GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conor Mortimer

+2
mid-mon man
RMDrive
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conor Mortimer Empty Conor Mortimer

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Conor Mortimer broke two bones in his right hand against Tyrone last Sunday. He'll be out for 6 weeks and will more than likely miss Mayo's clash with New York on the 10th of May. It's not yet known whether he'll return in time for Mayo's Connacht Semi-Final clash with Roscommon/Leitrim. This is bad news for Mayo, but the matches that he'll miss aren't the hardest in the world. More than likey he'll be back for the semi, but it is a blow, especially at this time when training is becoming intense. this is what he said:

'I think I may have picked up the injury pushing myself off the ground and putting pressure on the hand,' Mortimer told the Irish Independent.
'I knew there was something broken but I played on and went for an X-ray after the game. I will be out for six weeks I would estimate but I will still be able to participate in some training, although not the ball work obviously.'

Back to top Go down

Conor Mortimer Empty Re: Conor Mortimer

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

What?? Conor Mortimer lying on the ground? Those dives to the ground can be dangerous all right.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:23 pm

I'd watch it if you were saying those kind of lies in Mayo. We won't deal with you lightly ya know. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 pm

RMDrive wrote:What?? Conor Mortimer lying on the ground? Those dives to the ground can be dangerous all right.

Especially when somebody pushes you to the ground! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
RMDrive wrote:What?? Conor Mortimer lying on the ground? Those dives to the ground can be dangerous all right.

Yeah, I'm sure someday Conor will experience that. It hasn;t happend yet though cause he is usually on the ground before the defender gets a chance to push him.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:10 pm

RMDrive wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure someday Conor will experience that. It hasn;t happend yet though cause he is usually on the ground before the defender gets a chance to push him.

well, what can I say, he's perceptive!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:52 pm

This sounds like an injury very similar to one I had a while back. Took me longer than 6 weeks to recover to ball work in training but there was a dislocation involved too so it was a bit messy. But let's be honest, he's not going to be missed at all. As long as he's back for the Connacht final Mayo will be grand.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:09 pm

mid-mon man wrote:This sounds like an injury very similar to one I had a while back. Took me longer than 6 weeks to recover to ball work in training but there was a dislocation involved too so it was a bit messy. But let's be honest, he's not going to be missed at all. As long as he's back for the Connacht final Mayo will be grand.

exactly. The next few matches they have (new york and leitrim/roscommon) arent going to be too difficult-hopefully! Anyway, Mayo played much better without him starting v galway, because Mortimer just wasnt playing well. I cant help but think the reason he wasnt plaiyng his best was down to the pressures from his DCU presidency campaign. But thank god thats over now so he can concentrate on the footy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:11 pm

He usually plays better in the Championship anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 pm

[quote="EstherMayo1951his best was down to the pressures from his DCU presidency campaign. But thank god thats over now so he can concentrate on the footy Very Happy[/quote]

Didn't he lose that campaign as well??

Personally, I feel he's vastly over-rated. I think he's seen by certain elements of Mayo supporters as another "great white hope".

Poor contributor of scores from play, in-ability to secure primary possession and a very weak right foot are the basis of my opinion.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:[quote="EstherMayo1951his best was down to the pressures from his DCU presidency campaign. But thank god thats over now so he can concentrate on the footy Very Happy

Didn't he lose that campaign as well??

Personally, I feel he's vastly over-rated. I think he's seen by certain elements of Mayo supporters as another "great white hope".

Poor contributor of scores from play, in-ability to secure primary possession and a very weak right foot are the basis of my opinion.[/quote]

He is a good player. He hasnt been playing his best lately though, since 2006 he has been going downhill really in his play. Scored 31 points back then if i remember correctly-the highest scorer in the championship in 06. Yes, he did lose the campaign which i'm v, glad about!! It would have only distracted him. Johnno kept him off the starting xv v galway and he came back for the tyrone match. Played mediocre stuff but fingers crossed come Champo time he'll be at his best. Though with this broken hand, I'll need my toes crossed too!!Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliste Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I cant help but think the reason he wasnt plaiyng his best was down to the pressures from his DCU presidency campaign. But thank god thats over now so he can concentrate on the footy Very Happy

You won't be happy about allegations that have surfaced about his campaign being funded by the sports academy then!

But I suppose by the time his hand has healed that'll be forgotten about as well!
Cliste
Cliste
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Baile Átha Cliath
Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Cliste wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:I cant help but think the reason he wasnt plaiyng his best was down to the pressures from his DCU presidency campaign. But thank god thats over now so he can concentrate on the footy Very Happy

You won't be happy about allegations that have surfaced about his campaign being funded by the sports academy then!

But I suppose by the time his hand has healed that'll be forgotten about as well!

affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 pm

These rumours cant possibly be true!! Sad He's a good man Crying or Very sad Maybe it was a dub? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliste Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:These rumours cant possibly be true!! Sad He's a good man Crying or Very sad Maybe it was a dub? Razz

I think it was a mix up - apparently he tried to claim back money for posters that had been paid for by the Sports Academy. I'll let you know when the article is online. Our college newspaper had the story on it...

Mayo-er's causing trouble as usual!

Ah he didn't look to bad at the GAA Ball (Not that I was talking to him - I just wandered by him, and thought of you guy's (well... gals!))
Cliste
Cliste
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Baile Átha Cliath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Cliste wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:These rumours cant possibly be true!! Sad He's a good man Crying or Very sad Maybe it was a dub? Razz

I think it was a mix up - apparently he tried to claim back money for posters that had been paid for by the Sports Academy. I'll let you know when the article is online. Our college newspaper had the story on it...

Ah he didn't look to bad at the GAA Ball (Not that I was talking to him - I just wandered by him, and thought of you guy's (well... gals!))

That's mad!!!! Very Happy You should have got his autograph-you'd look soooo cool in front of your date!!! Razz Who did ya take? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliste Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:41 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:That's mad!!!! Very Happy You should have got his autograph-you'd look soooo cool in front of your date!!! Razz Who did ya take? Very Happy

I was too busy looking cool Cool to bring a date...! I'm ahem* playing the field! People only brought dates if they were going out to be honest. So I was far from alone. And damn was there some foine girls out Razz

On a more important note - my first time in Coppers, the place is really not that good!
Cliste
Cliste
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Baile Átha Cliath

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Cliste wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:That's mad!!!! Very Happy You should have got his autograph-you'd look soooo cool in front of your date!!! Razz Who did ya take? Very Happy

I was too busy looking cool Cool to bring a date...! I'm ahem* playing the field! People only brought dates if they were going out to be honest. So I was far from alone. And damn was there some foine girls out Razz

On a more important note - my first time in Coppers, the place is really not that good!

You really need to be from the country to appreciate it! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Cliste wrote:

'Tis not the best at all, really!!! Anyway Cliste, all the best girls were probably taken quickly, I mean all the Mayo girls!!!!Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Cliste wrote:

Did he wave or smile at you? Very Happy Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Cliste wrote:

I think it was a mix up - apparently he tried to claim back money for posters that had been paid for by the Sports Academy.

At least we can now presume, that whatever the merits of his football career, his political ambitions have run into difficulties with this over his head. Shocked

But then again he's a Mayo man and this never deterred any of you before. Who was that man with all the houses and the loud suit??????/ Rolling Eyes
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Girls yous are fairly obsessed with Mortimer! Do yous know him yourselves?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:Did he wave or smile at you? Very Happy Razz

Oh for God's sake.....let it go....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:04 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Girls yous are fairly obsessed with Mortimer! Do yous know him yourselves?

I've seen him many a time before. Met him once and know about a hundred of his neighbours but know him personally..... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:15 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:

I've seen him many a time before. Met him once and know about a hundred of his neighbours but know him personally..... Sad

Get on to Admin Lil. They, in the interest of the forum, will equip you with a nice corporate windbreaker, several biros and clipboards and mobile phones (used, without SIM card) and you have the "image" for an in-depth interview.
It's your call.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down