GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

+10
mullins
Grenvile
mossbags
OMAR
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
black&white
KerryKatriona
Boxtyeater
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am

Boxtyeater wrote:In breaking news, the historic village of Fenagh has become a 1 pub stop...The Yankee Gill appears to have severed Tommy Flynn's tenancy.... No And we're worried about Dublin......The country is fooked.... Mad

In a sort of "reverse takeover move"...Omar is knowledgeable here, the fookin' Yankee Gill has re-opened the pub he currently owns in the historical village of Fenagh and has installed his sister and her husband as tenants....A lick of paint here and there and a good decent Fenagh man ( the previous tenant) out the gate... Mad
Polarisation, Politicalisation and memories of Lord Leitrim's antics shroud the air around the noble Abbeys...Let me try this one here (Boxty well shot)..
Good so far.... Very Happy

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Img_8110......So good so far....

On the main topic:: Boxty (well, young Gallogly) has reamed circa 800m. of hedging along the road (whitethorns, blackthorns and the odd sally)and a few bits of internal quicks* to comply with the REPS scheme. Boxty looked at all this debris quizzacly for a while until the penny dropped....Shillelaghs.... Laughing

The Crane tribe have been alerted, Junior has been informed as to the requisite length and pliability of a decent shillelagh, even down to a mini-shillilagh for €10....
I have the Ronseal to finish them off since the killing with the breadboards, ..The Culchie Festival is upon us....Shillelaghs are, or will be, the order of the day...

Full size ones (authentic) at €30. and Kiddies ones at €10.........Money looking at you day in day out..(Out of nothing really)..€5k. for €200.. Laughing

*quicks are what urbanites would call bitééns of hedgerows between fields or semi-cultivated hedges......I'm awake and smelling the Hennessy..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Is Shillelagh not in Wicklow?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Images11

These are the kind of yokes I'm on about....A quick slap across the back of the legs wouldn't go astray on you bucko....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:42 pm

JS and co "borrowed" one of those out of a pub in the Wesht one night.. It was subsequently used to put manners on some Leitrim visitors to our humble abode who decided to be less than respectful of our property during a gathering we so kindly organised. A few Willies and some Fenagh folk as I recall...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Images11

These are the kind of yokes I'm on about....A quick slap across the back of the legs wouldn't go astray on you bucko....

Ah so you're selling walking sticks now Gramps. May I suggest a vibrant (well as vibraant as you can be at your age) advertising campaign. I wouldl suggest a few shots of you plodding around Fenagh in your Lord Mayor attire meeting and greeting the cognoscenti. You could set up the Cranes in US style clothing (green cheque pants filled with overlarge ar ses and baseball caps) buying a lock of them from you.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Smiley26

The Cranes have delivered the raw materials for the shillelagh programme to me this morning. The finishing touches will commence later on in the month.
Cranes are currently flat out on pumpkin matters with Hollentide fast approaching....every occasion imaginable now has marketing potential and just because we're perceived as "thicks in the sticks" it doesn't mean we're lounging around here drinking skinny lattes all day ....No Sir....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 am

Boxtyeater wrote:[just because we're perceived as "thicks in the sticks" it doesn't mean we're lounging around here drinking skinny lattes all day ....No Sir....

Yes indeed sir. But if the Revenue could get a few bob from west of the Shannon and we could cut down on the 'grants to small farmers/widowers/smallholders/lazyfeckers/smart hoor entreprenuers etc' then we could all get on with it .....

As Wilson Pickett said 'Paying tax shouldn't be just a Dublin thang!'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 pm

All that will be resolved on the October 31st. deadline....Revenue on-line is your only man for this job.....What fookin' tax inspector would be brave enough to venture to these parts ?? One was "reported" circa 2005 and couldn't find his quarry....Some say he'd be found in a quarry himself, a'la Frank Kelly..... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I was out for a bit of a constitutional this morning early in an effort to placate this hoor of a Doctor and took the opportunity to review the forthcoming Christmas expenditure...Given that apart from the homestead, 4 Boxty offspring will be requiring Christmas trees, I reviewed the progress of a foreign nationals forestry development, which is adjacent to our meagre holding and maturing nicely.....
He's back in der Fatherland this while past and given their anxiety to help us out in our hour of need, wouldn't begrudge us a lock of oul' trees.....(I'd imagine) Wink
Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 4 Images24

I don't want to rape the place altogether but could be persuaded to let fellow forumites purchase one of these fine specimens for around the €30 mark...
The Crane will have a van in the city ( Well at a filling station in Lucan) on 15/12/2010 on a nicotine related matter and could bring any ordered trees up that day for an extra €10....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Brokerage reports this morning have suggested change from Add to Reduce/Strong Sell in terms of investment in sectors that have heavy exposure to products or services with the word "christmas" in the title.

Am advised that IMF contigent allocated to "oversee" all matters of CFNAI nature (country formerly known as Ireland) have suggested that term "Honiker" is to become much more prevelant on these shores

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:51 pm

OMAR wrote:Brokerage reports this morning have suggested change from Add to Reduce/Strong Sell in terms of investment in sectors that have heavy exposure to products or services with the word "christmas" in the title.

Am advised that IMF contigent allocated to "oversee" all matters of CFNAI nature (country formerly known as Ireland) have suggested that term "Honiker" is to become much more prevelant on these shores

Point taken on brokerage advice, but be advised that I (me personally) isn't/wasn't involved in any form of investment with this project....The trees are standing there, unattended, winking at me in that "come and get me kinda way"...
I'll leave one for you in Cassidy's in Derrylin when I'm down for the heating oil (20% cheaper)....You can leave the €50 with Tommy....Sound.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:41 am

Lesson 1
"Irish people are fair - but if you don't level with them. they will level you." (Carl Jung, Leitrim)

Lesson 2
"It is not wise to have an economy with the truth when you are dealing with the truth of the economy." (Carl Jung, Dublin airport)

Lesson 3
"Poverty is in the eye of the beholder. You will never be poor when your health and your spirit are rich." (Carl Jung, Boston)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:03 am

"Oh - and as a medicine humility can be hard to swallow ... but very effective ..."

Carl Jung (Cayman Islands)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 am

This Carl Jung lad spouted some guff in his time....Has he any advice on the control of mink issue?
We had 3 hens killed last night and it surely wasn't crocodiles....Mink are the lowest of the low.....killing for the blood.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:27 am

Boxtyeater wrote:This Carl Jung lad spouted some guff in his time....Has he any advice on the control of mink issue?
We had 3 hens killed last night and it surely wasn't crocodiles....Mink are the lowest of the low.....killing for the blood.

A few traps and a subsequent introduction to the 'Under and Over'...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Reckon you just had a visit from ............... Mink the Merciless ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:This Carl Jung lad spouted some guff in his time....Has he any advice on the control of mink issue?

A few traps and a subsequent introduction to the 'Under and Over'...

Mink the merciless fell foul of Boxty's tried and trusted otter trap in the small hours.....They're hardy little buggers with "quare teeth".....The spade was the executioners choice of tool around nightfall.....Bloody vermin... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:[

They're hardy little buggers with "quare teeth".....The spade was the executioners choice of tool around nightfall.....Bloody vermin... Wink

______________---
Has the canvassing started already ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 pm

OMAR wrote:______________---
Has the canvassing started already ?

No, but what is underway is the quest for the nomination....plenty of third party phone calls today sounding out the ground....Long service, topping lad....but.....
The Dauber is in his element, it's times like these (locally) that give us oul' lads the greatest enjoyment (smoky, whiskey fuelled, clandestine gatherings in houses) and the defection of Dauber and myself would be seen as a sign from God.... santa
Whatever people say about the front-runner for the nomination, historically, as 2,000 injuns come over the hill, the cry is "saddle up"....He's in the smoke until Thursday night, but we're listening to everything on the ground....The whole thing will shorten the winter Dauber says...Perhaps he's right...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 pm

So the mink is dead! That's the war office's Xmas pressie sorted - a very, nice expensive scarf - with just the small mark of a shovel on it .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:23 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:So the mink is dead! That's the war office's Xmas pressie sorted - a very, nice expensive scarf - with just the small mark of a shovel on it .....

I might turn it into a hat a'la Davy Crockett.

In other news I got €100 today from the Crane. Last week the oul' tractor was missing for a lock of days but this is not unusual, as any of the locals could have borrowed same in an hour of need. I missed it for a few days but it was there safe and sound again.
It transpires that the Crane "borrowed" it for some turf related duties and while on this mission found himself in great demand pulling all types of transport out of gripes and ditches....The crafty hoor stayed about on the main road preying on all sorts and then appearing as the Good Samaratin......

This fooker sleeps with an eye open .....He's a fast learner I'll give him that.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 am

The big freeze throws up plenty of opportunities. I myself pounced on an opportunity to help a new neighbour in need. A Jackeen unused to the assistance provided by countryside neighbours in times of need. I'll reject an offer of cash when it comes after the work is done, thinking in the long term I could work myself into a position for an inheritance with the right effort.. pirat

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 am

I'd be more of a "bird in the hand worth two in a bush" believer myself...
This is a risky strategy Jon that you're embarking on....All these favours might appear to your new neighbour as being par for the course and while I'm all for long term strategies, my advice to you, at this junctiure, is to seize any proffered shekels now and plot your long term approach commencing in 2011.

A sort of New Year Resolution if you like....
Del Boy " Smithy, this time next year we'll be millionaires" ...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Beware there lads - a very rare breed indeed is a Jackeen thats green around the gills .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:10 am

I've had a tough day....I'd be a ruthless oul' hoor, but today, I had to banish a brood of turkeys to their economic end....
These are tough economic times, but fook me, these turkeys, all 20 of them, saw the signs coming....

Some times your heart would break Sad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next