GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods return

+2
bald eagle
Jayo Cluxton
6 posters

Go down

Tiger Woods return Empty Tiger Woods return

Post  Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Tiger Woods returns to competitive golf next week at the Masters. I can't see him settling down and winning again for a long time, considering the goings-on over the past few months. Although, he can work well under pressure, as per the knee injury! The focus that will be on him next week will take huge pressure off the other golfers. Harrington has already stated this in the Indo today. Harrington himself on good form at the Shell Houston Open. I'm very much looking forward to the Masters, and of course, the much anticipated return of Eldrick!

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods return Empty Re: Tiger Woods return

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:19 am

He's just gonna have to ride with it I reckon.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:He's just gonna have to ride with it I reckon.

Yep he just has to deal with and stay focussed hole by hole

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Really can't wait for the masters to start now, going to be a great weekend for sport with that and the Aintree Festival on from Thursday too!!!

Golf really needs Tiger back and i for one am glad he is! It's going to be a great tournament to watch and i'm hoping the Hobbit does well too!!

Who'll be the favourites going into this? Poulter will be a tough one to beat and seems really focused to me and is playing some great stuff......pity about the threads though!!!

Off work for another week and a half so gonna try and get few rounds of Golf in before the good times end!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I have a feeling that Paul Casey could win this week. Has a good record at Augusta, without ever really challenging, and is in good recent form. Hasn't been winning tournaments but has been consistently in the top 10 most weeks. He is where my money will be going. Might also look at Retief Goosen, who has done well there in the past and has been coming back into tform over the last couple of months.

Outside of that, Els has a fabulous Masters record, but may have peaked a bit too early, while Kim must also be a threat after last week. Poulter perhaps as, like Casey, his record there has been very respectable.

Woods' form in practice was poor apparently, while Mickleson has been off colour all year, Cabrerra the same. Stricker & Westwood have never done much at Augusta.

Villegas has the talent, but probably not enough experience.

Casey, for me, with Goosen to go well also.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Paddy might be worth a few bob. You just never know with him especially if he can beat his greatest nemesis .... himself.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Paddy might be worth a few bob. You just never know with him especially if he can beat his greatest nemesis .... himself.

It's not beyond him Jayo, and would be nice to see an Irish victory, North or South, but I'd be suprised if Paddy wins it. As you say, his biggest battle is so often with his head, and he hasn't won a tournament in almost 2 years now. Normally goes quite well at Augusta though, so here's hoping.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Bermuda_Bomber Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Pretty good analysis TC. Also looking to have a tidy E/W bet on Charl Schwartzel with the form he's in, Justin Leonard who always seems to be there or thereabouts at the Masters, and/or Chad Campbell for the same reason. Leonard is 125/1 on PP, Campbell 80/1, would be a happy man if either come in top 5! Going to stay clear of an emotional bet on Paddy, can't see it and it's all about the money! Tiger Woods return Icon_twisted
Bermuda_Bomber
Bermuda_Bomber
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Meath
Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Harrington has a very good chance. His eagle the last day was just fantastic. I read an interview he did the last day in the Indo, and he said that he felt a lot of the pressure was taken off him now that Woods was back in the loop-all the attention would be focused on him. Of course, psychology is as much a part of golf as physicality is, and Harrington can be weakened by that some of the time. I was speaking to a man a few weeks ago when I was golfing and he said to me, if you hit a bad shot, don't get bogged down with the negatives-because there is no point continuing with the game. Confidence is the key in golf.

I can't see Woods getting anywhere, but he usually has a few surprises up his sleeves. I'm not a betting woman, but if I was to have a flutter I'd say he won't make the cut.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm

My 3 for the masters would be Furyk, Fisher and Cink.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:I can't see Woods getting anywhere, but he usually has a few surprises up his sleeves. I'm not a betting woman, but if I was to have a flutter I'd say he won't have the snip.

Fixed Essie.... Tiger Woods return Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down