GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Athletics Championships

+6
mossbags
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
Thomas Clarke
mid-mon man
Gunit
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World Athletics Championships - Page 2 Empty Re: World Athletics Championships

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Razz

The favourite for the womens 800m Caster Semenya has to undergo a gender test to prove she is a woman. She's only eighteen but has the body of a man and even has a touch of a moustache on her face.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Jeez, this is serious.

The IAAF think she's a man. Its very offensive in fairness. I hope the girl proves her gender and also wins easy tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Bit of a sensitive issue alright - if they do a test and find she is really a woman were does that leave her, imagine being mistaken for a man No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Derval going now.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:16 pm

bocerty wrote:Bit of a sensitive issue alright - if they do a test and find she is really a woman were does that leave her, imagine being mistaken for a man No No No

It can happen Bo, a lot of people mistook the Dublin Footballers for men this year Shocked
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Mon to fook O Rourke! bounce
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Come on ya good thing!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:19 pm

4th. Great run.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 pm

There is something in the Cork genes that make them deliver on the big stage.

Fourth in the World Championships and a new Irish record.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 pm

mossbags wrote:
bocerty wrote:Bit of a sensitive issue alright - if they do a test and find she is really a woman were does that leave her, imagine being mistaken for a man No No No

It can happen Bo, a lot of people mistook the Dublin Footballers for men this year Shocked

i suppose so Mossbags - the same thing happened Galway against Donegal
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm

bocerty wrote:
mossbags wrote:

i suppose so Mossbags - the same thing happened Galway against Donegal

Pretty lame Millhouse Rolling Eyes
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:59 pm

I think that Caster Semenya is a man...I may be proven wrong but on looks it would seem s/he had a very masculine body, s/he has no waist, no 'female' chest with very broad shoulders, and looking at videos of him/her on youtube from former races it would appear s/he has also quite a deep masculine voice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 pm

I can't decide if she's a man or if he's a girl.

Question Exclamation Arrow

The lad off the IAAF seemed to be under the impression that she had been raised as a girl whilst possibly being a boy.

She could be a hermophrodite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I can't decide if she's a man or if he's a girl.

Question Exclamation Arrow

The lad off the IAAF seemed to be under the impression that she had been raised as a girl whilst possibly being a boy.

She could be a hermophrodite.

You could be right Loyal, however if that is the case s/he would still have male genitalia so would be pretty obvious s/he was male..if you get my drift.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Never thought about it like that. Yes I suppose she would have realised if (s)he was a boy or a girl.

Some run by Derval too. 4th place in a World Championships in an event dominated by mostly North Americans.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Also the British girl Meadows did well. Must be pretty gutting for D O'R as she only missed out on a medal by .3 of a second. Great run by Brigitte Foster-Hylton was delighted to see her win the 100m hurdles, some run for a 34 year old.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Also the British girl Meadows did well. Must be pretty gutting for D O'R as she only missed out on a medal by .3 of a second. Great run by Brigitte Foster-Hylton was delighted to see her win the 100m hurdles, some run for a 34 year old.

Yeah fourth is not a nice place to finish. Still to even make the final was huge for her and to finish in the top half of the athletes in the final was unbelievable. Yeah I like that Meadows one too.

The Mens 1500m was a class race too. Its always my favourite race. If I was an athlete, that would be my event. So tactical and it all happens so fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Is that the one Kamel one was particularly good as his Father won the same race 18 years prior. Did you see the analysis of how Meadows got into a medal position, she was 7th place at 600m fffs!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Is that the one Kamel one was particularly good as his Father won the same race 18 years prior. Did you see the analysis of how Meadows got into a medal position, she was 7th place at 600m fffs!

Yeah his old man won a race at the World Championships eighteen years ago. Deadly race though.

Yeah leaders went too fast, Meadows ran a great race not to follow the crazy pace. She ran the race at an even speed so the ones that went off like headless chickens slowed down at the end. Same thing happened in the big horse race today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I posted 2000 posts and didn't realise!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:I posted 2000 posts and didn't realise!

What was your 2000th post?

A famous day. Make a speech.

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:I know, I could!! Ah well it was meant to be for me it wouldnt have passed me!

Maybe it still is. I believe I can compete in the Tour de France sometime in the next 7/8 years.

Good man, I've promised myself I'll ride the Pipeline in Hawaii before I'm 40 despite the fact I'm landlocked and I've only been on a surfboard once in my life, I enjoyed it mind and I've got 7 years to pick it up yet!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Razz

The favourite for the womens 800m Caster Semenya has to undergo a gender test to prove she is a woman.

God not only is she undergoing horribly personal prodding etc but what a bloody name! Cast her semen - yeah? Gotta be a bird lads -?????????? Wait - is it lads that cast their sem .......... oh never mind!!

Let her/him run in both and if he/she wins a gong leave it with her/him ....... but NO shower!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:13 am

I have been reading up on this. Its not as straightforward as her being a man or a woman. In all probability, she is a bit of both, i.e. a hermaphrodite (having both male and female reproductive organs). An investigation of certain areas of his/her body will not suffice, an individual can have male sex but female gender, and vice versa. Its very complicated.

Apparantly the South Africans cleared her to compete as a woman but the IAAF do not believe she is fully a woman. The poor human being is in a terrible situation and it has been handled poorly by the authorities. These allegations have been floating around for a while and the current situation should have been avoided.

And this isn't a first either. Nobody really knows if Kelly Holmes' missus (Maria Mutola) is the full woman package. And she is arguably the best 800m runner of all time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:43 pm

The IAAF have behaved disgracefully. On what should have been the most wonderful day of a young woman's life, they have humiliated her in front of the World.

Yes, something isn't as it should be, and certainly tests should be done, but why is this happening now, on the world stage, instead of 3-4 weeks ago when she first burst onto the scene? And why are the IAAF even commenting on it at all. What has happened to officials declining to answer questions and keepign a lid on things, instead of them coming out and making statements saying they have ordered her to take a gender test? I can't imagine things would have been handled so badly if Semnya was a white British, American or German athlete.

Whatever the tests do or don't prove, I think it is fairly obvious that Caster Semenya has not tried to cheat anyone. In her mind she is a woman, and to have that challenged in such a cruel and public fashion is the biggest scandal of all.

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next