GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins"....

4 posters

Go down

Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins".... Empty Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins"....

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Incredibly and following on the 2010 thread, my ol' buddy Gunner Scollan has come up trumps once again. In his continuing role as warehouseman in a large store in Longford, he phoned this morning at 8.08am. to inform me that his employer was "skipping" a solid rake of Ronseal product because of what Gunner "knowingly" refers to as a range review.....I finally roused a semi-drunken Dauber at around the 9 mark and had to pilot the Land Cruiser myself to Longford such was the state of his rattledness.
The pheckin' jeep could only take 50 X 9 litre buckets of Ronseal Fence and Shed paint (Dark and Medium Oak colours) and 40 X 2.5 litre cans of Ronseal Woodstain in Mahogany and Teak colours but Gunner tells us that "tracking stats" Question reveal that these are the most popular colours......

We felt in honour bound to sweeten Gunner with €100 and take our chances. He informs us that the fence paint should be €15 per bucket and the woodstain would be value at the €20 each.....

As we mused over our good fortune in the cosy enviorns of the Abbey Bar around duskus (figure that one out) Dan thought that it represented a fine opportunity to bring the Crane out of his reverie and freshen up a scatter of fences and garden furniture around the parish as the evenings get longer...**

** Dan is anxious to rebuild the Crane's self-confidence following his recent woes......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins".... Empty Mothering Sunday.......

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 am

Dear Jesus....between herself making a rare visit to a fooking "garden center" place yesterday, where Boxty expended in excess of €140 on what looked to me like scallion plants and other skimps of things, the final blow came with the purchase at "a mere €49.99" Magnolia tree.....Boxty has, on site, a gazillion trees....

Home by 4pm. the cavalcade arrived in military precision, all with apparently starving metabolisms...

Fed and watered they lightened up a bit, all brought generous stocks of long drinks, but the inherent Boxty penchant for "top shelf" calls swiftly surfaced..

Mercifully a long lifed Jameson survived the onslaught, the grandchildren are getting bigger and boulder, adventerous and agri-focussed and Nanny loves them all..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins".... Empty Re: Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins"....

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 am

I love garden shops
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins".... Empty Re: Green Shoots 2011....."He who's there wins"....

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 am

FFS..robbery jobs.....Boxty has trees, bushes, rhubarbs growing wild around the place...

€50 for a fookin' "magnolia tree"....the "having a laugh" thread..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:14 am

Boxtyeater wrote:FFS..robbery jobs.....Boxty has trees, bushes, rhubarbs growing wild around the place...

€50 for a fookin' "magnolia tree"....the "having a laugh" thread..

Could ya not find one and borrow it ... like the Xmas trees ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:18 am

Is there any scope to supply our lower house with some organic "product" using Ming as an honest Broker
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down