GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 11 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Dougal Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 pm

well,it's getting close to throw-in,are any of the GT crew mad enough to come and support us,or will you wait and see if we win,and support us against our biggest rivals Monaghan.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:34 pm

I'll be there I reckon, not supporting ye lot thought! But that semi-final would be very interesting!

Think ye should be winning this one anyway.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm

mid-mon man wrote:I'll be there I reckon, not supporting ye lot thought! But that semi-final would be very interesting!

snap anyone but cavan
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Would love to be there but have the small matter of a cakewalk against the previous poster's county to attend .... Hope to be at the Cavan-Monaghan semi though if there are no conflicts of interest.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 am

JimWexford wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:I'll be there I reckon, not supporting ye lot thought! But that semi-final would be very interesting!

snap anyone but cavan

Glad to have ya on board Jim, this board otherwise seems to have gone Breffni-mad for some reason.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm very wary of Fermanagh... They would have won this fixture last year if they had a half decent free taker and if O'Rourke hadn't got his tactics woefully wrong on the day. I'm sure they'll have their plan to stifle Seanie (back on form scoring 8 points against the Wexicans in a challenge, what will Brogan do to them??) so hopefully that will leave place for other forwards to punish them.
Then again Cavan are a better team than last year. Givney gives us at least one good midfielder, Nesty playing well on the forty and McKeever and Cahill back in the fold all a big help. I'd like to see Declan McKiernan play full forward and Cullivan midfield. I wouldn't let Walsh or Galligan past the carpark...

Could go either way.. Hopefully Cavan won't be added to the list of big names to make an early exit to the qualifiers.. Razz

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

As I said, I think Cavan should be winning this and anything less would be a step back. Fermanagh have went a good bit back from the last couple of years imo, even the return of the Gallaghers hasn't made any difference. Unreal to think that a couple of years ago they could(and should) have won an Ulster title had they a single player to convert simple frees.

Cavan on the other hand look to have a few handy additions to the squad, not least some of the u-21s which I was impressed with when I seen them, Givney in particular looks impressive.

Providing Cavan don't buckle under the favourites tag and remain wary of an unpredictable Fermanagh team they should get through this one.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

mid-mon man wrote:As I said, I think Cavan should be winning this and anything less would be a step back. Fermanagh have went a good bit back from the last couple of years imo, even the return of the Gallaghers hasn't made any difference. Unreal to think that a couple of years ago they could(and should) have won an Ulster title had they a single player to convert simple frees.

Cavan on the other hand look to have a few handy additions to the squad, not least some of the u-21s which I was impressed with when I seen them, Givney in particular looks impressive.

Providing Cavan don't buckle under the favourites tag and remain wary of an unpredictable Fermanagh team they should get through this one.

The vast majority of the U-21s have gone to America for the summer. Disappointing considering there was a midfielder and corner forward who would most likely have made the panel along with Givney and D. McKiernan... Perhaps a small indication about the desire for football in the county..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Ye its a let down the amount of them gone. But I think the midfielder could do with the summer off I dont think his knee is right from the injury he had last year. Simply fact is Cavan have to break even at midfield to do anything in the championship something we havnt done in years so alot rests on givneys shoulders! Any team thats on top at midfield and givving decent ball into their forwards will win.
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Even when they nearly broke through Fermanagh were a low scoring team. If Cavan hit somewhere around 1-12 it should be more than enough - even 0-12 might be enough! Jelly will get that on his own! Have faith lads - believe!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Sad to hear the news that our 'adopted' paper the Cavan Post is to close. I hope it was nothing to do with our support and that ...er article .... Cavan GG News - Page 11 Icon_redface

Commiserations to those involved with the publication.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

is it?i was just reading it at work today and didnt see anything about that.was a decent enough paper,for the football results and that anyway,never bothered reading any of the rest of it.seemed to have a good enough write up for the match on saturday. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Mentioned on 9 o'clock on RTE and have a look at this, Meath and Sligo Posts gone too .... Cavan GG News - Page 11 Icon_cry

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Six Cavan debutants

Cavan GG News - Page 11 Davidgivney
Cavan's David Givney
09 June 2010

Cavan boss Tommy Carr has handed out six Ulster Senior Football Championship debuts for this Saturday's showdown with Fermanagh at Kingspan Breffni Park (throw-in 5.15pm).

In defence, Denn's Tomas Corr makes his championship bow at full-back alongside team captain and club mate Martin Cahill, who has recovered from a hamstring problem to take the number four jersey, while Paul Brady starts at number five in a half-back line which sees two more debutants included in Eoin McGuigan and Alan Clarke.

The Breffni County's last line of defence, Fintan Reilly, also makes his first start in the Ulster SFC, as does up and coming midfielder David Givney, who came on in last year's semi-final defeat to Antrim and is accompanied by Drung giant Ciaran Galligan at centre-field, as Nicholas Walsh is ruled out with a hamstring injury and Lorcan Mulvey starts on the bench.

Up front, imports Gareth Smith and Michael Brennan are set for their first provincial championship appearances in a Cavan jersey at centre-forward and left corner-forward, respectively, while star attacker Sean Johnston has recovered from his well-documented elbow injury to start at full-forward.

Cavan (Ulster SFC v Fermanagh): F Reilly; D Sheridan, T Corr, M Cahill; P Brady, E McGuigan, A Clarke; C Galligan, D Givney; R Flanagan, G Smith, M McKeever; C Mackey, S Johnston, M Brennan.

Subs: D Murphy, D O'Dowd, E McPhillips, L Mulvey, M Johnston, R Cullivan, R Galligan, D McKiernan, M Reilly, P Brady, E Smith, M Brides, M Hannon, J McCutcheon, N Walsh.

only 3 changes from the team i said would start,and one of them is due to injury.not a hope of johnston starting FF,if he starts at all.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Michael Brennan?! Suspect Well he surely isn't being given that jersey on league form. Hopefully he can step up to the mark but I'm skeptical... Two good replacements in Cullivan and McKiernan (potential to come on and be the saviour) or even Reilly for a different option in there. Johnston surely won't start FF but a good forward 6 if they get going.. Back line untested but you're guaranteed a committed performance from the Denn boys..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Mentioned on 9 o'clock on RTE and have a look at this, Meath and Sligo Posts gone too .... Cavan GG News - Page 11 Icon_cry

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No surprise really, the Monaghan version closed last year, which is a pity as it was a good bit better than the old favourite in Monaghan, The Northern Standard, especially for sport.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Best of luck to Alan Clarke a man from my own club! I have full faith that we shall win on saturday!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:18 pm

scoopmine wrote:Best of luck to Alan Clarke a man from my own club! I have full faith that we shall win on saturday!

hard to know which Fermanagh team will turn up though the same could be said for Cavan - both sides are a bit of an enigma when it comes to Ulster championship football. No doubt O' Rourke over achieved in his first year and they gone backwards since.

Cavan havent exactly set the world on fire of late but i feel they are the up again whereas its hard to know which direction Fermanagh are going - the old achilles heel of a reliable free taker and scoring forwards is still there unless something dramatic has happened since their dismal league campaign.

I'd be surprised if Cavan dont win - bit i got all predictions wrong last weekend in tipster so Fermanagh will probably hammer them!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Great win for the juniors last night! Beat meath last night..
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:43 pm

I see Ray Cullivan has left the panel after being left out of the starting team, bit of a blow surely?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Seems to be a lot of players throwing toys out of their prams this weather. Watching too much Premiership ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

doesnt sound like ray.not sure if theres more than meets the eye but if there is ill know by morning.he could have decided to go to the states for all we know.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:45 pm

At the end of the day these lads are amateur players-But its sad to see players dropping off the panel so close to the championship- after doing all the hard work to get there in the first place.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Carr is not a man-manager and never has been...Dose of the jitters setting in possibly.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:56 am

True reproduction of a conversation overheard in a Cavan town licenced premises last night

Are you for the game tomorrow
jaysus I don't know - the games on the the telly
good point €25 when it will probably be a sh$$te match and if youre at home you could switch over to the soccer
I'd have gone if Walsh was playing but hes done his hamstring
has he fook jaysus hadnt heard that - dont think ill head
Probably wont - have the kids to mind anyway wifes heading out thats why im having a few pints tonite
Same as myself they should win anyway but the winners will go no furder
sure why dont you bring the kids up well grab a few pizzas for tea - ya can put them down in our house
sounds like a plan
Ive a case of bulmers in the garage
thats that then
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content