GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

+10
mullins
Grenvile
mossbags
OMAR
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
black&white
KerryKatriona
Boxtyeater
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:40 pm

It's worth pointing out, on this specific thread, that as Boxty supped a lock of stress controlling pints in the village this evening, I was approached in the smoking zone by an oft-time assistant, Dan "The Dauber" Reynolds, a sort of "Advertising Guru" and general "lurker" on this forum.
The Dauber said to "Forget about that GT power struggle there Boxty lad, we have bigger fish on the pan. Never grab for the honey before smoking the hive"...
Either Dauber is a prophet or could Jayo's local connections have gotten to Dan... Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I wouldn't know the Dauber well at all but an acquaintance of mine spoke to him earlier. They were only talking about angling though .... discussing sleeping with the fishes I believe ... Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_twisted
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 pm

One of "Dauber's" many prophetic analogies is that "I sleep with one eye open"...

To be fair to "Dauber", during a term of incarceration at Maghaberry, in trust to HMQ, he "evacuated" a helicopter at about 30 feet over the forestry and got away.......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 pm

]Subject: Fw: Fresh lemonade - love the containers! UNBELIEVABLE

--- On Fri, 4/6/10, Mitchell Smyth <[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]> wrote:

[size=21]And they say there are no new business ideas?[/size]

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3df0cac0a7-244f-412a-ae14-dea9138cf596.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDEuanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a1.81990589%2540web23602.mail.ird.yahoo.com&oneredir=1&ip=10.4.7
Lady Selling Lemonade on the Beach
(reportedly clearing $250.00 per day)...

The Psychology of business is to "know what your customers want!"

This guy probably does not know what he is drinking, nor does he care...
because he is after something more than sugared down lemon juice.

Reportedly for $10-USD a try, you will see when you finish sucking.

So who says making money is tough? The jobs are out there!!!

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey RMD....Feel free to delete if you feel it's inappropriate....No probs..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Try it again when your sober Boxty
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

mossbags wrote:Try it again when your sober Boxty

A most temperate day Bags....If it's deemed offensive, I've told RMD to knock it...

You're getting nervous in advance of meeting Sligo... Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 pm

No, its the though of meeting your lot in the Final that has me shot
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_cry Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_cry
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Hey RMD....Feel free to delete if you feel it's inappropriate....No probs..

All I can see if some text and most of it doesn't make sense? Maybe have a go at reposting.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:And I paid Black&White exorbitant rates for "advice" earlier on in this thread.. Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Suspect

This poster OMAR is truly a welcome addition to this forum...

The cheque bounced............ Evil or Very Mad
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

black&white wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:And I paid Black&White exorbitant rates for "advice" earlier on in this thread.. Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Suspect

This poster OMAR is truly a welcome addition to this forum...

Omar strikes me as being an alright sort Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_wink alright
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I met an old acquaintance today on the outskirts of Longford town. He informed me that he is now gainfully employed as a storeman in a large DIY store in the western suburbs of said town. All good so far.
Noting Boxty's "Summer rustic" appearance he enquired would I be interested in an "ex-display" worktop. It might be useful when you're at the Crosses next Spring he said.
Boxty: What's it made of Gunner?
Gunner: Solid fookin' beech Boxty, 40ml thick, about 9' long I'd say.
Boxty: You're shxxting me here Gunner.
Gunner: Honest to God Boxty, being thrown out and replaced with new stuff.
Boxty: For free Gunner?
Gunner: Same as that Boxty, shure I've no need of it, being still at home with Mammy (must be 90 if she's a day)

The fookin' thing was surely 9' all right but Gunner cut it in 2, one 64" and the other 44" (division is not his strong suit).
Boxty jogged merrily westward and approaching Rooskey the penny dropped...beech chopping boards. I ventured into Dromod where "blokes I know" have a cabinet making business and had the two pieces split dowm the middle..12" each.

Lugging out the trusty mitre saw at home, I engineered 20 chopping boards 12"X10" each. I've summoned the Crane to procure a router to enhance the finish on them and have checked the going rate for such boards..(€30 or thereabouts).

A bonanza of around €600 awaits even if it takes a week or so. Crane is talking about e-bay but I have other plans..

There's loads of moolah just walking around out there folks...

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 pm

You're a gas man Boxty! Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_razz Cushty!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Anyone know where I could get a couple of 12x8 book ends ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Empty Brian O'Driscoll - Amy Huberman nuptials....Drum roll...

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 am

A very excited Crane burst in upon Boxty this evening as he was having a bit of a light tea for himself, he being forced to "fly solo" for a while. I had pan fried, in a light coating of oil, a fresh eel, lightly coated in flour and done for the requisite 4 minutes...beautiful, if a little oily, but a luxuriant foundation for porter.
I have filleted a brace of perch around the 1lb. mark each, with a view to an early breakfast in the morning, prior to an assault upon the bales, weather permitting......but I digress...
The Crane informs me that the BOD/AH wedding fest is to be held in Lough Rynn Castle, outside Mohill, within the coming months and is curious as to the exploitation aspects thereof....He's a fairly quick learner.. Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_wink

Boxty views this revelation as a golden opportunity to market (coughs) Leitrim!!!!! Scenes from Ryan's daughter, The Field, The Quiet Man and others are rambling through my head....Eileen Magnier from RTE owes me a turn from the McGahern funeral and being the patriot that I am, I'd prefer to support the National broadcaster before Hello magazine.

The town of Mohill is, currently, unprepared for an influx of rogbee enthusiasts, but I'm in the process of preparing a sort of "work up to speed" pamphlet, with accompanying DVD*, which will ensure the very highest level of cordiality and knowledge is displayed to all attendees...I'm a very busy man, so gotta' go...Roight Goys!!!! ..Dialect is important.. Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_wink

*The DVD and back-up phraseology will be available only in Jim O'Brien's and John James'...sound men both..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Just a quick up-date on this most wonderful occasion and my sincerest good wishes to the happy couple..... Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Herz

I haven't been able to post much lately with all the pressure, but this evening, I'm in a more relaxed zone than heretofore. In the aftermath of my last post on this thread I've been in constant liaison with Mr.Gaffney (Manager) at the hotel....Impressing upon him the many VITAL aspects of such an event and the important spin-offs....He's a green but game gorsoon and eager to maximise every aspect of the occasion.
For a sort of "finders fee" I've corralled the services of my ol' buddy Tommy "The Taxi" Beirne for the weekend. Taxi has placed his entire fleet (coughs) at the disposal of the guests until Sunday evening...Boxty envisages no further than Rooskey for anyone, so the agreed fee should net a handsome turn..
Dan the Dauber has littered every road within 30 miles with signage "Good enough for BOD...good enough for you" --"Fit for Lions" ..."Lough Rynn, where dreams come true"...that type of stuff....Kudos to Senator John Ellis for use of election posters which Dauber has temporarily overprinted. ..The local Fenagh mummers (Wrenboys) will provide the "strawboys" act around midnight and a hefty rake-out is anticipated. In the spirit of the occasion, this shake-down will go to the Fenagh club and in this context, I'm confident, that having explained the "score" to Victor Costello, a property owner in the Keshcarrigan area, it could reach 4 figures....

And so to Saturday morning at the Castle....Leitrim's foremost Boxty makers, McNiff's of Aughnasheelin, are providing the optional Hotel breakfast...pan boxty, cake boxty or boiled boxty from around 10am onwards......
On the minus side Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_sad Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_sad I had to expend €100 on them two hoors, Skull McCrann and Handshaker Heeran to stay in the town until Sunday at least...John James and Jim O'B are not best pleased...

The turf run was a bonus, but out of a €10k. budget from the hotel and with visceral slashing, the trick should turn €7k...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:03 am

ballinamore.ie/wp-content...0-brochure.pdf
Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 User_offline Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Report

The War Ofice has the "Blackcurrant Jam" number sewn up..... Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 3 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 am

Boxty Omar and other venture capitalists.

I think some nice black and amber 5 in a row tshirts on Drumcondra Road before and after match on Sunday fortnight will net a right killing. Who's in? Who can sort a 'trading' permit?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Boxty Omar and other venture capitalists.

I think some nice black and amber 5 in a row tshirts on Drumcondra Road before and after match on Sunday fortnight will net a right killing. Who's in? Who can sort a 'trading' permit?

Could I suggest that we utilise those buskers that frequent the area outside the hogan stand
(not sure of the name of the road or the artististes in question - but they are a poor mans version of the Dublin city ramblers) - in any case It would be my proposal that we can obtain a artists tax exemption for these musicians and sell the jerseys/t shirts through this franchise - we need to give the lads a 50 spot and a dozen pints of porter but after such we avail of artists tax exemption a - la bono and crew

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:43 am

There's about 50 guys on a step down in Summerhill - not GAA players - but play some fine tunes. I reckon we could get them for a song.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 am

Mind you OMAR - its very difficult to attain an artists exemption. I wrote to the Revenue a few years back outlining my credentials and I got back a curt reply.

'Dear Mr Cluxton

I refer to your recent application for an artist's tax exemption.

After carefully considering the case put forward by you I regret to inform you that piss artists are not considered eligible under this particular scheme.

Yours etc.' ....................
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Mind you OMAR - its very difficult to attain an artists exemption. I wrote to the Revenue a few years back outlining my credentials and I got back a curt reply.

'Dear Mr Cluxton

I refer to your recent application for an artist's tax exemption.

After carefully considering the case put forward by you I regret to inform you that piss artists are not considered eligible under this particular scheme.

Yours etc.' ....................

Dear Mr Cluxton

You will note that under Mr McCreevys decentralisation programme the Dept of cultural affairs has been relocated to Skibereen.
In our educated opinion "come on you boys in blue" does not represent an artistic submission that warrants suffiecient cultrural diversity to warrant relief under the S.29 of the tax act 1982.
We wish you the best with its cultural merit in any case.

Yours

Tadhg Mcarthy
Debuty Principal Officers

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:38 am

In breaking news, the historic village of Fenagh has become a 1 pub stop...The Yankee Gill appears to have severed Tommy Flynn's tenancy.... No
And we're worried about Dublin......The country is fooked.... Mad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 am

Boxtyeater wrote:In breaking news, the historic village of Fenagh has become a 1 pub stop...The Yankee Gill appears to have severed Tommy Flynn's tenancy.... No
And we're worried about Dublin......The country is fooked.... Mad

A good move with schools opening this week. Hopefully a lot more 1st years will now arrive at school in the morning sans hangovers ...

A cappuccino bar may be in order B - look into it ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next