GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student rip off.

3 posters

Go down

Student rip off. Empty Student rip off.

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Just got the application for University today and they are charging £90.65 a week. That is £3,444 for a university year, however im not coming back to England for the summer because the Gaelic Football season has started. So put another £1100 on top of that, ill be able to get a mortgage and pay that instead!

Is that a fair price to charge a student?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Student rip off. Empty Re: Student rip off.

Post  rich dublin Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:50 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Just got the application for University today and they are charging £90.65 a week. That is £3,444 for a university year, however im not coming back to England for the summer because the Gaelic Football season has started. So put another £1100 on top of that, ill be able to get a mortgage and pay that instead!

ah sure its that or ye would P**s it against the wall!!! come to dublin and you will know all about high prices unless ofcource you head over JC side i think you can get places for very little over there!!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:56 pm

rich dublin wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Just got the application for University today and they are charging £90.65 a week. That is £3,444 for a university year, however im not coming back to England for the summer because the Gaelic Football season has started. So put another £1100 on top of that, ill be able to get a mortgage and pay that instead!

ah sure its that or ye would P**s it against the wall!!! come to dublin and you will know all about high prices unless ofcource you head over JC side i think you can get places for very little over there!!!!!

I could have went to Trinity but turned it down, all my family is up north. But in Dublin there are no tuition fees but the accomodation etc is a killer
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:59 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
rich dublin wrote:

I could have went to Trinity but turned it down, all my family is up north. But in Dublin there are no tuition fees but the accomodation etc is a killer

price of accomodation has come down alot in the ast 6 months, for example where you may have been paying 600 euro for a room before january it is now around 450 euro for the same room!!! and thats in close to town!!! there are so many places to rent that people are going into view places and making the landlord offers!!! its mad landlords are just glad to get someone in so will take these offerds a year ago they would have laughed you out the door!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:08 pm

rich dublin wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:
rich dublin wrote:

price of accomodation has come down alot in the ast 6 months, for example where you may have been paying 600 euro for a room before january it is now around 450 euro for the same room!!! and thats in close to town!!! there are so many places to rent that people are going into view places and making the landlord offers!!! its mad landlords are just glad to get someone in so will take these offerds a year ago they would have laughed you out the door!!!

f*** me, rent a room for that? I was renting out my 3 bedroom house in a nice development for £400 a month. I know Armagh is hardly going to be on a par with Dublin for expense but thats crazy. Students in Belfast would pay £200 at the very most a month. (And you get a St Paddy's day riot for that as well)

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

[/quote](And you get a St Paddy's day riot for that as well)[/quote]

Thats my exit day Razz
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 pm

ya thats the price allright, mad and thats sharing the house with 2-3 others. if you where to rent a house where i live say a 3 bed semi then your looking at 13-1500 a month!! then woth gas and electric and bin charges you are prob looking at around 1800 a month before you start on living!!!!!!!

thats whe way in rip of republic!!!!
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 pm

In fairness its worse for a Northerner to go to the South than a Southerner in the South because the exchange rate of the Euro is worth sweet Feck all. AI'm going on hols soon and changes £500 for 560 euro, thats ****.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Ripping off students should be encouraged and even incentivised. The more you rip them off the less money they have to drink and wreck places. And they kill less brain cells which should help them to get their certificates. Ripping off students is fine...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down