GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain

4 posters

Go down

Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain Empty Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:56 am

Well I'm very happy at this news. Mortimer has been named as captain again this year, after having captained Mayo to a Connaught final win last year. Peadar Gardiner has been named Vice-Captain.

Both are great decisions on O'Mahony's part. Both of these players have huge experience, skill and talent on their side, and it's particularly good to see Mortimer, who has been hindered by injury a lot these past few years, start to gather momentum in the team without injuries for the past while. I think he'll make a great impact this Summer.

Back to top Go down

Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain Empty Re: Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain

Post  RMDrive Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Trevor has matured a lot over the last couple of years and should make a good captain.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Good player, twice the footballer his brother is in my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:54 pm

samin10 wrote:Good player, twice the footballer his brother is in my opinion

True as this is he is still a failure as a footballer and always will be. Another backward step for Mayo.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

mossbags wrote:
samin10 wrote:Good player, twice the footballer his brother is in my opinion

True as this is he is still a failure as a footballer and always will be. Another backward step for Mayo.

Care to explain? Mossbags, you seriously have some issues with Mayo. I know there's rivalry and all that, and I have the odd pop at Galway, but what you're saying about this player is totally unfounded.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:11 pm

A girl from Ballina broke my heart once Essie. She broke it off with me when she found out about the girl from Westport. As regards Trev, well he could never hack it at the highest level, simple as.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 pm

mossbags wrote:A girl from Ballina broke my heart once Essie. She broke it off with me when she found out about the girl from Westport. As regards Trev, well he could never hack it at the highest level, simple as.

Totally wrong there, Mossy. He's one of the best and fittest players in the country. He's the backbone of Shrule/Glencorrib and he's done Mayo many favours in the past with his skill, and in particular his strength and pace. He gives it 100% every time he dons the Green and Red.

As regards your 'history' with Mayo, it's good to know you have a secret love of Mayo(and dare I say, obsession? Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
mossbags wrote:A girl from Ballina broke my heart once Essie. She broke it off with me when she found out about the girl from Westport. As regards Trev, well he could never hack it at the highest level, simple as.

Totally wrong there, Mossy. He's one of the best and fittest players in the country. He's the backbone of Shrule/Glencorrib and he's done Mayo many favours in the past with his skill, and in particular his strength and pace. He gives it 100% every time he dons the Green and Red.

As regards your 'history' with Mayo, it's good to know you have a secret love of Mayo(and dare I say, obsession? Razz )

Mayo wimmen are trouble Essie that's the one thing that men everywhere agree to be 100% undeniably, uncategorically, indisputably, present correct and true.
Hot to trot but tricky to trut
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Well I'm very happy at this news. Mortimer has been named as captain again this year, after having captained Mayo to a Connaught final win last year. Peadar Gardiner has been named Vice-Captain.

Both are great decisions on O'Mahony's part. Both of these players have huge experience, skill and talent on their side, and it's particularly good to see Mortimer, who has been hindered by injury a lot these past few years, start to gather momentum in the team without injuries for the past while. I think he'll make a great impact this Summer.

Fine player ih he can stay injury free will make a good captain leads well.
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 am

mullins wrote:
Fine player ih he can stay injury free will make a good captain leads well.

Worth his place on the team??? Trevor Mortimer named Mayo captain Suspect I haven't looked at his stats but his scoring ratio I'd say is poor..Infinitely a better team player than Conor, but neither of their modest contributions come anywhere near the performances Kenneth gave over the years..
Bluffers....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down