GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortimer and Reilly attacked.

4 posters

Go down

Mortimer and Reilly attacked. Empty Mortimer and Reilly attacked.

Post  mid-mon man Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 am

Conor Mortimer and Kevin Reilly were attacked by a gang after leaving a shop in Ballymun on Tuesday.

link

What's the thoughts on this? The Ballymun boys obviously don't like Mayo or Meath players.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Mortimer and Reilly attacked. Empty Re: Mortimer and Reilly attacked.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Disgrace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

I would bet any amount of money the scum who attacked them had no idea who they were and it had nothing to do with GAA rivalry. Ballymun has a rep for good reason. Whatever about Mortimer, Reilly aint exactly a superstar instantly recognisable to all!! Thsi was far more likely an act of random violence carried out by vermin than a GAA related attack. Please dont try to make it what it isnt. For all we know the attackers may not even be Irish

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Liam, it is obvious it was the GAA Dublin support.

And its not as if they don't have motive. Two best teams and that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Liam, it is obvious it was the GAA Dublin support.

And its not as if they don't have motive. Two best teams and that.

Tell me Loyal, what makes it so obvious? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Ah well, as you say it might not have anything to do with the GAA, it's Ballymun after all, and these things happen anywhere regardless of that. The only reason it's in the papers is because they're inter-county players. It's scumbag behaviour without doubt, whoever did it.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:03 pm

I don't believe it! Shocked Mad Mortimer's hand is broken already aswell. The people who did this should be put into jail for life. At least Mortimer didn't get too injured thank God but still these kind of people need something to scare the living daylights out of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 pm

There not "people" in the real sense of the word Lil, they are the sh*t on the shoe of real Dublin people. The crap you cant scrape off no matter hwo many times you wipe in the grass. They are vermin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:17 pm

An absolute and utter disgrace. I remember another incident involving mortimer in galway in a night club. Another lad tried to stab him with a broken glass bottle-what is the world coming to? Also, I dont think we should point the blame to dubliners who specifically attacked the mayo and meath player-it could have been just a random attack, we dont want to jump to conclusions. However, whoever did it should be dealt with severly. I hope conor and kevin recover again quickly and get over the trauma of it all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Ya some Galway eejit messed up his red sports car up town in Galway. Did it deliberately too. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:33 am

Liamwalkinstown wrote:I would bet any amount of money the scum who attacked them had no idea who they were and it had nothing to do with GAA rivalry. Ballymun has a rep for good reason. Whatever about Mortimer, Reilly aint exactly a superstar instantly recognisable to all!! Thsi was far more likely an act of random violence carried out by vermin than a GAA related attack. Please dont try to make it what it isnt. For all we know the attackers may not even be Irish

ballymun has a rep!!! thats one of the most narrow minded statements i ever heard! so if they were attacked in sandymount, killiney, dalkey it be a mistake, give me a break..... yes, they where attacked in ballymun. but of course all attacks happe in ballymun, sure look at brian murphy. oppps....
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 am

I see...
so its ok for people in Dublin to say "Limerick is dodgy" ...basing the rep of an entire city on the behaviour of a few families in all of 3 estates....so thats ok.....generalise Limerick, the entire city as being just Moyross.....
Bu then I have the audacity to say Ballymun has a bad rep (which it has) and there is outrage!!! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:32 pm

I'll give ye my interpretation on how the West sees the two counties.
Dublin: Ballymun, Tallaght and anywhere around those places wouldn't surprise anyone here if anything really bad happened there. That's sounds awful and it is really judgemental but tis just the way I see it and a lot of people here do aswell. Also, would never feel totally safe anywhere around Dublin city besides Croke Park. A bit like Homer not liking New York after sunset Razz

Limerick: Hmmmm. As I call it 'the stabby city'. Great chance you'll be stabbed at one stage or another. Mind you probably not shot but wouldn't feel totally safe either. That would be in the actual real inner city now not anywhere around it.
Sorry if I caused any offence but just want to settle an argument here that Limerick and Dublin are just as dangerous as each other! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 pm

I get really annoyed when a few little, dirty, rotten, imbeciles, create havoc by shootings, stabbings, illegal activities etc. and as a result, forge a false, damaging name for the area they have created that name for. Liam i know how frustrated ya feel-but theres nothing you can do. It's the law-breakers fault, and it should be their names that are tarnishes, not the name of the place they have given a name to.

Back to top Go down

Mortimer and Reilly attacked. Empty Deserved it?

Post  Antrim Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 pm

I have heard from a Ballymun based pal that they may have brought it on themselves. Still no excuse to hospitalise them

Antrim
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Ireland
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Antrim wrote:I have heard from a Ballymun based pal that they may have brought it on themselves. Still no excuse to hospitalise them
Would be surprised. If they go to DCU they should be well aware where to stay away from. Amazed Wheelo hasn't been blamed yet!! Mind you Ryaner teaches in the 'Mun!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down