GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conor Mortimer

+2
mid-mon man
RMDrive
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Empty Re: Conor Mortimer

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:

I've seen him many a time before. Met him once and know about a hundred of his neighbours but know him personally..... Sad

Get on to Admin Lil. They, in the interest of the forum, will equip you with a nice corporate windbreaker, several biros and clipboards and mobile phones (used, without SIM card) and you have the "image" for an in-depth interview.
It's your call.....

Boxty, youre seriously killing me here... lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:

I've seen him many a time before. Met him once and know about a hundred of his neighbours but know him personally..... Sad

Get on to Admin Lil. They, in the interest of the forum, will equip you with a nice corporate windbreaker, several biros and clipboards and mobile phones (used, without SIM card) and you have the "image" for an in-depth interview.
It's your call.....

You're quickly becoming one of the funniest posters on here Boxty! Very Happy NOT!Only jokin. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliste Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:34 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:
Cliste wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:These rumours cant possibly be true!! Sad He's a good man Crying or Very sad Maybe it was a dub? Razz

I think it was a mix up - apparently he tried to claim back money for posters that had been paid for by the Sports Academy. I'll let you know when the article is online. Our college newspaper had the story on it...

Mayo-er's causing trouble as usual!

Ah he didn't look to bad at the GAA Ball (Not that I was talking to him - I just wandered by him, and thought of you guy's (well... gals!))

Did he wave or smile at you? Very Happy Razz

No, sure I don't know him at all (So don't expect me to be able to introduce you to him)

If you want a real hero look at Eoin Kennedy - Dublin handballer who's won lots and lots of All-Ireland's, and he's a genuinely nice guy to meet
Cliste
Cliste
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Baile Átha Cliath
Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Cliste wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:
Cliste wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:These rumours cant possibly be true!! Sad He's a good man Crying or Very sad Maybe it was a dub? Razz

I think it was a mix up - apparently he tried to claim back money for posters that had been paid for by the Sports Academy. I'll let you know when the article is online. Our college newspaper had the story on it...

Ah he didn't look to bad at the GAA Ball (Not that I was talking to him - I just wandered by him, and thought of you guy's (well... gals!))

No, sure I don't know him at all (So don't expect me to be able to introduce you to him)

If you want a real hero look at Eoin Kennedy - Dublin handballer who's won lots and lots of All-Ireland's, and he's a genuinely nice guy to meet

Ever since you reminded me of handball, I'm noticing old handball halls around and old walls where it was played. I also noticed a new enough one. It's really interesting. I think I might join one of the clubs. We might end up playing each other yet Cliste! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:
Cliste wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:
Cliste wrote:

Ever since you reminded me of handball, I'm noticing old handball halls around and old walls where it was played. I also noticed a new enough one. It's really interesting. I think I might join one of the clubs. We might end up playing each other yet Cliste! Very Happy

The Mayo Gals v Cliste
DCU sports Hall
I can see it now!!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Did I hear correctly that the great man has suffered the dreaded cruciate injury?
Surely not THE Mort....there's no God.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Seen this earlier on in the week. Devasting blow to Mayo's bid of improving upon their 2/2 Championship defeats last year.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 pm

He will be a loss as good a forward as there is in Connaught over the last decade
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 pm

The Puke wrote:He will be a loss as good a forward as there is in Connaught over the last decade

Not as effective over the 70 minutes as Joyce or Meehan of Galway or David Kelly and O'Hara of Sligo.
On a par with lesser luminaries such as Leitrim's Declan Maxwell and Matthew Clancy of Galway.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:He will be a loss as good a forward as there is in Connaught over the last decade

Not as effective over the 70 minutes as Joyce or Meehan of Galway or David Kelly and O'Hara of Sligo.
On a par with lesser luminaries such as Leitrim's Declan Maxwell and Matthew Clancy of Galway.

christ, are you for real? Shocked
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Banter.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Banter.....

Where would Frankie Dolan rank on that list, boxty me old duck
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Talented, bould, un-manageable and over-rated......A thorn in the side of every manager who was forced to pick him.....

He was no Tony McManus, that's for sure.......Frankie Dolan...Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Vomit-12
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Talented, bould, un-manageable and over-rated......A thorn in the side of every manager who was forced to pick him.....

He was no Tony McManus, that's for sure.......Frankie Dolan...Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Vomit-12

he was far from over-rated, he was an outstanding footballer
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 pm

The ball was fouled twice in that move....shocking refereeing
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 pm

The Puke wrote:[he was far from over-rated, he was an outstanding footballer

Pukey, you're far from the real facts here. Dolan is despised in the main by the hardcore Roscommon followers. He's a contrary character whose sole aim in life or on the field is his own personal gratification.....
Fair eouugh, he kicked a solid rake of points one night above in Newbridge agin' the Lillies but when it came to trench warfare you'd never find him.

For all the times he robbed us over the years with his skill, twist, cunning and finish, I'd have a lot of respect for Tony McManus and indeed the late Dermot Earley.
To mention Dolan amongst those luminaries, while sadly off topic, is heresy.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:[he was far from over-rated, he was an outstanding footballer

Pukey, you're far from the real facts here. Dolan is despised in the main by the hardcore Roscommon followers. He's a contrary character whose sole aim in life or on the field is his own personal gratification.....
Fair eouugh, he kicked a solid rake of points one night above in Newbridge agin' the Lillies but when it came to trench warfare you'd never find him.

For all the times he robbed us over the years with his skill, twist, cunning and finish, I'd have a lot of respect for Tony McManus and indeed the late Dermot Earley.
To mention Dolan amongst those luminaries, while sadly off topic, is heresy.

get up the yard
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:22 pm

The Puke wrote:The ball was fouled twice in that move....shocking refereeing

Perfect refeering on a very poor and wet day. Are you referring to the handpass with the open palm or some other issue......

Be quick here because I've to head out for the last hour.....Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Food-s21
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:The ball was fouled twice in that move....shocking refereeing

Perfect refeering on a very poor and wet day. Are you referring to the handpass with the open palm or some other issue......

Be quick here because I've to head out for the last hour.....Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Food-s21

double hop of the ball as well
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm

You've had a bit of a battering across the way from Kev, so obviously your brain Conor Mortimer - Page 2 Smiley17 is a bitéén scrambled.....I'll pour a Guinness (with widget) can into a pint glass later on in the night in your honour.

As ballhoppers go, well, you're up there....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2