also fancy RMDrivesarsecrack in the final race at Eddington."

In all seriousness who gives a toss? It's time to end this. Who's with me?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing Empty Re: Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 pm

As much as I hate it, some people on here do have an interest in it.

Instead of banning, one topic for horse racing should be made. Or keep it to the betting topic.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing Empty Re: Can we please ban all talk about the so called sport of horse racing

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

One day...............

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:48 pm

ahh we can let Loyal go on about it if he enjoys himself...it's not like we have to listen to him is it? Cool
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Let's be clear folks. I'm going for an outright ban of all horse related discussion. If anyone even says "why the long face" they should be banned permanently.

It's time for this non-sport to be eradicated from the pages of this forum.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  sportstime Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Well if any of the tips win and you've backed them then surely it would be different then !
sportstime
sportstime
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 pm

I think its good and if he studied his books half as much! Horse racing is something we are probably the best in the world at too! Don't be so harsh RMD - football is a two horse race as you know and sometimes the dead cert loses ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm

RMDrive wrote:Let's be clear folks. I'm going for an outright ban of all horse related discussion. If anyone even says "why the long face" they should be banned permanently.

It's time for this non-sport to be eradicated from the pages of this forum.

No this would just drive it underground! Loyal and Samin would invent a code and post things like 'Howya Samin - good day for a BRIDLE BIT if you were in WOLVERHAMPTON at around 4.10pm' and Samin would reply - 'I hear the lorry is good to go and the driver and mechanic are very confident and have put a lot of money in the boot. It may not drive straight but can go each way, know what I mean.....' It would just descent into shebeen speak and they are hard enough to understand as it is ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I won't post anymore about racing after this message.....I promise.

All I'll say is that three weeks ago Johnny Murtagh (recently appointed ambassador for racing in Ireland) did a 30 minute interview on AtTheRaces. As part of his new position, he is doing all this stuff to help promote racing here. Anyway, he started going on about how racing is more popular in Ireland than soccer, rugby, boxing, etc! Well I shook my head in disbelief and said to myself, who are you trying to convince here Johnny?

How many people will watch the Confederations Cup this week as opposed to watching one of the great stayers of all time bid to make history on Thurdsay, Johnny?

We are currently the most successful racing country in the world, ahead of the USA, Australia, Japan, South Africa, etc! By the looks of things, that won't continue. Vincent O'Brien's great legacy has got us this far but what will happen now? In five years time, racecourses are going to have to start closing down, Tralee went last year. Already, Kilbeggan, over the road from me are in huge trouble. All because people refuse to give it a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:In five years time, racecourses are going to have to start closing down, Tralee went last year. Already, Kilbeggan, over the road from me are in huge trouble. All because people refuse to give it a chance.

Thats not a new thing though Loyal. Baldoyle and the Phoenix Park (my fav) were let go too. Baldoyle remained an eyesore for over 25 years I reckon and the PP was built on too. You would've imagine a city like Dublin could sustain a couple of courses. I can always recall good crowds at the PP - think they had the richest race in Europe on there - and yet it went to the wall.

Who was at fault for that do you know - I never actually looked into it. Was it just chasing the property developers buck?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Under no circumstances will Loyal stop talking about horse racing. He is just as much entitled to speak about horse racing as someone else is about soccer or rugby. RMDrive, everybody has a right to freedom of speech, leave Loyal alone. As much as I may disagree personally with horse racing I still back Loyal's interest in it and his right to discuss it on here.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 am

Merely the weak-minded responses I expected. It is obvious from reading the forum that the vast majority of posters agree with me. Can I safely assume that the Administrators will now ensure that all horse related discussion is a thing of the past?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:38 am

You should be gratefull Ascot is taking the attention of Donegals performance at the weekend. Personally love Loyals input on horse racing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:06 am

RMDrive wrote:Merely the weak-minded responses I expected. It is obvious from reading the forum that the vast majority of posters agree with me. Can I safely assume that the Administrators will now ensure that all horse related discussion is a thing of the past?

No, but can we assume this mutiny against Loyal's valuable horse-racing input is a thing of the past?

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:36 am

I hope not, granted i don't participate all the time but i do look in an comment from time to time and sure if it's in the Non-Gaa section what harm is it doing? As some posters might say, if you don't like it, don't read it!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm

While having no particular interest in the subject, rarely a week goes by that I don't visit my local bookmaker with a chancy oul' lucky 15. So what if Loyal goes on about it...his posts, I find are not the inane one liners prominent on another forum. Rather they are well rationalised and equally well articulated and I always read them with a modicum of interest. BTW he's a dreadful tipster.
As another poster has said if you don't wanna read 'em then don't. End of....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey Boxty - what's wrong with inane one-liners!!

Oooops there's another one......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Hey Boxty - what's wrong with inane one-liners!!

Oooops there's another one......

DBPC springs to mind.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:39 pm

I am truely heartened by the display of support received here. It is a fine feeling to know that you will all stand shoulder to shoulder with me as I try to rid this forum of the scourge of horses.

So join me in shouting "Neigh"!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:31 pm

RMDrive wrote:I am truely heartened by the display of support received here. It is a fine feeling to know that you will all stand shoulder to shoulder with me as I try to rid this forum of the scourge of horses.

So join me in shouting "Neigh"!

Your campaign won't RUN FURLONG as people will soon have their FILLY of it if it goes on at LENGTH. This protest was MAIDEN Donegal - not famous for horses but ASCOT connection nonetheless - don't SADDLE Loyal with all the blame as others do JOCKEY for position on racing and DERBY others with an interest. Rolling Eyes

Now - do you give up!!! Wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm

samin10 wrote:You should be gratefull Ascot is taking the attention of Donegals performance at the weekend. Personally love Loyals input on horse racing.

Agree totally. Maybe seen as you wont have much to be cheering this Summer you should flip the coin RMD and Go Racing. I have a spare ticket to the derby if your on elephant
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down