GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin 08/09

+7
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
clash-of-da-ash
Loyal2TheRoyal
3inarow08
Boxtyeater
mullins
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dublin 08/09 Empty Dublin 08/09

Post  mullins Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Just wondering what posters on here think caused the Dublin collapse in both years.Genuine replys please
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin 08/09 Empty Re: Dublin 08/09

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 pm

mullins wrote:Just wondering what posters on here think caused the Dublin collapse in both years.Genuine replys please

1.Too slow on the line to identify the causes of their problems.

2.Too many individualistic types who concentrated on themselves rather than a team effort.
3.Not enough quality in depth.
4.Lack of a proven free taker with a 50m range.

I'm leaving the half back line to Bocerty whose an expert in this part of the pitch... Dublin 08/09 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm

1.Too slow on the line to identify the causes of their problems...This year hard to blame giller game was over so quick

2.Too many individualistic types who concentrated on themselves rather than a team effort.....Might agree here
3.Not enough quality in depth....
4.Lack of a proven free taker with a 50m range.....Frees didn't cause us either match..

I'm leaving the half back line to Bocerty whose an expert in this part of the pitch....No center half back nothing wrong with our wing backs
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 pm

mullins wrote:Just wondering what posters on here think caused the Dublin collapse in both years.Genuine replys please

To be brutally honest, a lack of good players. Granted Dublin have about 5 or so, but they need more. Plus they need better squad players. Gilroy needs to be finding lads that can be potential All-Stars, not losing them (Shane Ryan) or not playing the likes of Whelan.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Dublin 08/09 Empty [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dublin 08/09 Icon_post_target_unread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 10:16 pm

To be brutally honest, a lack of good players. Granted Dublin have about 5 or so, but they need more. Plus they need better squad players. Gilroy needs to be finding lads that can be potential All-Stars, not losing them (Shane Ryan) or not playing the likes of Whelan.

"I don't go to titty bars much anymore. They have never really appealed to me. Like going into an expensive restaurant, reading the menu for 2 hours, drinking a little, then getting up and leaving without having had anything to eat but paying the bill anyway."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GAA Minor
Dublin 08/09 Default2

County: Kerry
Number of posts: 262
GAA Points: 250

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]3inarow that fine to say maybe your right..but in 07 you were lucky to get over the line against us have we gone back so far since. Dublin 08/09 Icon_evil
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

1.Too slow on the line to identify the causes of their problems.

2.Too many individualistic types who concentrated on themselves rather than a team effort.
3.Not enough quality in depth.
4.Lack of a proven free taker with a 50m range.

I'm leaving the half back line to Bocerty whose an expert in this part of the pitch... Dublin 08/09 Icon_wink

No.2. In my opinion, the main reason regarding Dublin's collapse in their games.

As well as that, I think maybe too much is expected of them. They have a huge fan base and they all expect an All-Ireland every year-that's a lot of pressure for a team to shoulder. They look to Sam as the goal and seem to not take seriously the steps needed to get there. I think that could be a reason too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:47 pm

[quote="mullins"]1.Too slow on the line to identify the causes of their problems...This year hard to blame giller game was over so quick And he just stood there like a goat looking at thunder and rubbing his chin.

2.Too many individualistic types who concentrated on themselves rather than a team effort.....Might agree here Good
3.Not enough quality in depth....That's a penalty kick..
4.Lack of a proven free taker with a 50m range.....Frees didn't cause us either match..Agreed, but when you managed to get one nobody took the responsibility of puttin it down and putting it over/wide.Surely the first thing you learn as a child is to kick the ball off the ground.

I'm leaving the half back line to Bocerty whose an expert in this part of the pitch....No center half back nothing wrong with our wing backs Adequate at best, average in possession but poor defenders...destroyed last year..[/quote]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Unfortunately for Dublin, I think so. 2010 will be a tough year for ye in my opinion. If ye win Leinster ye'll be doing well, whereas the last few years has been a cake-walk. Losing in Leinster may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for ye. Also, and I know this isn't Dublin's fault, but ye might be better off travelling around the country. Ye're first game away to Wexford has been fixed for Croker hasn't it? More than likely ye'll win handy there (sorry Jim!) but ye'd be better getting a tough game down in Wexford where ye might scrape through by a point or two.

Oh and welcome Mullins! You can keep JayoCluxton company! You might be able to take him in from the cold and offer him a bed for the night! Dublin 08/09 Icon_razz
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 pm

not having a dig but they just came up against much better teams in Tyrone and Kerry. Granted i dont think either team where that much superior as to what the scoreline suggested. I think when the dubs were five or six down then their heads dropped and they pretty much gave up.

The dubs were favourites for both games, i predicted tyrone and kerry for the two games. Ithought the margins would have been more like 4 or 5 points.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 pm

samin10 wrote:not having a dig but they just came up against much better teams in Tyrone and Kerry. Granted i dont think either team where that much superior as to what the scoreline suggested. I think when the dubs were five or six down then their heads dropped and they pretty much gave up.

The dubs were favourites for both games, i predicted tyrone and kerry for the two games. Ithought the margins would have been more like 14 or 5 points.

Fixed that for you Samin.. Dublin 08/09 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 am

Tyrone and Kerry both set out to put Dublin behind the eighth ball from an early stage, in both quarter finals. And they both did. Surely Dublin must have been expecting Kerry to throw everything at them in the first five minutes this year? But the dubs were shellshocked and bar a few moments of individual brilliance from the Brogans had no answer.

A lot of people say they wilted under the pressure and maybe they did but my theory is that Tyrone and Kerry are simply that much better than the Dubs. Never been further from an All-Ireland in my opinion.

Its also been proven by scientists that the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to choke under pressure. Probably why Kerry have 36 All-Irelands. What this could also mean is that the Dublin football team is by far the brainiest out there. On the other hand, science could be wrong and Dublin just aren't good enough.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Its also been proven by scientists that the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to choke under pressure. Probably why Kerry have 36 All-Irelands. What this could also mean is that the Dublin football team is by far the brainiest out there. On the other hand, science could be wrong and Dublin just aren't good enough.

Ya, science is wrong!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

I notice that this is in the non GAA section.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Unfortunately for Dublin, I think so. 2010 will be a tough year for ye in my opinion. If ye win Leinster ye'll be doing well, whereas the last few years has been a cake-walk. Losing in Leinster may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for ye. Also, and I know this isn't Dublin's fault, but ye might be better off travelling around the country. Ye're first game away to Wexford has been fixed for Croker hasn't it? More than likely ye'll win handy there (sorry Jim!) but ye'd be better getting a tough game down in Wexford where ye might scrape through by a point or two.

Oh and welcome Mullins! You can keep JayoCluxton company! You might be able to take him in from the cold and offer him a bed for the night! Dublin 08/09 Icon_razz

not going to argue going on last year but hey where afraid to come down and instead demanded we travel to Croker.
Logical reason for this too, bigger crowd in Croker so the provinical grant coffers get swelled and the Leinster council can look good yet again giving out grants.
Again I can't give out as a Wexford man is the Leinster chairman and our county chairman was co-opted as well (without the backing of the county board) but f it was a hurling match garuntee they would fight tooth and nail to keep it in Wexford
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Unfortunately for Dublin, I think so. 2010 will be a tough year for ye in my opinion. If ye win Leinster ye'll be doing well, whereas the last few years has been a cake-walk. Losing in Leinster may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for ye. Also, and I know this isn't Dublin's fault, but ye might be better off travelling around the country. Ye're first game away to Wexford has been fixed for Croker hasn't it? More than likely ye'll win handy there (sorry Jim!) but ye'd be better getting a tough game down in Wexford where ye might scrape through by a point or two.

3inarow im not going to write 2010 of just yet..We might be wounded badly from previous battles but it wasn't fatal..Now the pressure is off could help the players a little this year...Heres hoping and we got the easy side of the draw in leinster so cant see us going the scenic route....
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm

mullins wrote:

3inarow im not going to write 2010 of just yet..We might be wounded badly from previous battles but it wasn't fatal..Now the pressure is off could help the players a little this year...Heres hoping and we got the easy side of the draw in leinster so cant see us going the scenic route....

go one ye cowards ye wouldn't even play us at home.
Ye'll say that ye'll beat us by this and that minus a few plus the odd goal but ye are afraid of us. The "mighty" dubs would only play us in Croker or parallel afraid to go as far as carlow even just cause we gave ye a scare that year.

Or is it when ye travel the amount of strippers and flashers seem to skyrocket.
At least 8 alone at halftime.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:15 pm

JimWexford wrote:
mullins wrote:

go one ye cowards ye wouldn't even play us at home.
Ye'll say that ye'll beat us by this and that minus a few plus the odd goal but ye are afraid of us. The "mighty" dubs would only play us in Croker or parallel afraid to go as far as carlow even just cause we gave ye a scare that year.

Or is it when ye travel the amount of strippers and flashers seem to skyrocket.
At least 8 alone at halftime.

jim the Dubs wanted to travel but the leinster council wanted this match in croker even though unless the Dubs have a good league campaign i believe the crowd in wexford pk would have been bigger...Wont comment on strippers because their not fans.. Dublin 08/09 Icon_basketball
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh just to clarify - the game is on in Croke Park - everybody's ground. Dublin's is Parnell Park ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Oh just to clarify - the game is on in Croke Park - everybody's ground. Dublin's is Parnell Park ....
Just to clarify its a 100miles closer to yous than us
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 am

JimWexford wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Oh just to clarify - the game is on in Croke Park - everybody's ground. Dublin's is Parnell Park ....
Just to clarify its a 100miles closer to yous than us

Ah didn't we build ye a fine road - and not a toll in sight on it!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am

wonder what the east link, usual route to croker for wexford crowd, meaghers of fairview and the can't think of the other one 5 lamps (that could be in Naas).
Think of what a nice pint would be like going to a game JC we can't anymore!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am

Jaysus I don't know. You have half the crowd on here moaning that they never get a chance to play in Croker and then the other half complaining when they have to play in Croker. Begrudgery is no longer our national pastime - its moaning! Dublin 08/09 Icon_rolleyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jaysus I don't know. You have half the crowd on here moaning that they never get a chance to play in Croker and then the other half complaining when they have to play in Croker. Begrudgery is no longer our national pastime - its moaning! Dublin 08/09 Icon_rolleyes
You only cop than on now I realised that after we got the sh8t hopped out of us at an u12 match a few moons ago
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:33 pm

JimWexford wrote:You only cop than on now I realised that after we got the sh8t hopped out of us at an u12 match a few moons ago

Ah right now I get it Jim. So that was your U12 team that we beat 3-23 to 0-09 in the 2008 Leinster Final!!! That makes sense now alright! Dublin 08/09 Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:You only cop than on now I realised that after we got the sh8t hopped out of us at an u12 match a few moons ago

Ah right now I get it Jim. So that was your U12 team that we beat 3-23 to 0-09 in the 2008 Leinster Final!!! That makes sense now alright! Dublin 08/09 Icon_lol

Wasn't taking about dublin Wex but my own playing career and when it started at the U12 level smart arse
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next