GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin 08/09

+7
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
clash-of-da-ash
Loyal2TheRoyal
3inarow08
Boxtyeater
mullins
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin 08/09

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:08 pm

I see the Dubs have not finalised their sponsorship deal and will play for a couple of games with no sponsor name on their jerseys. Hmmm I wonder would they do a short term deal with GT - say for €10 per game????
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I see the Dubs have not finalised their sponsorship deal and will play for a couple of games with no sponsor name on their jerseys. Hmmm I wonder would they do a short term deal with GT - say for €10 per game????

Seems a bit expensive to me.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:22 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I see the Dubs have not finalised their sponsorship deal and will play for a couple of games with no sponsor name on their jerseys. Hmmm I wonder would they do a short term deal with GT - say for €10 per game????

Seems a bit expensive to me.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

looks like Keaney is going to be offered the captaincy to persuade him to stick with the football instead of going with the hurlers - wouldnt strike me as being captain material - any thoughts??

Is Paul Casey still involved with footballers - hear very little about him these days?
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Keaney should forget about winning an AI in football and switch to the hurling where he would have a better chance of winning an AI.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:44 pm

bocerty wrote:looks like Keaney is going to be offered the captaincy to persuade him to stick with the football instead of going with the hurlers - wouldnt strike me as being captain material - any thoughts??

Is Paul Casey still involved with footballers - hear very little about him these days?
Bocerty do you honestly believe Dublin would offer keaney an incentive to stay i don't think so...Keaney if he is captain will make a good one i believe if Dublin are to have a good campaign keaney will play a big part..Paul casey is on the league panel so hopefully he still has something to offer..The media gave casey a tough time in 08 uncalled for
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:48 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Keaney should forget about winning an AI in football and switch to the hurling where he would have a better chance of winning an AI.

Clash i think Anto should learn to keep his mouth closed about players hes looking to switch..its a personal decision and shouldn't be dragged through the media..And hopefully we can win both soon enough.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Tyrone and Kerry both set out to put Dublin behind the eighth ball from an early stage, in both quarter finals. And they both did. Surely Dublin must have been expecting Kerry to throw everything at them in the first five minutes this year? But the dubs were shellshocked and bar a few moments of individual brilliance from the Brogans had no answer.

A lot of people say they wilted under the pressure and maybe they did but my theory is that Tyrone and Kerry are simply that much better than the Dubs. Never been further from an All-Ireland in my opinion.

Its also been proven by scientists that the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to choke under pressure. Probably why Kerry have 36 All-Irelands. What this could also mean is that the Dublin football team is by far the brainiest out there. On the other hand, science could be wrong and Dublin just aren't good enough.

Loyal i always had a soft spot for meath going back to a little incident that happend to me on the hill a few years ago...I was throwing my half empty bottle of coke in the bin and some how- i don't know it happend it took off like an airplane and hit this meath supporter in the head- i never got a chance to apolgise as the medics were carrying him out of the stadium. But from that day on i always felt the least i could do for him is make the royals my no2 team Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:05 pm

mullins wrote:

Loyal i always had a soft spot for meath going back to a little incident that happend to me on the hill a few years ago...I was throwing my half empty bottle of coke in the bin and some how- i don't know it happend it took off like an airplane and hit this meath supporter in the head- i never got a chance to apolgise as the medics were carrying him out of the stadium. But from that day on i always felt the least i could do for him is make the royals my no2 team Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 Lol

Dublin 08/09 - Page 2 19213
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 pm

mullins wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Tyrone and Kerry both set out to put Dublin behind the eighth ball from an early stage, in both quarter finals. And they both did. Surely Dublin must have been expecting Kerry to throw everything at them in the first five minutes this year? But the dubs were shellshocked and bar a few moments of individual brilliance from the Brogans had no answer.

A lot of people say they wilted under the pressure and maybe they did but my theory is that Tyrone and Kerry are simply that much better than the Dubs. Never been further from an All-Ireland in my opinion.

Its also been proven by scientists that the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to choke under pressure. Probably why Kerry have 36 All-Irelands. What this could also mean is that the Dublin football team is by far the brainiest out there. On the other hand, science could be wrong and Dublin just aren't good enough.

sure you couldnt miss a big head like that one!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:30 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Keaney should forget about winning an AI in football and switch to the hurling where he would have a better chance of winning an AI.

Keaney should switch to hurling because it's better Razz
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down