GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Cavan GG News - Page 24 Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  champers Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Another Cavan victory.....Begod he'll be a proud man handing Sam over to Cian Mackey in 2016.

No word from Jonsmith at all on this or other issues  Suspect 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

god bless him Rolling Eyes 

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Cavan come out of Celtic Park with a win.  cheers 

Tyrone come to Breffni next weekend.. We shocked them in the Minor Semi Final in 2011 with 2 goals from Big Conor Finnegan.. Has the makings of a fantastic game. Michael Argue the one to watch from Cavan this year, Senior appearances last year and kicked 4 points from play tonight from Midfield.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:35 am

So Cavan will be promoted with a win in Pearse park on Sunday? Longford have some key players back now and can be difficult to beat at home i also think they have a decent record against Cavan? As for the U21s they are shaping up well again but Tyrone will be Cavan's biggest test in Ulster.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:So Cavan will be promoted with a win in Pearse park on Sunday? Longford have some key players back now and can be difficult to beat at home i also think they have a decent record against Cavan? As for the U21s they are shaping up well again but Tyrone will be Cavan's biggest test in Ulster.

More or less. If we beat Longford only Limerick can catch us and they'd have to win all of their games. Cavan have a terrible record against Longford, I was at the qualifier in Breffni in 2011 when they hammered us out the gate and I really think that was a low point for Cavan. Longford were going well at the time but I've never seen Cavan as bad, it would have been one of Johnston's last games for Cavan, I believe he was captain at the time.

Longford are coming off the back of two wins and they'll know if they can beat us they're in the mix for promotion. Cavan have named Keating which is a huge bonus and gives us a focal point in attack. I think it will be very very close tomorrow, promotion is there for this team they just need to reach out and grab it. There is no reason Cavan can't win this game. H'on Cavan!!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Division 2 status for 2015 secured. Stuttering up front but rock solid in defence, still no goals conceded. I expect this to be put to the test against the free scoring Roscommon next week. Now a chance to use the panel, get the injured players back fit in a comfortable setting before the League Final and then look to the Armagh game. Keating, Alan Clarke, Argue and Killian Clarke all to come back into the starting 15.

Attention now turns to the U21s who welcome Tyrone to Breffni on Wednesday night. It's a massive task and they'll have no fear of us or our U21 record. Injury leaves Argue and Madden doubtful and Nevin O'Donnell looks to be out for certain.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Division 2 status for 2015 secured.

Hugely important. Last year was a missed opportunity but, fair play, it has been put right in the least possible time this season.

It may not be pretty, but it is working.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Failing to secure promotion would have been a huge blow. The team really matured in the Championship last year and in the past two games have stepped it up a gear when it was required.

What's the feeling about the U21 game TC?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:23 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:

Hugely important.  Last year was a missed opportunity but, fair play, it has been put right in the least possible time this season.

I don't think Cavan were in the running for promotion last year? Fermanagh were and missed out.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 am

Great stuff from Cavan so far this year. Longford can prove doughty opponents by times and with the weight of expectation on them the Breffni Blues delivered the goods. Wasn't pretty I gather but.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Hugely important.  Last year was a missed opportunity but, fair play, it has been put right in the least possible time this season.

I don't think Cavan were in the running for promotion last year? Fermanagh were and missed out.

I was referring them missing out on going up, and that 2014 player development and championship preparation would have been better if they'd been in division 2 this spring. JS knows what I meant, as it's been discussed a couple of times on here already.

I know little about this Tyrone U21 side, JS. Cavan at home will be very tough to beat. I'd be surprised/impressed if we won.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Cavan recovered from a poor start in losing to Antrim to win their next two games and had we beaten Fermanagh in Breffni we would have been well in the mix but Damien O'Reilly was sent off early on and we couldn't manage to reign Fermanagh in.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Cavan recovered from a poor start in losing to Antrim to win their next two games and had we beaten Fermanagh in Breffni we would have been well in the mix but Damien O'Reilly was sent off early on and we couldn't manage to reign Fermanagh in.
I don't think a win against Fermanagh last year would have been enough as Cavan finished on 7 points while the two promoted sides Meath,Monaghan had 10 points. Has been suggested Cavan would be promoted a few years ago if they played their U21s but i'm not sure about that theory.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Yes but going into the Fermanagh game all was still to play for, although we would have needed someone to do us a favour against one of the promoted two, we put out a second string team v Roscommon in the last round and got hammered.

We probably would have been stronger with our U21s available for the whole League but I don't think it would have changed the results that much at the end of the day. I still think we've done the right thing again this year by leaving them off during the U21 Championship. Let them filter through naturally and allow them to give their sole focus to the U21 Championship.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:08 pm

How many of the Cavan U-21s from this year played for the juniors yesterday?

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Dublin 2008 junior champions as they say the rest is history

Well Done cavan

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Gaa_lover wrote:How many of the Cavan U-21s from this year played for the juniors yesterday?

8 from this years U21s were on the starting team yesterday. 6 of the others were U21 last year. Only 1 of the starting team didn't represent Cavan at U21 level.  

Good grade to develop those U21s then and why others don't do likewise is strange.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:48 am

With three games at home to come Cavan should aim high for back to back promotions sure Monaghan did it last year can't Cavan.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24