GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan GG News

+33
Podger
Parouisa
gaamad1996
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
beer baron
drungrebel
Thomas Clarke
gsmithy
OMAR
GAAGenious
GAA-Fan
Armaghgeddon
bocerty
johnnos bulls
Loyal2TheRoyal
mugsys_barber
Sawyer
scoopmine
KerryKatriona
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
JimWexford
mossbags
Grenvile
Real Kerry Fan
Boxtyeater
mullins
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mid-mon man
Dougal
Jayo Cluxton
37 posters

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Go down

Cavan GG News Empty Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 pm

After a long period of deliberation at GTHQ and the careful analysis of a number of candidates Cavan have been announced as the GAATipster Offical Team for 2010. We had considered Carlow - but the jerseys were too much. Leitrim were in the running - until today. Waterford were also in the mix but nobody knows where Fraher Field is.

So we stumped for Cavan! Basically what is means is that Cavan becomes our second favourite team for 2010. We will support them, look for their results, hoover up inside info and defend them in pubs the length and breadth of the country.

They were easy to pick really. A county with unbelievable tradition that has fallen by the wayside - until now. We will help Cavan back to the top. We will open people's minds to the Breffni. No more will people think of meanness and potholes when they hear Cavan mentioned. We will tell them of the legend of Cavan. The great players, the Ulster titles, the All Irelands and Larry Reilly!!

We will organise an outing to a Cavan game this year. This thead is devoted to Cavan football team 2010. All news, gossip, results, reports and stories regarding Cavan are welcome here!

Breffni abĂș!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Cavan GG News Empty Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 pm

How convenient!

They already are my second team Cavan GG News Icon_cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 pm

CAVAN FOR SAM
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:04 am

Support Cavan?! Jaysus, no wonder I had to leave this place for a while! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:05 am

Dougal wrote:CAVAN FOR SAM

So say it once and say it loud - I'm Breffni and I'm proud ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 am

Ok MMM - we will exempt Farney folk from this one! Cavan GG News Icon_razz

Where ya been!!! Ye missed Tipster Week 1 !
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 am

Ah just been a lazy fecker I suppose in not logging in! Been busy but sure that's no excuse is it!

Just remembered about the tipster comp when I logged on there and seen the messages, have to wait for the championship I suppose. Sure I'm only sparing yous all from a beating anyway! silent
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:18 am

mid-mon man wrote:Ah just been a lazy fecker I suppose in not logging in! Been busy but sure that's no excuse is it!

Just remembered about the tipster comp when I logged on there and seen the messages, have to wait for the championship I suppose. Sure I'm only sparing yous all from a beating anyway! Cavan GG News Icon_silent

I will probably take latecomers on lowest score from week 2 if you want to participate MMM. But I warn you - Loyal is on fire!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 am

Ok so we are playing Fermanagh on 12th June in the Champo. A Saturday evening in Kingspan Breffni awaits with a few large bottles in the town first and a run through our repertoire of Cavan ditties. So do we run a tip to this one or will we wait til the semi v Derry/Armagh/Monaghan on 27th June?

ps Jonsmith or Dougal - can ye get a bit of sponsorship for our supporters club off Mr Quinn? Nothing extravagant - maybe a minibus, a meal in the Cavan Crystal and a free bar would be fine.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 pm

That's it, i've just retired Down as my Second team for the 2010 season and promoted Cavan, sure why not when the little maestro Eamon Coleman was down there coaching before he got ill?

See you all at Breffni folks, will Jon or Dougal be buying the first round or will ye be sticking to stereotypes? Cavan GG News Icon_wink

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

JonSmith

Thats some training pitch they have at the back of Breffni
New all weather job - The pitch itself looks wider then Croker.
Some sugar daddy somewhere still has a few shillings in these recessionary times

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ok so we are playing Fermanagh on 12th June in the Champo. A Saturday evening in Kingspan Breffni awaits with a few large bottles in the town first and a run through our repertoire of Cavan ditties. So do we run a tip to this one or will we wait til the semi v Derry/Armagh/Monaghan on 27th June?

ps Jonsmith or Dougal - can ye get a bit of sponsorship for our supporters club off Mr Quinn? Nothing extravagant - maybe a minibus, a meal in the Cavan Crystal and a free bar would be fine.

Jayo i think Mr. Murtagh/Mr Elliott rather than Mr Quinn would be the appropriate multi-Millionaires to contact.
Would also have thought that Mr Quinn (notwithstanding his county allegiances) would be highly unlikely to provide funding for a meal in a competitors hotel.
And Free bar in Cavan would be an event that would be costly in terms of crowd control.

Maybe your bus could stop off in Virgina/Kilenkere/BallyJduff or somewhere in east cavan.
It would serve as acclimatisation as about 75% of the residents are in fact semi retired Dublin taxi Drivers. They all retired to the country when they were able to sell the Dublin 3 bed for seven figures. However the Meath people would'nt give them planning permission so they all moved just across the Meath Cavan Border.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm

we might be able to get former manager Donal keoghan to give us a few drinks and a bit to eat in the imperial before hand.

training pitch looks to be a great job alright,dont know where the moneys coming from.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Dougal wrote:we might be able to get former manager Donal keoghan to give us a few drinks and a bit to eat in the imperial before hand.

training pitch looks to be a great job alright,dont know where the moneys coming from.

I think thats the money from croke park which was meant to be for the clubs that they used.

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:33 pm

I know where Fraher Field is.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 am

Jonsmith and Dougal will be the disciples who will guide us on our pilgrimage to the Breffni. It is fitting that a GAA website respects tradition, honours history and educates recent converts as to what made the organisation the national icon that it is today. From is transient, class is permanent. Thumb through the records - read of the all time greats - peruse the rolls of honour - Cavan to the fore in all.

We could have aligned ourselves to any county - in either sport. Could have gone with the Man U of GAA - but the Dubs need no help. We could have jumped the bandwagon and became Kilkenny supporters - ensuring ourselves a good sup at least twice a year. We could have gone West and marvelled at the silken skills of the Tribes - or gone East and marvelled at their hurling skills. We could have gone to Leitrim or Roscommon but neither would have forgiven us for going to either. Could've joined the Rebels but alas held no union cards. We could've gone all the way back to 7 years ago when football started or chosed a county that won many provincials but only one Sam. The world was our lobster but there was one solution only.

We figure there is not a county out there with the tradition that our guys have. The history - the legends. Just waiting to come good again. Yes we will jump on the bandwagon. But we will jump on it before it even hits the road. Our backing will be the catalyst. Cavan people may wallow in self pity - may over-reminisce of the glory days - may think that nobody cares - but we do. We want to see a Cavan man hoist the Anglo Celt. We want to see Breffni men back in Croker like they own it. And we will be there with them - slightly peeved that we were not born there - but happy to experience the return of a giant. This will be our season.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 am

Ah Jayo you bring a lump to a mans throat as I dream of the Breffni men rekindling the glory days. surely it won't be long before cavan once again produces players that are household names and immortalised in balad, poem and song. This is the county that has given is John Joe, Mick Higgins, Charlie Gallagher, Gunner Brady, Lous Blessing, Ollie Brady, Tony Tighe and recent times Stephen King, Big Dermot, Peter Larry and Jason and of course the great Eddie O Reilly.

Any plans regarding the minibus and the display of colours- Will it be chest out and down the road with colours in full display or should you wait till Kells and Carnaross are safely negotiated - Perhpas Loyal has inside info on potential hositlity from the royals.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 pm

We Are Cavan Believe.. Cavan GG News Icon_cheers Cavan GG News Icon_cheers
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 am

Ta' hell with Paddy Reilly...let's have a different anthem....what say ye'?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:54 am

Dougal wrote:we might be able to get former manager Donal keoghan to give us a few drinks and a bit to eat in the imperial before hand.

Shades of the the bould Tom.......... Cavan GG News Icon_wink Cavan GG News Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Yes I am backing the Breffni boys. Sure the great Micko had to get his wife from there and I expect 4 all stars this year starting with Seanie. Cavan GG News Icon_smile Come on the boys in blue.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Yes I am backing the Breffni boys. Sure the great Micko had to get his wife from there and I expect 4 all stars this year starting with Seanie. Cavan GG News Icon_smile Come on the boys in blue.

If he earns back his place on the team RKF... jocolor

jon if you don't want him -we'll have him fair swap for nesty Cavan GG News Icon_lol
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 pm

mullins wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Yes I am backing the Breffni boys. Sure the great Micko had to get his wife from there and I expect 4 all stars this year starting with Seanie. Cavan GG News Icon_smile Come on the boys in blue.

If he earns back his place on the team RKF... jocolor

jon if you don't want him -we'll have him fair swap for nesty Cavan GG News Icon_lol

If your offering Bernard Brogan we'll talk. Razz

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:22 pm

done deal jon spit on it Cavan GG News Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 pm

mullins wrote:done deal jon spit on it Cavan GG News Icon_biggrin

Surprised at you Mullins didn't think you would swap! It was a joke that he didn't get an all star last year. Even when Kerry had them beaten he still was a threat and played as hard as he could.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 24 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next