GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donegal v Kerry

+5
emmetryan
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
Parouisa
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Donegal v Kerry Empty Donegal v Kerry

Post  Parouisa Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:37 am

Pick of the round for me - Cork v Kildare juicy enough too though.

What a clash of styles! I am tipping Donegal even this far out but am intrigued by what way it will pan out. I think Kerry will be very motivated looking at a possible Cork semi.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Donegal v Kerry Empty Re: Donegal v Kerry

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Parouisa wrote:Pick of the round for me - Cork v Kildare juicy enough too though.

What a clash of styles! I am tipping Donegal even this far out but am intrigued by what way it will pan out. I think Kerry will be very motivated looking at a possible Cork semi.

By far the toughest draw for Kerry. I have been crowing that Donegal are probably All Ireland champs this year for a few months.Donegal to beat the previous three winners to take Sam. Dublin have a handy route to the final. I was watching it on the radio and I have my suspicions. Twisted Evil
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Donegal to beat the previous three winners to take Sam.

Ahem, 4 previous winners... Smile
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Donegal to beat the previous three winners to take Sam.

Ahem, 4 previous winners... Smile
Apologies TC.
Thinking about it they will have beaten winners of the past 9 All Ireland winners. Surprised
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Just when Kerry finally got the monkey off their back they get an Ulster side who will be in their faces all day. Donegal are not unlike an early Tyrone prototype and while they don't have the class up front that Tyrone had they have a couple of guys who know where the posts are. Gooch, Darran won't get a second to breathe and Donegal may well test Donaghy's suspect temperament. And they will run at a not too young Kerry defence at every opportunity - and from deep. Croke Park will not phase them - nor the occasion - they proved that in last year's semi. McGuinness will relish this one. Me too.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Parouisa wrote:Just when Kerry finally got the monkey off their back they get an Ulster side who will be in their faces all day. Donegal are not unlike an early Tyrone prototype and while they don't have the class up front that Tyrone had they have a couple of guys who know where the posts are. Gooch, Darran won't get a second to breathe and Donegal may well test Donaghy's suspect temperament. And they will run at a not too young Kerry defence at every opportunity - and from deep. Croke Park will not phase them - nor the occasion - they proved that in last year's semi. McGuinness will relish this one. Me too.

Totally agree P, this is the game Jim wanted me thinks. They'll run Kerry ragged (I hope) and win by 3-4 points
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:15 pm

bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Just when Kerry finally got the monkey off their back they get an Ulster side who will be in their faces all day. Donegal are not unlike an early Tyrone prototype and while they don't have the class up front that Tyrone had they have a couple of guys who know where the posts are. Gooch, Darran won't get a second to breathe and Donegal may well test Donaghy's suspect temperament. And they will run at a not too young Kerry defence at every opportunity - and from deep. Croke Park will not phase them - nor the occasion - they proved that in last year's semi. McGuinness will relish this one. Me too.

Totally agree P, this is the game Jim wanted me thinks. They'll run Kerry ragged (I hope) and win by 3-4 points

Kerry by 12 points (I hope)
Kerry v Cork=Semi by 2 pt ( I hope)
Kerry v Down=final Very Happy
Kerry by 15 points (I hope) Very Happy
Winter well Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Kerry by 12 points (I hope)
Winter well Very Happy

Drunk on a Monday night!! You must be on hols RKF!!!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Parouisa wrote:
Real Kerry Fan wrote:Kerry by 12 points (I hope)
Winter well Very Happy

Drunk on a Monday night!! You must be on hols RKF!!!

Anniversary again I am afraid. cheers
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Wedding? Where did you send her out to?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 am

Parouisa wrote:Wedding? Where did you send her out to?

Times are tough. We cant go out together anymore. She goes to outlaws sorry inlaws while I go for a few pints. Fair agreement Troika approved. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 am

I've put together a tactical preview for this game here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 am

emmetryan wrote:I've put together a tactical preview for this game here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very good preview emmet. 4One slight flaw, the result prediction. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
emmetryan wrote:I've put together a tactical preview for this game here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very good preview emmet. 4One slight flaw, the result prediction. Very Happy

Cheers. I always tell people not to blame me for their bets!

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Fortunately I will be able to attend both Cork and Kildare and Donegal V Kerry on Sunday and follow it up with the Tyrone minors V Meath in Newry later in the evening. The Donegal Kerry one is the one I'm looking forward to the most though.

I would expect that Jimmy will have each and every one of his players well briefed on what their individual roles will be on sunday whilst Jack is liable to drop a couple of half forwards back and allow the others think for themselves as the game unfolds. Donegal have been very miserable in terms of leaking goals this year and Kerry will no doubt put this to the test. The diagnol long ball into Donaghy with Gooch and O'Donoghue feeding off him is where Donegal may falter.

Donegal will also have to be very disciplined in their tackling as Sheehan will punish anything within the '45. Duffy is likely to stamp out cynical fouling from the outset by brandishing a few yellows. Up until now Kerry will not have met anything close to the intensity they will face on Sunday. Donegal will swarm, strip them of possession and attack in numbers with McGlynn, Lacey, McHugh all bombing forward and asking questions off an ageing Kerry defence. The question is whether they can outscore their southern opponents who have showed in their recent outings that scoring from 35-50 yards isn't really an issue. If Donegal labour to take scores then Kerry will sneak through but I am tipping McGuinness' men to make the breakthrough on Sunday after an almighty battle. Tir Connail abu!
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:22 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Fortunately I will be able to attend both Cork and Kildare and Donegal V Kerry on Sunday and follow it up with the Tyrone minors V Meath in Newry later in the evening.

I'd encourage great care of your possessions Mugsy, particularly your vehicle. There's a pair of tall Dublin lads in their mid/late 40's passing themselves off as car-park attendants operating around the Drumcondra road (possibly sporting Na Fianna bibs).

I encountered them a few years ago..The car was there all right, but with 4 badly worn tyres that I discovered a week later...... Suspect affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:25 am

Boxtyeater wrote:I encountered them a few years ago..The car was there all right, but with 4 badly worn tyres that I discovered a week later...... Suspect affraid

Thems remoulds for ya .............
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Fortunately I will be able to attend both Cork and Kildare and Donegal V Kerry on Sunday and follow it up with the Tyrone minors V Meath in Newry later in the evening.

I'd encourage great care of your possessions Mugsy, particularly your vehicle. There's a pair of tall Dublin lads in their mid/late 40's passing themselves off as car-park attendants operating around the Drumcondra road (possibly sporting Na Fianna bibs).

I encountered them a few years ago..The car was there all right, but with 4 badly worn tyres that I discovered a week later...... Suspect affraid

€4 gets you in the safety of the Multi Storey Jurys inn. IFSC (need to show match ticket to avoid hourly rate) bt of s brisk walk back but clears off the pre- match scoops.
2 lefts through the port tunnel and your home for Glenroe.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Are ordinary mortals allowed to use the AIB facilities (assuming there are any) in Ballsbridge Question Surely a man is allowed park his car/motorbike/tractor on commonage.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Are ordinary mortals allowed to use the AIB facilities (assuming there are any) in Ballsbridge Question Surely a man is allowed park his car/motorbike/tractor on commonage.....

Had the CNUT's in for introductory social call today - New account manager they don;t hang around for long so I tend not get attached
Advised them that I own 1/5,000,000 th of their halfway line double box in HQ with 30 odd seats.

"Didn't realise you followed the "GAAHH" - might have been able to get you a few tickets if we had known in advance. - This is advance I advised.
Should be a good "80 minutes" says he.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 pm

OMAR wrote:"Didn't realise you followed the "GAAHH" - might have been able to get you a few tickets if we had known in advance. - This is advance I advised.
Should be a good "80 minutes" says he.

Clearly not a follower of the GAAHH himself then. Spoofology is second nature to these gimps.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:35 am

Interesting perspective from Manus Boyle in the Indo.
The one tactic that no one is expecting is that Doegal try to blitz Kerry in the first 30 mins.

Heres hoping ;jedi;
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:08 pm

OMAR wrote:Interesting perspective from Manus Boyle in the Indo.
The one tactic that no one is expecting is that Doegal try to blitz Kerry in the first 30 mins.

Heres hoping ;jedi;

This, whether you like it or not, is a pivotal clash in the evolvement of the game. There's no need to espouse about it.....Old V New...

Kerry, long lauded as old style (though that has changed existentially) will be keen to win with flair while
Donegal will be keen to validate their system.

The game has changed in my 60 years looking at it. Down 60/61 were the 1st. to bring the "collective" message, the track suits and a share of negative tactics...I'm not for correction on this in the face of my own eye-sight. They had some exceptional players in key positions, strong men, Leo Murphy at 3, Dan McCartan at 6, Carey at m/f, Jim McCartan at 11 and throw in Doherty and O'Neill.
But what they brought was the "tactical foul"....The ould drag down, un-punished, the sort of Tommy Walsh late pull...

Normal service restored by Galway's 3 in a row-64-66 (free-flowing, positive football) and on we went until......The Handpass rule..

Heffo first in, Kerry, cute hoors as ever, spent a year thinking and then BAM....So on we go...

The bones of two decades pass and Armagh begin another version that yields a SAM...Many decry it but some ponder....

Tyrone have the new prototype, it brings success's three-fold.....The masses cry, "Lets all go defensive"...

Next please...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 pm

The next in utopian terms is a team with 14 players that can attack and score.
Total football as the Dutch pioneered. That's the vision. That's where Jim wants to go
Prudently he started at the back which may mean the journey does not appeal to the neutral en route. But it's going to be different, for e.g I've noted with interest Adam speers involvement In the back room. I'm acquainted with Adam and his ethos, the training in my day would,nt tickle Adams view of the world.
I think it will take more than this year but I do think we aill be a problem for most for the rest of the decade.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 pm

OMAR wrote:The next in utopian terms is a team with 14 players that can attack and score.
Total football as the Dutch pioneered. That's the vision. That's where Jim wants to go

In a previous post I acclaimed McGuinness's view as futuristic. I may be proved right. Tomorrow will tell a tale.
Without being dis-respectful to Kerry, their history or their people, the game has intriguing connotations....

We may forget about Dublin V Mayo....The future of the game lies here....' Dutch"...lovely losers...Bah!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next