GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Patrick's Day

+11
Royal_Girl2k9
mossbags
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
black&white
clash-of-da-ash
bocerty
Grenvile
SamiPremier08
Real Kerry Fan
Jayo Cluxton
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

St. Patrick's Day Empty St. Patrick's Day

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Three weeks tomorrow will see the annual alcoholiday that is St Paddys. Spare a thought for those from Portlaoise who have no parade to look forward to - nor Croker now either. I know there are a plethora of parades around the country - the roundup on the 6.1 News is always a must see - just to count exactly how many cameras RTE have. I imagine there are lots though that they don't cover.

No doubt the Fenagh parade will feature a float constructed of reeds and have the trickler aloft with that of Poland or Lithuania. In Mayo we will have a wonderful float entitled Dr Dolittle in the midst of the parade featuring two young girls talking to the birds Francis of Assisi-like and tending to any avian injuries with all manner of bird-aid band-aid. Down in Tipp we will have a young lad on a mountain bike wheeling up and down the snow in Thurles asking when the Tipperary-Kilkenny fourth refix is to be played. Up north the overseas contingent will be home and Bocerty, TC, BE, rhm and the lads will dance in the streets with Reg, Peter, a rejuvenated Iris and Jeffrey complete with half-union, half trickler flags and drinking Guinness from Sam. Over in Rossnowlagh RM will bang the loudest Lambeg and speak of moderation while Rua will speak of indulgence.

In Dublin, mullins and hipster will stand in OCS and watch the carnival amid the drunks dreaming of six months hence when Sam may appear in a similar fashion. In Cavan, JS, dougal, gunit and cavan4ever will front the Tipster float .... resplendent with its Believe logo. Loyal willl be the grand marshal in Navan due to the shortage of football heroes and Jim will lead proceedings in Wexford - an honour always bestowed on the town's eldest statesman. In Tralee RKF and KK will host a video link with Triona who will be on a training spin in Jamaica with Kerry's latest recruit .... Usain Bolt. In Belfast - the real capital - NSG and Patrique will give a hurling exhibition in the grounds of Stormont before being arrested. Mossbags will be breakdancing on Shop Street in front of a large crowd before they realise he is simply pi55ed and trying to get home. Seb will be endeavouring to keep the short skirted high school band from Montana warm in the cold Mullingar breeze.

Paddy Day - nothing like it ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

St. Patrick's Day Empty Re: St. Patrick's Day

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Good post Jayo but no I will not be in Tralee but hopefully if the snow has melted make my way to Croke Park to cheer on my Clare neighbours. Heard the lads up north will be giving a hand to Iris on the surprise announcement of her pregnancy. That UVF treatment is mighty. St. Patrick's Day Affraid
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 am

mountain biking in the snow is very dangerous
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am

Ah Rossknowlagh - Happy memories of Sunday afternoons in early July a brisk stroll and a dander on the sandy shoreline with my crispest and whitest shirt, Blackest Brogues and Bluest necktie and brightest sash, The only indulgence was maybe an ice cream too many and the only pharmaceuticals were for corns and blisters.

What about yourself JC

1) Hit OCS with a flagon and naggin and a bit of loitering around Dr Quirkes followed by an Abrakabra on westmoreland street
2) Join the exodus to courtown, Tramore, Bray with a Dublin Jersey and Man Utd. trackie bottoms for a feast of pint bottles, whilst grabbing a batter burger and the last train home.
3) Stay in exile out in the home counties - spin into Navan to cheer on L2TR and adjourn to Ryans of Ratoath or a similar watering hole for the indulgence of some mid'lenten carnivoreism ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 am

Rua - usually mass, shamrock blessed, head up the Slua Mhuire troop at the local parade - home for a bit of colcannon, a quick look at the club finals and bed by 6....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I'll be lugs deep in a mountain of books.. Mad

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Jonsmith wrote:I'll be lugs deep in a mountain of books.. Mad

what sort of books JS ??????????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Very good Jayo!! An excellent post-it made me laugh!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I'll be lugs deep in a mountain of books.. Mad

what sort of books JS ??????????????

Law..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Arrgh!! that reminds me, I have to write 3000 words on how legally binding sareholder agreements are for the 18th St. Patrick's Day Affraid .

No Paddy's day for me either!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Ah now, whats your excuse for the next 3 weeks?! Shocked

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Sebastian wrote:Arrgh!! that reminds me, I have to write 3000 words on how legally binding sareholder agreements are for the 18th St. Patrick's Day Affraid .

Don't worry, I'm sure you can salvage some of ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Arrgh!! that reminds me, I have to write 3000 words on how legally binding sareholder agreements are for the 18th St. Patrick's Day Affraid .

Don't worry, I'm sure you can salvage some of ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!!!

Annoys me too. Essie.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Could be worse Seb - I had to write 3,000 words on shareholder agreements once ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Law..

St. Patrick's Day Icon_evil Best of luck with that JS. We need more lawyers in this country - salt of the earth them lads..........

Strikes me we have a lot of 'professionals' on here, which can only be a good thing. Hmmm - there's an idea .... I wonder would we get away with charging €3 grand for a couple of days logging in .......... St. Patrick's Day Icon_silent
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
Law..

St. Patrick's Day Icon_evil Best of luck with that JS. We need more lawyers in this country - salt of the earth them lads..........

Strikes me we have a lot of 'professionals' on here, which can only be a good thing. Hmmm - there's an idea .... I wonder would we get away with charging €3 grand for a couple of days logging in .......... St. Patrick's Day Icon_silent

Something against a lad with an interest in Human Rights Jayo? Or could you have jumped the gun and generalised a bit there..... Suspect

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Something against a lad with an interest in Human Rights Jayo? Or could you have jumped the gun and generalised a bit there..... St. Patrick's Day Suspect

I'm all for human rights ........ but only for humans .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
Law..

Something against a lad with an interest in Human Rights Jayo? Or could you have jumped the gun and generalised a bit there..... St. Patrick's Day Suspect

We'll see how long the interest in human rights lasts when it's job-hunting time St. Patrick's Day Icon_twisted

College is great place for gradually wearing away any ideals and morals that may cost you money!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 am

black&white wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
Law..

We'll see how long the interest in human rights lasts when it's job-hunting time St. Patrick's Day Icon_twisted

College is great place for gradually wearing away any ideals and morals that may cost you money!

Maybe he could be the next Mary Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:31 am

I'll not even attempt to keep that lie up.. No real interest in human rights. (I just find that's the best way to hush people who start bangin out the stereotypes..)
Now being a prosecutor on the other hand does appeal to me..

Black&White what college did you go to?! I found college a great place for building ideals that the real world will slowly crush?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 am

Jonsmith wrote:I'll not even attempt to keep that lie up.. No real interest in human rights. (I just find that's the best way to hush people who start bangin out the stereotypes..)

You will not silence me JS!! All lawyers - all professionals - are ********!!!! St. Patrick's Day Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I'll not even attempt to keep that lie up.. No real interest in human rights. (I just find that's the best way to hush people who start bangin out the stereotypes..)

You will not silence me JS!! All lawyers - all professionals - are ********!!!! St. Patrick's Day Icon_lol

You're a journalist.. A journalist is a professional... Ergo.. Twisted Evil

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

Jonsmith wrote:
You're a journalist.. A journalist is a professional... Ergo.. St. Patrick's Day Icon_twisted

Complete slander! Not only am I not a journalist but I think that the very (self perpetuated) notion that someone who spends a couple of years in Rathmines is a professional is nauseating. George Burns an old American comedian used to say that it was a pity that hairdressers and taxi drivers are cutting hair and driving cabs when they clearly know how to fix all the problems in the world. I would add in the 4th Estate - with one exception in Dublin South.

And as Patrique might say, my level of writing far exceeds that which appears in our papers.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:
You're a journalist.. A journalist is a professional... Ergo.. St. Patrick's Day Icon_twisted

Complete slander! Not only am I not a journalist but I think that the very (self perpetuated) notion that someone who spends a couple of years in Rathmines is a professional is nauseating. George Burns an old American comedian used to say that it was a pity that hairdressers and taxi drivers are cutting hair and driving cabs when they clearly know how to fix all the problems in the world. I would add in the 4th Estate - with one exception in Dublin South.

And as Patrique might say, my level of writing far exceeds that which appears in our papers.

What is a professional ?

I did'nt go to University
I don't have any clients
I'm not charged out by the hour/day
The job I do has zero relevance to my "training"

Can I be excluded ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

Ruanua wrote:
What is a professional ?

I did'nt go to University