GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Ireland win

+12
black&white
bald eagle
mid-mon man
RMDrive
clash-of-da-ash
Boxtyeater
6inarow
SamiPremier08
bocerty
mossbags
KerryKatriona
Jayo Cluxton
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Will Ireland win - Page 4 Empty Re: Will Ireland win

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 pm

SCOTLAND beat France in Paris last year...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:SCOTLAND beat France in Paris last year...

That was Parc de Princes and it was a European qualifying match
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:SCOTLAND beat France in Paris last year...

That was Parc de Princes and it was a European qualifying match

fine Will Ireland win - Page 4 Icon_study still beat them though
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Cheating ****good for nothing low down shower of ****headed **** **** ****

Last edited by RMDrive on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought the swear filter would do its job)
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 pm

I don't know waht to say. I feel sick. This is one of the most disgraceful things I ever witnessed. Disgustingly unfair.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:59 pm

So that's it then. Henry handles and gets away with it----We're out.
The culprits are:
1. MuckShane...failed to attack the ball and was/is very very limited (on a good day).
2. The match officials...is it that hard to have the video yoke that they have in rogbee football?

Henry's demeanour afterwards smacked of someone who'd gotten off a drink driving rap on a technicality.... Will Ireland win - Page 4 Icon_mad Will Ireland win - Page 4 Icon_mad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 pm

RMDrive wrote:Cheating motherf......................................................................ing assholes

Quality post RMD....hand of frog and all that...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 pm

I've lost all respect for Henry. They cheated the draw and now they have cheated a result. What a disgrace no way did we deserve to go out.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:09 pm

We played well and had some decent enough chances to win it in the first 90 minutes.

As for Thierry Henry, well this model of sportsmanship should hold his head in shame. Not one touch of the ball with his hand but a second to keep it in play. I'd like to see how he'll deny it because surely he will. I'd have refused to shake his hand at the end of the game had I been playing to embarass the coward in front of the watching world.

I wonder will Fifa apply a retrospective punishment? I somehow doubt it, not for the poster boy of sportsmanship. I've more time for Ronaldo now, at least you know what you get with him!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:11 pm

Ah lads, I can't let it lie at that, as bad as it sounds I hope he gets injured and has to miss the World Cup. If that makes me a bad person so be it!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:13 pm

A biteen harsh in one way Clash. What was he supposed to do--run to the ref and say I handled?
At least he didn't go ballistic celebrating, but I take your point and feel your pain brother....

Will not be invited to open the Ballinamore Show next year is the toughest censure I can apply I'm afraid.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 pm

6inarow wrote:Ah lads, I can't let it lie at that, as bad as it sounds I hope he gets injured and has to miss the World Cup. If that makes me a bad person so be it!

I'd like to be the one who injures him. And that tool of a linesman as well. And as for the Referee........... well lets just say I'd only need 5 minutes and a sharpened pencil.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:A biteen harsh in one way Clash. What was he supposed to do--run to the ref and say I handled?
At least he didn't go ballistic celebrating, but I take your point and feel your pain brother....

Will not be invited to open the Ballinamore Show next year is the toughest censure I can apply I'm afraid.

Did you not see the cheese-eating surrender-monkey at the end of the match?
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:24 pm

No B&W, buggered off to make the oul' mug o' tay. Was he acting the smartass then? If so, bad form...

The officials though are the villians here, ahead of McShane and Henry..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:26 pm

bit harsh blaming McShane - he obviously thought the ball was going to run out which it would have done if that Henry cnut hadnt have used his hands. Hope the b*****d gets run over by a va va voom on the way home cheating hoor
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:No B&W, buggered off to make the oul' mug o' tay. Was he acting the smartass then? If so, bad form...

The officials though are the villians here, ahead of McShane and Henry..

Took off on a big sprint with his arms in the air.

In fairness he sat down with the Honeymonster afterwards, but the big celebration fairly pissed me off.

Nice to see that none of the Irish players swapped jerseys, but instead threw them to the Irish fans (even if it seemed be causing a few rows in the stand!)
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:33 pm

bocerty wrote:bit harsh blaming McShane - he obviously thought the ball was going to run out which it would have done if that Henry cnut hadnt have used his hands. Hope the b*****d gets run over by a va va voom on the way home cheating hoor

Part of his problem I guess. Leave the thinking to others should be his motto and hoof it away from danger first...

Up for a spot of gravedigging are we?? Will Ireland win - Page 4 Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:bit harsh blaming McShane - he obviously thought the ball was going to run out which it would have done if that Henry cnut hadnt have used his hands. Hope the b*****d gets run over by a va va voom on the way home cheating hoor

Part of his problem I guess. Leave the thinking to others should be his motto and hoof it away from danger first...

i'm your man boxty - bury the **** alive would be the right way.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 pm

bocerty wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

i'm your man boxty - bury the **** alive would be the right way.

Maybe cut off the hand and shove it up his h**e first
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:39 pm

RMDrive wrote:Cheating moth............................ ............. ........................ ...king assholes

thats exactly what i said to myself after the 1995 All Ireland Final - now you all know how us Tyrone lads felt then - people say time is a great healer well i can tell you it f**king ain't
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  cassiopeia Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 pm

NO MENTION OF THE HAND BY FIFA!!!!

Gallas breaks Irish hearts
(AFP) Wednesday 18 November 2009
Print Email my friend Share
France secured their FIFA World Cup™️ spot in dramatic fashion with a thrilling 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland at the Stade de France.

Giovanni Trapattoni's visitors, beaten 1-0 in Dublin last Saturday in the first leg of their play-off, had taken a shock lead in the 32nd minute through Robbie Keane and the Irish were unlucky not to score more before forcing the match to extra time. In the first additional 15-minute spell, France had an appeal for a penalty correctly turned down after striker Nicolas Anelka tumbled to the turf under pressure in the eighth minute.

Five minutes later, France skipper Thierry Henry won the match for the hosts when his angled pass amid a goalmouth scramble was met by the head of Wiliam Gallas. The goal enabled France to qualify and avoid a repeat of their humiliating failure, at the hands of Bulgaria, to qualify for the 1994 FIFA World Cup finals.

The Republic, especially captain Robbie Keane, had the lion's share of the chances in regulation time, and they will be kicking themselves having last qualified for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, where they reached the Round of 16.

A clearly relieved French coach Raymond Domenech said France had had to scrap to the end. "It was hard, laborious and indeed miraculous," he told French television. "I was sure we would make it though. My forecast was 1-1!"

It was hard, laborious and indeed miraculous. I was sure we would make it though.
France coach Raymond Domenech
French President Nicolas Sarkozy saluted a "gallant Irish" team before praising his countrymen. "It's fabulous - we're really glad to get through. Qualification is important as it's a major event," Sarkozy told TF1.

Domenech was forced to reshuffle after the first leg victory in Dublin last Saturday after injuries to midfielder Jeremy Toulalan and central defender Eric Abidal. After just nine minutes, Abidal's pre-match replacement, Julien Escude, came off injured to be replaced by Sebastian Squillaci.

The unexpected turn of events would set the tone for what was, for them, a frustrating first half from which a more enterprising Republic team emerged with a 1-0 lead. While France looked dangerous in the opening stages, they went on to look exceedingly mediocre up against an astute Irish defence given plenty of protection by the assured Shay Given.

Damian Duff and Liam Lawrence had already shown their ability to carve openings in the French defence and it was Duff's cutback from deep on the left side of the French area that found Keane, who side-footed the ball first time to beat Hugo Lloris in the France goal. In the 39th minute, France striker Nicolas Anelka turned his marker nicely on the edge of the area but his shot was deflected by an Irish body and went for a corner.

A subdued Stade de France welcomed a more hopeful French team for the second half, but Ireland quickly stated their intent as Keane won a free kick on the left flank and Lawrence's kick found John O'Shea unmarked at the back post. However, after controlling the ball the Manchester United defender's shot was struck over the crossbar from four yards out.

France began exploiting Irish weaknesses on the right flank and a Henry free-kick was well turned away by Lawrence and eventually gathered by Given after Gourcuff had driven the ball back in. Just after the hour-mark, the Irish were given another golden opportunity, Duff racing through only for Lloris to block his effort.

Keane, one of the survivors of the 2002 tournament, was left frustrated after he missed a golden chance to put the Republic 2-0 up when he put the ball wide from a tight angle with only Lloris to beat. After struggling all night to overcome a packed Irish defence, France's late stroke of luck finally proved the visitors' downfall.
cassiopeia
cassiopeia
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone's been learning from his boss
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:10 am

black&white wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Someone's been learning from his boss

indeed - Gallas knew fooking rightly what had happened his eyes give it away he was watching and watching the big screen almost waiting on the ref to rule the goal out - hoors bastards
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:28 am

I decided to use my tried and tested method of thrashing our lads in the knowledge they would show me up as they did against Italy twice. And by God it worked - nearly epicly! I did mention McShane in despatches and in truth the ball should have not got near Henry's hand. But as a veteran of 70s and 80s robberies - and there were many, many - I did suggest that sleight of hand or similar may well come to the fore. No way was Platini going to SA to watch us.

Now the next time I hear that man or the Bladder fella even mention 'fair play' I am gonna stick my size 13 through the screen - so help me God. There seriously is a case for a re-match too - its not as if the games are starting next week. Will we start a petition?

ps Remember how we celebrated Diego's goal ....... not nice - not nice ... karma maybe?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I decided to use my tried and tested method of thrashing our lads in the knowledge they would show me up as they did against Italy twice. And by God it worked - nearly epicly! I did mention McShane in despatches and in truth the ball should have not got near Henry's hand. But as a veteran of 70s and 80s robberies - and there were many, many - I did suggest that sleight of hand or similar may well come to the fore. No way was Platini going to SA to watch us.

Now the next time I hear that man or the Bladder fella even mention 'fair play' I am gonna stick my size 13 through the screen - so help me God. There seriously is a case for a re-match too - its not as if the games are starting next week. Will we start a petition?

ps Remember how we celebrated Diego's goal ....... not nice - not nice ... karma maybe?

cute Dublin hoorism Jayo eh...........
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next