GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin

+6
bald eagle
SamiPremier08
Peter Solan the Great
Grenvile
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dublin Empty Dublin

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:42 am

I ain't gonna chew the fat here tonight - just throwing up the subject. But over the next while I (and mullins) am gonna immerse you all in Dublin culture. I am gonna find out why you feel antipathy towards this place and am gonna point out some home truths. This is a bigger project than backing Cavan this season, I know ye all love us but give it your worst shot first ... I WILL convert ye ....Slán!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Dublin Empty Re: Dublin

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:46 am

Dutch now. Lots of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:49 am

No no no - let me hear your fables and I will disabuse you. Forever!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:49 am

I don't know what that means. I'll just go to the fridge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:58 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I ain't gonna chew the fat here tonight - just throwing up the subject. But over the next while I (and mullins) am gonna immerse you all in Dublin culture. I am gonna find out why you feel antipathy towards this place and am gonna point out some home truths. This is a bigger project than backing Cavan this season, I know ye all love us but give it your worst shot first ... I WILL convert ye ....Slán!

Who the fook wants this continuation of Dublin threads..I spent 24 hrs. in it last weekend, had a grand time, wasn't mugged by gurriers but mugged by publicans...
Pints €1 cheaper 100 miles from St. James' Gate......
That's number 1......next..

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 am

Exactly what I want to hear. How many times were you mugged though? Offered drugs? Did they blow phantom whistles when you hailed a taxi? Did they boo when you danced badlt etc? I (we) need to know!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 am

They're just normal people. Same as anywhere else in the country there's just more of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 am

Seriously though Dublin has a huge problem with people begging, it's a lot worse than most big cities in Europe..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:00 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Exactly what I want to hear. How many times were you mugged though? Offered drugs? Did they blow phantom whistles when you hailed a taxi? Did they boo when you danced badlt etc? I (we) need to know!

Wind your neck in you dozy cnut.....What's about fookin' Dublin that you feel it worthwhile to spam the board....For a supporter/tipster/braggart that's been handed your arxe more often than that meath man you'de want to cop on...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:52 pm

A NEW Dublin city council project called the 'Culchie initiative' will come into effect this week to encourage all culchie farmer types to visit the nations capital for their Christmas shopping.
Dublin 40

There will be an extra three thousand free on-street tractor spaces available over the festive period.All city centre shops will be fitted with high endurance door mats to combat the endless drudgery of wellington boots and mucky push pram wheels.

Dublin city council has asked all travelling culchies to wear the new government sponsored culchie badge logo which is available at all participating Londis stores across the country. The badge is to be worn on the sleeve. The badge is there for the culchie persons safety. The central statistics office reported that on average over 25,000 culchies go missing every year in the nations capital.
Culchie initiative

Dublin 39

Dublin county council communications manager Brian Deefore stated "Ya, the badges are there like to totally help the culchie like. When we see someone with the badge we can then make allowances for communicating, odour problems and other such factors which hinder relations between culchie farmer types and us more metropolitanised Dub's."

The 'Dublin City Free On-Street Tractor Christmas Parking Scheme' will operate from the November 18th to December 28th.

"We encourage big culchie farmer types to totally come into the city and to see for themselves what the big smoke has to offer like. There is everything from wooly jumpers to alloyed tractor wheels. Just get your badge and come along" stated Deefore.

Further information is available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dublin 39
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:54 pm

It'd be like a longer version of the 8th of December.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Exactly what I want to hear. How many times were you mugged though? Offered drugs? Did they blow phantom whistles when you hailed a taxi? Did they boo when you danced badlt etc? I (we) need to know!

Wind your neck in you dozy cnut.....What's about fookin' Dublin that you feel it worthwhile to spam the board....For a supporter/tipster/braggart that's been handed your arxe more often than that meath man you'de want to cop on...

Hey ould buck - don't post this crap at 4 am. Your home help's OT is going off the scale ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

Hey ould buck - don't post this crap at 4 am. Your home help's OT is going off the scale ...

Sonny, less of your ould bould buck stuff....remember when ye're all dead n' gone, I'm the one that's seen the Greatest of them all........Purcell..........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:05 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Sonny, less of your ould bould buck stuff....remember when ye're all dead n' gone, I'm the one that's seen the Greatest of them all........Purcell..........

Ah a mediocre comedian, nonetheless ... great beard though - similar to your own ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 am

In my quest to educate convert ye - Homework lesson number 1 - Was it just me or did I hear very loud booing of frees from both sets of supporters today?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 am

No they were saying Bruuuuuuuuce like at a Bruce Springsteen concert not booing.

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:33 am

RoyalGirl wrote:No they were saying Bruuuuuuuuce like at a Bruce Springsteen concert not booing.

reminds me - I knew someone who went to Dublin and saw Bono sitting in a cafe with another bloke. He asked if he could have a photo with Bono, and the other bloke kindly offered to take the photo for him, which he did. T'other bloke was The Boss himself Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:No they were saying Bruuuuuuuuce like at a Bruce Springsteen concert not booing.

reminds me - I knew someone who went to Dublin and saw Bono sitting in a cafe with another bloke. He asked if he could have a photo with Bono, and the other bloke kindly offered to take the photo for him, which he did. T'other bloke was The Boss himself Laughing

Old wives tale Sami, i've heard this story quite a few times myself, it's amazing just how many people bump into Bruce Springsteen and Bono when they're out and somehow only recognise one of them!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:41 am

I have a great photo of meself regaling Bono ...... and Geldof ...... truly!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I have a great photo of meself regaling Bono ...... and Geldof ...... truly!

Can't be great if you're in it

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I have a great photo of meself regaling Bono ...... and Geldof ...... truly!

"Rockstars continue relief aid work in native city" type scenario photo no doubt..... affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 am

Jonsmith wrote:Seriously though Dublin has a huge problem with people begging, it's a lot worse than most big cities in Europe..

I don't think there is a native beggar left JS tbh .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:49 am

Boxtyeater wrote:

"Rockstars continue relief aid work in native city" type scenario photo no doubt..... affraid

What type of relief aid
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:54 am

Dublin Made Me
by Donagh MacDonagh

Dublin made me and no little town
With the country closing in on its streets
The cattle walking proudly on its pavements
The jobbers, the gombeenmen and the cheats

Devouring the fair-day between them
A public-house to half a hundred men
And the teacher, the solicitor and the bank-clerk
In the hotel bar drinking for ten.

Dublin made me, not the secret poteen still
The raw and hungry hills of the West
The lean road flung over profitless bog
Where only a snipe could nest

Where the sea takes its tithe of every boat.
Bawneen and currach have no allegiance of mine,
Nor the cute self-deceiving talkers of the South
Who look to the East for a sign.

The soft and dreary midlands with their tame canals
Wallow between sea and sea, remote from adventure
And Northward a far and fortified province
Crouches under the lash of arid censure.

I disclaim all fertile meadows, all tilled land
The evil that grows from it and the good,
But the Dublin of old statutes, this arrogant city
Stirs proudly and secretly in my blood.

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 am