GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland

4 posters

Go down

All Ireland Empty All Ireland

Post  Armaghgeddon Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Who do you think will make it to the semis, quarters and the final in this years All Ireland championship?

Armagh - They will want to improve on last year. But through Backdoor. The provincial championship has not done them any favours over the past seasons and hopefully Tyrone will beat them in the opening match. Time to take the long route and play teams that are weaker and build on the practice.

Dublin - Always going to be at this stage. Leinster champions for sure.

Kerry - All they have to do is play Cork.

Monaghan - Will be in Ulster final - possibly winners??

Tyrone - Same as Monaghan.

Galway - Best in Connacht and are capable of beating any of the top teams. Two or more seasons and they will be one of the top teams. I think Armagh and Galway are very evenly matched.

Mayo - Runners up in Connacht, havent seen much from them in previous seasons but can play football depending on who they meet in the qualifiers they should get to the last eight.

Cork - Won't put as much emphasis on provincial championship. They could be tahnkful of the extra game if they get beat by Kerry.

Kildare - Although they didnt win anything last season, reaching the last eight last season and only narrowly losing to Cork was a success for them. McGeeney will get the best out of Kildare, they have the capacity to play but unfortunately they are still playing catch up with the dubs.

Armagh
Dublin
Galway
Kerry

Galway
Kerry
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Empty Re: All Ireland

Post  old98! Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Armaghgeddon wrote:Who do you think will make it to the semis, quarters and the final in this years All Ireland championship?

Armagh - They will want to improve on last year. But through Backdoor. The provincial championship has not done them any favours over the past seasons and hopefully Tyrone will beat them in the opening match. Time to take the long route and play teams that are weaker and build on the practice.

Dublin - Always going to be at this stage. Leinster champions for sure.

Kerry - All they have to do is play Cork.

Monaghan - Will be in Ulster final - possibly winners??

Tyrone - Same as Monaghan.

Galway - Best in Connacht and are capable of beating any of the top teams. Two or more seasons and they will be one of the top teams. I think Armagh and Galway are very evenly matched.

Mayo - Runners up in Connacht, havent seen much from them in previous seasons but can play football depending on who they meet in the qualifiers they should get to the last eight.

Cork - Won't put as much emphasis on provincial championship. They could be tahnkful of the extra game if they get beat by Kerry.

Kildare - Although they didnt win anything last season, reaching the last eight last season and only narrowly losing to Cork was a success for them. McGeeney will get the best out of Kildare, they have the capacity to play but unfortunately they are still playing catch up with the dubs.

Armagh
Dublin
Galway
Kerry

Galway
Kerry

kildare are you for real seriously like 4or5 teams ahead of them in leinster alone
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  Armaghgeddon Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 pm

It was a toss up between Wexford and Kildare. Im not being biased because of McGeeney, but McGeeney is doing something with the team they are going somewhere. Yes Kildare were rubbish last season but if they can get to the last 8 being rubbish then if they play better who knows
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:19 pm

time to take off your Armagh tainted glasses - you are having a laugh with Kildare. If Mc Geeney wasnt the manager you wouldnt even mention them.

I would bet Mc Geeney wont even be Kildare manager before we get to August. Evil or Very Mad
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Armaghgeddon Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I probarbly wouldnt have. But look at how good of a player McGeeney was he lives and breathes GAA everyone knows this. All managers dont accept failure especially McGeeney he wants to win at everything...he said once or something similiar "Nobody is happy being second best, if they are then there is something wrong with them" He is a leader and he will but the same beliefs as he had as a player into the Kildare squad.
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:28 pm

bocerty wrote:time to take off your Armagh tainted glasses - you are having a laugh with Kildare. If Mc Geeney wasnt the manager you wouldnt even mention them.

I would bet Mc Geeney wont even be Kildare manager before we get to August. Evil or Very Mad

Harsh Bocerty!!! But are his glasses tinted or tainted?? Basketball Basketball
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Armaghgeddon wrote:I probarbly wouldnt have. But look at how good of a player McGeeney was he lives and breathes GAA everyone knows this. All managers dont accept failure especially McGeeney he wants to win at everything...he said once or something similiar "Nobody is happy being second best, if they are then there is something wrong with them" He is a leader and he will but the same beliefs as he had as a player into the Kildare squad.

Its one thing saying that but look at Coleman (RIP) with Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Armagh- Armagh are a good team there’s no denying it but they are not as good as people make them out to be. Last year Armagh won Ulster and deserved to but look at the teams they beat along the way? Im not disrespecting Fermanagh or Down but in all honesty Down threw all their chips in against Tyrone and weren't up for the Armagh Game, and Fermanagh took them to a draw, then look what happened Fermanagh in the Backdoor. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Tyrone and be in the Ulster final again this year but I think that’s as far as Armagh will go.

Tyrone- Tyrone have a habit of Choking the year after they won Sam, I'm not sure if they will have continued success this year. Other than the league win over the Dubs their performances have been poor. A lot of negative energy seems to be surrounding Tyrone this year, and this coupled with indiscipline is a recipe for disaster. Think Armagh will beat them in Ulster and Tyrone will have a good run to quarters

Kerry- Still at the top of their game, good win against Derry today seem to be on good power at the minute might peak before championship time if they don’t keep enough fuel in the tank.

Galway- My personal favourites for Sam, however they seem to be on course to win the league and if this happens they could make like their predecessors Derry and Donegal, crashing and burning in the championship. Should be favourites to win Connaught and will almost certainly at least make the ΒΌ finals

Derry- Like the progress they have made and a complete 180 turn on last year’s team. Fresh legs in the form of Kielt and Brown and with no man guaranteed his place it’s every man for himself. Pleased with the display against Kerry today and remember Lynch, Paddy Bradley and Niall Mc Cusker still to come back. Only one Ballinderry man on the team today and a sub at that shows how much Derry has transformed. Think we might have a good run in Ulster and I think that’s what Cassidy is aiming for- anything else is a bonus.

Monaghan- The past few years Monaghan are always there or thereabouts, and have been one of Kerry’s toughest opponents in recent years, they like Derry with Bradley usually depend on Thomas Freeman. They had a good win against Armagh today in the Athletic Grounds. Monaghan’s aim at the minute is probably getting into the top flight. Too early to at the minute what will happen in May but I’d like to think it’ll be 3rd time lucky for Derry! You never know with a bit of fire in our bellies , the home draw and a renewed sense of optimism you’d never know!

Dublin- Sorry Liam and Jayo...I don’t think the Dubs are in it at all this year! From previous years it seems when they get out of Leinster they get a bit shell-shocked! Ripped to shreds by Tyrone last year. Don’t seem to be coping well in the top division. Hard to say they will still be favourites for Leinster this year but will face a sterner test than in previous years.

Meath- Big win against a poor Laois team and floating closer to the wrong end of Division 2. I think Meath will certainly have a better championship run than last year but can’t see them setting the scene alight(sorry Loyal!)

I’m not going to predict the semi-finalist and finalists cuz you don’t know until they draw them!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down