GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golf thread

+19
mossbags
Grenvile
Royal_Girl2k9
samin12
Real Kerry Fan
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
bocerty
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
Boxtyeater
patrique
hurlingguru
Jayo Cluxton
GAAGenious
23 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Golf thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Golf thread

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Well done Paul, and well done Rory for strongly forcing the issue, lest the wrong call be made.

And how unpopular must Montgomerie be - even fellow Scots Bernard Gallagher, Andrew Coltart and Paul Lawrie came out against him.

It'll be Paul next year, and Dungannon's finest in 2016!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 pm

[quote="Thomas Clarke"]Well done Paul, and well done Rory for strongly forcing the issue, lest the wrong call be made.

And how unpopular must Montgomerie be - even fellow Scots Bernard Gallagher, Andrew Coltart and Paul Lawrie came out against him.

It'll be Paul next year, and Dungannon's finest in 2016![/quote]

Forum heavyweight Thomas Clarke, announces via Global GAA, his intention to unite Europe under the umbrella of golf in an historic tribute to his great-grandfather and leader of the 1916 Rising.

Out-fooking-standing tribute TC...Doff of my cap to you Sir...I'll open a bottle in your honour. An outstanding gesture...The Golf thread - Page 13 Food-s14
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 pm

[quote="Boxtyeater"]
Thomas Clarke wrote:Well done Paul, and well done Rory for strongly forcing the issue, lest the wrong call be made.

It'll be Paul next year, and Dungannon's finest in 2016![/quote]

Forum heavyweight Thomas Clarke, announces via Global GAA, his intention to unite Europe under the umbrella of golf in an historic tribute to his great-grandfather and leader of the 1916 Rising.

Out-fooking-standing tribute TC...Doff of my cap to you Sir...I'll open a bottle in your honour. An outstanding gesture...The Golf thread - Page 13 Food-s14

It would certainly get McIlroy out of a pickle
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Forum heavyweight Thomas Clarke, announces via Global GAA, his intention to unite Europe under the umbrella of golf in an historic tribute to his great-grandfather and leader of the 1916 Rising

Not a million miles from the truth there Boxty. Not the actual truth, but not a million miles away Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

The Golf thread - Page 13 Images11

Búaladh bos leatsa....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:
Forum heavyweight Thomas Clarke, announces via Global GAA, his intention to unite Europe under the umbrella of golf in an historic tribute to his great-grandfather and leader of the 1916 Rising

Not a million miles from the truth there Boxty. Not the actual truth, but not a million miles away Wink

I have it on fairly good authority that the poster known as TC's people hail from the Yeats County and the poster himself maybe be a grand daughter of the Countess hereself ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 am

was just reading an article on line about McIlroys girlfriend doing caddie for him in the par 3 tournament today before the Masters commences.

According to the author of the article she wont be the first professional tennis player to caddie at the event. it says and i quote 'Chris Evert was on her then husband Greg Norman's bag in 2009.'

I'd say she was on it alright!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:04 pm

It's weird how many golfers end up dating tennis players. McIlroy and Wozniacki, Norman and Evert, Sergio Garica and Martina Hingis, Hank Kuehne & Venus Williams and Adam Scott & Ana Ivanovic all jump to mind. Plus, there is the likelihood that Tiger's had half a dozen of the top 10 as well.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:It's weird how many golfers end up dating tennis players. McIlroy and Wozniacki, Norman and Evert, Sergio Garica and Martina Hingis, Hank Kuehne & Venus Williams and Adam Scott & Ana Ivanovic all jump to mind. Plus, there is the likelihood that Tiger's had half a dozen of the top 10 as well.

whose the smart money going on for the Masters TC?

Is Woods the man to beat or is Rory back in the groove
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I gave up betting on golf a long time ago, Boc, as it is just so hard to call. The majors in golf are so tough, as a player must beat 100 other top professionals (as opposed to tennis, for example, where you technically only have to beat 7, one at a time). A bad bounce in golf, or even misfortune with playing in rain/wind at the wrong time of the day, can often be the difference in winning and losing.

Woods is a worthy favourite, but 4-1 is similar to what you'd have got on him 5-6 years ago, and he isn't back to that level yet. I'd stay clear, although he is more likely than any to wear the green jacket on Sunday. McIlroy is at 10-1, and that may be as long as he'll be in any tournament for quite some time to come. He is showing signs of getting back to form, although his game is still littered with mistakes. Despite that, no-one is more capable of exploding into life and, if he gets off to a good start, he could certainly win.

Aside from Tiger, Keegan Bradley and Justin Rose are the 2 in-form golfers. Bradley has the length to play well at Augusta, but he's only played the tournament once before. Rose has made 3 top 10 finishes in the last 6 years, though temperament is always a concern with him.

The usual suspects of Luke Donald, Dustin Johnson, Adam Scott and Louis Oosthuizen must be respected, and it would be no shock to see any of those winning. The latter 3 are long hitters who can be great or awful, while Donald is such a good golfer and has been in contention more than once.

But for me, the value is in Rose (18-1), if he can continue his great form and hold his nerve. If you fancy an outsider, maybe consider one of the 2 big-hitting Swedes, Henrik Stenson (60-1) or Peter Hanson (70-1).
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:It's weird how many golfers end up dating tennis players. McIlroy and Wozniacki, Norman and Evert, Sergio Garica and Martina Hingis, Hank Kuehne & Venus Williams and Adam Scott & Ana Ivanovic all jump to mind. Plus, there is the likelihood that Tiger's had half a dozen of the top 10 as well.

He even had navratilova
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 pm

OMAR wrote:

He even had navratilova

And Billie Jean King is relieved that she's a brunette...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Typing this on the IPAD that Bubba paid for last year.
Akin to TC,s comment above i see no value in chasing favourites. Im not going to bet heavy on Tiger so
The 80 quid back on a 20 punt aint going to make my weekend so far that reason will go
Down the field a bit which if you get an Immelman,Scwartzel,cabrera, bubba at least you have something worth winning

Ton on 3 ew

Oosthuizen(20) mahan(10) and Haas(20)

Last edited by OMAR on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Speculated €30 on this event by way of 3X€5 e/w punts:

Oosthuizen 28/1...Dustin Johnson 33/1 and crafty oul' Mickleson at 11/1. I'll have a tenner on some other outsider around the 100/1 mark to have me hoping for a place on Sunday evening. I think Els is long odds (125/1) and he isn't one to get flustered.

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Backed Jason Day each way at 55/1, really like him as a golfer and think he'll make me a few bob!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

22 "Guests" looking in at present, doubtless in anticipation of OMAR's tip for Augusta. The Golf thread should be "members only" for the duration of the event....

Bocerty, when he gets a chance, will no doubt effect the requisite adjustment.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Speculated €30 on this event by way of 3X€5 e/w punts:

Oosthuizen 28/1...Dustin Johnson 33/1 and crafty oul' Mickleson at 11/1. I'll have a tenner on some other outsider around the 100/1 mark to have me hoping for a place on Sunday evening. I think Els is long odds (125/1) and he isn't one to get flustered.

The big Eeay keeping calm so far after 14 Holes has matched his playing partner shot for shot and him more than three times his age
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 pm

i went for Matt Kuchar myself @ 35/1
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 am

Is that a son of Fred Couple's who's 2 off the pace shooting 66. Rolling Eyes Surely the original Fred must be 66 years of age by now.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Tiger hitting fairways with an accuracy once reserved for blond cocktail waitresses
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:10 pm

That gom Dustbin Johnson had this event in the bag, 2 clear of the field allegedly through 14 and staggered home from there conceding 5 or 6 to par. What a gimp. I'll be blasting off a missive to his agent seeking a refund of my €10 investment....

I don't have Sky Sports mainly because of it's affectation with soccerball. Any other channel have this "activity", for free of course.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:That gom Dustbin Johnson had this event in the bag, 2 clear of the field allegedly through 14 and staggered home from there conceding 5 or 6 to par. What a gimp. I'll be blasting off a missive to his agent seeking a refund of my €10 investment....

I don't have Sky Sports mainly because of it's affectation with soccerball. Any other channel have this "activity", for free of course.

BBC 5 live - the wireless to a man of your era
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 am

[quote="Boxtyeater"]That gom Dustbin Johnson had this event in the bag, 2 clear of the field allegedly through 14 and staggered home from there conceding 5 or 6 to par. What a gimp. I'll be blasting off a missive to his agent seeking a refund of my €10 investment....

I don't have Sky Sports mainly because of it's affectation with soccerball. Any other channel have this "activity", for free of course.[/quote

To be fair to dustin ms. Gretzky is an understandable distraction
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/wayne-gretzkys-daughter-is-the-talk-of-the-clubhouse-at-the-masters-866868-Apr2013/
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:14 pm

so Tiger has got away with his 'mistake' from yesterday and hasnt been disqualified. Was wondering was it the power of the big Sponsors who had resulted in the rules being slightly relaxed to keep him on board, especially after the young Guan lads penalty yesterday. Harrington was also disqualified for a similar faux pas not too long ago.

However it seems Tiger has benefited from recent rule change which means you cant be disqualified for something your unaware of or some crap like that.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

OMAR wrote:
To be fair to dustin ms. Gretzky is an understandable distraction
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/wayne-gretzkys-daughter-is-the-talk-of-the-clubhouse-at-the-masters-866868-Apr2013/

Gretzky showing why he was known as 'The great One'.

Tiger's offence was more Montgomerie-esque (blatant skullduggery) than Harrington-esque (innocent error). He cheated, admitted it, and was somehow absolved. If it was anyone else they would have been disqualified.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next