GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student work

5 posters

Go down

Student work Empty Student work

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Trying to sort any bit of work going left CV's everywhere applied for jobs online just does not to be going anywhere so scoopmine is broke! Anyone from tipster have any idea's for work or summer work where to apply etc!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Student work Empty Re: Student work

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

What is your area of expertise?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Third english and religion student. Finished teaching placement. Worked as a student banker,barman, sports shop assistant, labourer making concrete for buildings etc and coach kids underage with gaa got my award 1 coaching badge. Worked as a camp counciler in new jersey last summer. Plenty of stuff so il keep trying!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 pm

You need to be more specific here

A)Are you looking for

1) a summer Job 2) an evening/weekend job while at college 3) a rung on the career ladder

B) do you want to work at home and stay with mammy or where you are at college
c) have you got transport (bike or car)
d) Are you from an urban or rural background
e) if it is a work at home for the summer job - which end of the county

Anyway after all that - I'd suggest you look for an oppurtunity in a growth sector for Dynmaic self starters - where high performers are rewarded through performance based reumaration with overseas oppurtunities in a Multi tasked dynamic everchanging diversified sales environonment

ie
- Aldi or Lidl

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Can someone tell me is the title of this thread

a) an oxymoron, or
b) a paradox.

I always get the two mixed up.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Can someone tell me is the title of this thread

a) an oxymoron, or
b) a paradox.

I always get the two mixed up.

A contradiction?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 pm

God only knows lads!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Oxymoron vs Paradox

Many people see only a slight little difference between oxymoron and paradox. Most of the time they find it hard to make out a difference between the two terms. Even though there are no hard rules that separate oxymoron and paradox, one can come across many things that differentiate them.

While Paradox is a statement or a group of statements, oxymoron is a combination of two contradictory terms. Paradox is apparently a true statement leads to a situation that defies intuition.

Paradox consists of a whole sentence. Oxymoron on the other hand comes with only two words that contradicts itself. In simple words, Paradox is considered to be an action that is contradictory and oxymoron is a description of a phrase, which is contradictory.

Wile paradox can be seen as a phrase like “freedom is slavery”, oxymoron is only a combination of two contradictory words like “cold fire”.

The best way to understand if a figure of speech is oxymoron is to look if they come in two words. The first word and the second word used in oxymoron will have completely different meanings. The two words stand opposite to each other. Jumbo shrimp, military intelligence, icy hot and hottie-coldy are some of the examples of oxymoron. The dictionary defines oxymoron as a paradox reduced to two words (adjective-noun or adverb-adjective), which is used for giving more effect and emphasising contrasts.

Unlike paradox, oxymoron is a descriptive phrase containing two terms, which seem to be incongruent. Though the two words used in oxymoron seem to be contradictory, it gives a dramatic effect to the words.

Paradox is defined in the dictionary as a logic statement contradicting itself. It can also be said to be a sentence that is opposed to the common sense but yet can be true.

Unlike oxymoron, paradox uses many words, even a whole paragraph, to explain a thing. Paradox is a typically a true statement or a group of statements, which seems to lead to some contradiction. While the two words used in oxymoron is used for some dramatic effect and does not make any sense, a paradox statement that contains opposing elements when read together makes some sense.

Summary:
1.Paradox is a statement or a group of statements. Oxymoron is a combination of two contradictory terms.
2.Paradox consists of a whole sentence or a paragraph. Oxymoron on the other hand comes with only two words that contradicts itself.
3.Paradox is an action that is contradictory and oxymoron is a description of a phrase.

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Oxymoron: Student Work
Paradox - I didn't learn anything until I left college.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down