GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA Tipster AGM

+7
OMAR
bocerty
Grenvile
Joseff
Boxtyeater
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GAA Tipster AGM Empty GAA Tipster AGM

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 pm

What might happen at a GT AGM? Well it would have to be in Croke Park anyway.

Loyal would attempt a coup? RMD and mossbags would realise that they are long lost brothers? NSG would propose that you could not be a member if you were in the security forces? SamiP would arrive late - through the window on a mountain bike. Whiterbananas would be found in the GAA Museum - in a trance looking at Sam. Hurlingguru wouldn't arrive at all - sure how would a Carlowman know where Croker is! The goodie bags would be full of Bridget's Crosses and wooden carvings and other bric-a-brac - courtesy of Boxty.

What else would happen ........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

GAA Tipster AGM Empty Re: GAA Tipster AGM

Post  Shinners Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 pm

I hope that there aren't any motions passed Wink

The women of the site would take a vow of silence and serve all the men with hang sangiches and big flashks of tae then they would hoover the pitch to make sure its clean and tidy
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm truly insulted that I wasn't included Jason.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:05 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:I'm truly insulted that I wasn't included Jason.

You are 14 - too young to attend - sorry.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

You are 14 - too young to attend - sorry.

No I've been 15 since May. Same age as Hurlinguru.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 pm

You have to be 16 .... Laughing Hurlingguru couldn't find the place so we didn't have to send him home. But feel free to say what might have happened.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:You have to be 16 .... Laughing Hurlingguru couldn't find the place so we didn't have to send him home. But feel free to say what might have happened.

Nothing it would have been a load of crap without me. AGEISM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Nothing it would have been a load of crap without me. AGEISM

Leave Boxty and Patrique out of this ..........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Excluded under the licensing laws RG.....mention of said laws, don't expect any rounds of drink to be bought, hip flasks for the cognoscenti and tins of Dutch Gold in brown paper bags for the plebs.. the proceedings will probably be opened with a video/slide-show concerning matters pertaining to Dublin of a musical theme (Mullins, in a rare appearance will be your MC for this) Embarassed
Before this ends (set alarm clocks for circa 2hrs. 30 mins) attendees will be awoken by a top table invasion, where those who are familiar with these matters will attempt a few belts at whoever isn't flavour of the day... Razz

Carry on......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Excluded under the licensing laws RG......

No excluded because I'm too cool for the lot of ya

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

You and HG can start an Ógra GT ..... Boxty or one of the older guys like OMAR will drop in to address you all .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

You and HG can start an Ógra GT ..... Boxty or one of the older guys like OMAR will drop in to address you all .....

Noooo! Me in a room with a load of teenage lads by myself? I'm alright thanks I'll stay home and watch the late late

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:32 pm

I expect Black & White will bore the ***** out of us all while giving the financial report. At the bottom will be the biggest figure - somewhere in the €20K region - marked down as sundries. It will of course be his fee.

JS will provide us with cheap legal advice to see if we can extricate ourselves from the ever-increasing mound of legal cases caused by Joseff and mossbags posts ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 pm

TC and mulliins will sneak out onto the pitch from Hill16 thanks to mullins blow torch and re-enact Mugsy's goal and Peter Canavan's pick off the ground ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 pm

It's entirely possible that we would be in breach of some archaic law in the GAA constitution for being on the premises at all. We're probably not properly affiliated or affiliated to the wrong sub-section.
The Wexican will not of course, have to look this up, he knows all these regulations off by heart (if they are on his side of the argument, naturally)..GAA Tipster AGM Winkin13
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:45 pm

The address by Gregory Campbell - as arranged by Patrique - would be interesting ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:45 pm

I purpose a motion where we all invade other GAA forums to state how fantastic it is on this new GT forum.

None of them WUM's here, no young childer posting and no multiple accounts. Wink

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:03 pm

It's possible, but not probable, that the legendary GAAFan will join us by video link from the Cayman islands where he's probably downing cocktails and smoking large Cuban cigars on the grant money from the HSE....

Or am I confusing legendary with mythological here... confused
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Night begins well, putting faces to the names. Boxty instantly recognisable in the Aran Jumper and rolled down Wellington boots, Omar slightly red faced in the Tux mumbles something about misreading the dress code. Jayo (jesus he's a big lad) assumes a leadership role and advises us all to pay a visit to the bar before proceedings begin.
Mossbags swaggers in half an hour late telling anyone who'll listen that he got delayed at a meal with his new bird home (Nadia Forde) and that normally he doesn't go for expensive meals but Mr Sheedy (Liamo as he calls him) had got him a voucher to say thanks for all the advice for the final.
Sami is keeping the minutes of the meeting which show numerous interruptions by Patrique eventually resulting in a fracas between himself and Jim (mad to the formalities over with so he can get to the bar) which is eventually calmed down by Whiterbananas and Joseff (both rocks of sense away from cyberspace)
Things look dodgy for a while when the Guards stroll in sometime after 4am (room filled with smoke, Boxty singing Sean Nos as RG rolls her eyes, 6inarow and Clash taking it in turns to argue about Canning with Loyal, TC and Mullins, both three sheets to the wind, sharing a teary embrace and promising never to fight again, Triona and RKF playing Boc and Mugsy in a game of pool, the former pair accusing the latter of negative tactics, Larry showing everyone his passport with a big "I told you so" head on him) but a quick phonecall by PStG and it's all sorted.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Patrique would no doubt land with his Bodhran and sit in the corner all night playing with himself!!!!!!!!!! The annoying din of his attempt at being a musician would only be muffled by his shouts of Antrim being the most successful GAA county in Ireland
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 am

bocerty wrote:Patrique would no doubt land with his Bodhran and sit in the corner all night playing with himself!!!!!!!!!! The annoying din of his attempt at being a musician would only be muffled by his shouts of Antrim being the most successful GAA county in Ireland

Sadly our Northern Brethern would not be in attendance.
There is likely to be a 10 mile tailback at the M1 Toll Booth where Patrique is at the head of the queue engaging in a protest at the cashiers refusal to accept the queens shilling

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:17 am

Anyone up for a singsong at the end?

My suggestion is a hummed performance of the Lichenstein national anthem.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:33 pm

I'd watch it on the box in a pub in Birmingham!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 pm

6inarow wrote:I'd watch it on the box in a pub in Birmingham!

Vaughans with the Mitchels boys by any chance?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Night begins well, putting faces to the names. Boxty instantly recognisable in the Aran Jumper and rolled down Wellington boots, Omar slightly red faced in the Tux mumbles something about misreading the dress code. Jayo (jesus he's a big lad) assumes a leadership role and advises us all to pay a visit to the bar before proceedings begin.
Mossbags swaggers in half an hour late telling anyone who'll listen that he got delayed at a meal with his new bird home (Nadia Forde) and that normally he doesn't go for expensive meals but Mr Sheedy (Liamo as he calls him) had got him a voucher to say thanks for all the advice for the final.
Sami is keeping the minutes of the meeting which show numerous interruptions by Patrique eventually resulting in a fracas between himself and Jim (mad to the formalities over with so he can get to the bar) which is eventually calmed down by Whiterbananas and Joseff (both rocks of sense away from cyberspace)
Things look dodgy for a while when the Guards stroll in sometime after 4am (room filled with smoke, Boxty singing Sean Nos as RG rolls her eyes, 6inarow and Clash taking it in turns to argue about Canning with Loyal, TC and Mullins, both three sheets to the wind, sharing a teary embrace and promising never to fight again, Triona and RKF playing Boc and Mugsy in a game of pool, the former pair accusing the latter of negative tactics, Larry showing everyone his passport with a big "I told you so" head on him) but a quick phonecall by PStG and it's all sorted.

Good stuff. Nadia is pretty sweet but her accent would do your head in
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down