GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Disapointment....

3 posters

Go down

Biggest Disapointment.... Empty Biggest Disapointment....

Post  JimWexford Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 am

Has to be Aussie rules have been at a few games now, Geelong Essedon, and Brisbanev Carlton and expected better things maybe it because they are only round 1 and 2 games I don't know. All I can say is our games have nothing to fear except that the Aussies are reverting to the round ball in 4 years already doing it at underage.
They are no where near as accurate with the oval ball asthey make out. O halpin is as good as any of them as well.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Biggest Disapointment.... Empty Re: Biggest Disapointment....

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 am

Totally agree Jim. All straight line running and kicking, and the oval ball can make it look like a crowd of children chasing after a chicken at times. Gaelic football is a far more varied and entertaining game.

Check out some NRL games when you are there. Much more excitement in those.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am

If you go out to compare Gaelic football and Aussie Rules then you will be disappointed. They are 2 completely different games and each should be taken on their own merits as comparing the 2 is like comparing Rugby and Americian Football!!!

Aussie Rules is a brilliant game that i have been lucky enough to play both in Australia and in the UK. I played at a decent level over there (roughly 3 divisions below the pros) and loved every second of it. It is a technical, physical game and i would like to see anyone try and kick the oval ball half as accurate as them when they are just about to be pummelled!! If you play it, you will realise just how fit you have to be to play it, at any level!!!

Setanta played ok against Brisbane but you really need to watch more games before you make a judgement like "he's as good as any of them". His record score in a game is 4 goals, you can hardly compare him to the likes of Fevola, Jon Brown or Riewoldt just yet.

While our games may have nothing to worry about (like all indigneous sports really) it is a professional sport and will be the biggest threat to our games for a long time to come.

I've seen Aussie rules players over here adapt easily to Gaelic Football, but Gaelic Footballers really struggle to adapt to Aussie Rules, and Aussie Rules players bring a lot to Gaelic trainings with their level of intensity for the whole session and their off the ball running is just brilliant.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:16 pm

bald eagle wrote:If you go out to compare Gaelic football and Aussie Rules then you will be disappointed. They are 2 completely different games and each should be taken on their own merits as comparing the 2 is like comparing Rugby and Americian Football!!!

Aussie Rules is a brilliant game that i have been lucky enough to play both in Australia and in the UK. I played at a decent level over there (roughly 3 divisions below the pros) and loved every second of it. It is a technical, physical game and i would like to see anyone try and kick the oval ball half as accurate as them when they are just about to be pummelled!! If you play it, you will realise just how fit you have to be to play it, at any level!!!

Setanta played ok against Brisbane but you really need to watch more games before you make a judgement like "he's as good as any of them". His record score in a game is 4 goals, you can hardly compare him to the likes of Fevola, Jon Brown or Riewoldt just yet.

While our games may have nothing to worry about (like all indigneous sports really) it is a professional sport and will be the biggest threat to our games for a long time to come.

I've seen Aussie rules players over here adapt easily to Gaelic Football, but Gaelic Footballers really struggle to adapt to Aussie Rules, and Aussie Rules players bring a lot to Gaelic trainings with their level of intensity for the whole session and their off the ball running is just brilliant.

BE have followed it for years (albeit highlights on a tv). Havin sen a couple of games in ther flesh (they take over 2 hours to complete ) it is not as good as game as I thought. Have to agree TC rugby league a great game maybe even more superior than union but a fast game too boot.
Hopefully back to see Loch Garman in another national final wonder where Cavan are!!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down