GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donegal v Kerry

+5
emmetryan
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
Parouisa
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Donegal v Kerry - Page 2 Empty Re: Donegal v Kerry

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Great start for Donegal. Kerry paying an early price for having a small fullback and goalkeeper.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Young Curtin browned the togs at the vital moment. Donegal deserving winners though.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Donegal nearly threw it away - against a Kerry team that had Gooch limping and Sheehan and O'Sullivan off. Deserved their win but Cork will be an altogether different proposition.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Parouisa wrote:Donegal nearly threw it away - against a Kerry team that had Gooch limping and Sheehan and O'Sullivan off. Deserved their win but Cork will be an altogether different proposition.

A bit like last year against Dublin, when the game was there for the winning, and they retreated into a shell. Today they seemed to do all they could to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Donegal looked out on their feet and, given the fitness levels we know them to have, that can only be as a result of tension. They will have to play with less inhibitions and more confidence when the game is in the fire against Cork.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Firstly, allow me congratulate OMAR and RMD on their counties progress. Well deserved lads, ye've had worse days.

On TC's point about being out on their feet, I disagree. At the vital time, when shipping water, Kavanagh grabbed a dirty ball, kept the head and found a resurgent Lacey, who, using his years of experience tore through the gap and slotted it. Hardly the stuff of tired men.

To be fair about it, Kerry took some reverses, Declan Sullivan and Sheehan were big losses, but a lot of Kerry lads showed pride and passion, Donaghy was poorly serviced, but they dug deep and proved that they're no "Johnny come Latelys". It's probably the last we'll see of a particular favourite of mine, Tómas O'Sé, he didn't let himself nor the good people of Corc na Duibhne down, ever.

Cork will prove a much, much more difficult hurdle but it's Tír Chonaill's evening......Enjoy.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
On TC's point about being out on their feet, I disagree. At the vital time, when shipping water, Kavanagh grabbed a dirty ball, kept the head and found a resurgent Lacey, who, using his years of experience tore through the gap and slotted it. Hardly the stuff of tired men.

True, although to be fair Boxty, it was the first ball Donegal had won in 10 minutes.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
True, although to be fair Boxty, it was the first ball Donegal had won in 10 minutes.

Agreed upon that TC. It shows though that most teams get a purple patch, whether the opposition allow their heads to wander or whether deep resolve kicks in. This was a damn good Kerry side, possessed of a fair lock of strong, determined characters.

However, on the down side, they had no depth to the panel and this proved their downfall.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:16 am

Curtin kicking a wild and stupid effort underlines that.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:38 am

Parouisa wrote:Curtin kicking a wild and stupid effort underlines that.

A cheap shot...This Kerry side was adorned by some of the finest ever to be-stride Croke Park and you offer this......

Eaten bread is soon forgotten....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 am

Boxtyeater wrote:

A cheap shot...This Kerry side was adorned by some of the finest ever to be-stride Croke Park and you offer this......

What are you talking about?????

Mind you Curtin also had a cheap shot v Tyrone ....

Terrible to have Leitrim folk commenting on championship football at this stage of the competition. Its like Eric the Eel commenting on the swimming finals.

ps Great to see 4 provincial winners in semis for the 2nd year in a row.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 am

Parouisa wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

What are you talking about?????

Mind you Curtin also had a cheap shot v Tyrone ....

Terrible to have Leitrim folk commenting on championship football at this stage of the competition. Its like Eric the Eel commenting on the swimming finals.

ps Great to see 4 provincial winners in semis for the 2nd year in a row.

Boxty's 4 off-springs briught them and theirs hereabouts for the w/end. Boxty isn't great at "The Chasing Game" at 17.00 of a Sat. or 14.00 of a Sunday...

That said, I love them all and if I can't lead "the Chasing Game" I'll have failed them......

Emma (2+) whispered today..."You're sneakey Grandad".......Rules are flexible.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Long weekend of writing, here's my tactical take on Donegal's win over Kerry [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Np complaints. Donegal were better on the day. Will not be critical of any Kerry player.I know some will enjoy dancing on their grave but so be it. They gave us a great 10 years or so but the time has come probably for some to call it a day and as I have said before not many coming through. The difference between the teams was Colin McFadden. Best of luck to Donegal and contrary to what I heard from many yesterday they. will test Cork.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2