GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row

4 posters

Go down

Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row Empty Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row

Post  Swinford2009 Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Around this time last year I remember reading an article about Mayo and Galway and how difficult it is for either team to win 3 games in a row against the other. if you look at the results over the past 10 years (FBD, NFL, SFC) you will see that 2 in a row happens often enough but rarely 3.

With Mayo's 0-12 to 0-09 win over Galway in the FBD final today Mayo have now won the last 4 matches between the teams. NFL 09, SFC 09, NFL 10, FBD 10. now im sure alot of you will say that only one of those games really mattered (Connaught Final 09) but to win 4 games in a row against your fiercest rivals is always a good achievement, regardless of the competitions. especially when it is so rare to win that many games in a row against them. Even Kerry/Cork find it hard to win 4 in a row, as do Tyrone/Armagh and even Dublin/Meath

Are Mayo beginning to get a bit of an edge over this Galway team or are Galway just going to use these 4 (possibly 5 if Mayo win a league final against Galway) matches as a motivator when the teams meet in Castlebar this summer?
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row Empty Re: Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:26 pm

If Mayo don't win the next 5 All-Irelands in a row I will throw my hat in front of a very fast train in disgust Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row Icon_rr
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Kerry won 5 in a row once .......... no hang on ... they didn't ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 am

mossbags wrote:If Mayo don't win the next 5 All-Irelands in a row I will throw my hat in front of a very fast train in disgust Mayo-Galway, 4 wins in a row Icon_rr

typical of a Galway fan to go down that route!

I amgenuinely trying to start a discussion here, if it had been the other way round then the Galway fans would be singing from the fecking rooftops!
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Hilarious thread. Galway v Mayo? When you win 4 All Irelands in a row come back to us.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down