GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

+10
mullins
Grenvile
mossbags
OMAR
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
black&white
KerryKatriona
Boxtyeater
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:27 am

Upon a closer inspection of the day's postings,I'm glad and happy in my own oul' routine...
Good 16/20 lb.craw fed turkeys find their own weight/value around the Christmas time.....

Boxty, having done vaerios deaks in a post Abbeuy Baer scenario, some of the hors are still heree, finds this an all rightm occasion...

Neighbours/Vilians/Scallyyars...al with cash on the hip....Fook, me this free ramng tuidkey thing id money fr old rope...

PS..Jayo..the ol nee...bottle od medicine to rub omtop it..mixerd withn olliove oil...

Dan the Dauber wants to register from herer...No way Can.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Empty Re: Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West.

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Upon a closer inspection of the day's postings,I'm glad and happy in my own oul' routine...
Good 16/20 lb.craw fed turkeys find their own weight/value around the Christmas time.....

Boxty, having done vaerios deaks in a post Abbeuy Baer scenario, some of the hors are still heree, finds this an all rightm occasion...

Neighbours/Vilians/Scallyyars...al with cash on the hip....Fook, me this free ramng tuidkey thing id money fr old rope...

PS..Jayo..the ol nee...bottle od medicine to rub omtop it..mixerd withn olliove oil...

Jaysus Boxty there is some difference in the standard of post there at 2ish (crying over turkeys) and this later offering at 4.27am. I am guessing you were not drinking coffee during the 2 hour interval. You are getting worser (Dublinese) than Moss for these early am interventions ......

ps Can ya get me one of those free ramng tuidkeys for Xmas ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:38 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Upon a closer inspection of the day's postings,I'm glad and happy in my own oul' routine...

Jaysus Boxty there is some difference in the standard of post there at 2ish (crying over turkeys) and this later offering at 4.27am. I am guessing you were not drinking coffee during the 2 hour interval. You are getting worser (Dublinese) than Moss for these early am interventions ......

ps Can ya get me one of those free ramng tuidkeys for Xmas ....

eat your heart out Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 am

bocerty wrote:[eat your heart out Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well called Bocerty....I looked at it for a while and said "Let her fly"....Do I win the award????..Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Smiley26
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Well called Bocerty....I looked at it for a while and said "Let her fly"....Do I win the award????..Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Smiley26

It might require the creation of a new award but you are a shoo in for it anyway lol!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks RMD...Happy Christmas BTW to you and yours.... santa
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Mind you it was your most sensible post in ages ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm

Was Boxty's secret fluency of the Welsh language known to many? Razz

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Boxty you have been entered into the GT Hall of Fame, so far only yourself and Jim are members - though strictly speaking Jim's award was not for services to GT so you are the first bona fide GT member.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I have until tomorrow to what I feel is "snap up" 100 sets of LED Christmas lights at €1,250 perhaps €1k for cash.
These are boxes of 240 lights (50 multi-coloured and 50 bright white, both multi effect) and sell, or were selling, around the €39.99 mark.
Any reason why I shouldn't grab these? Granted, this Christmas is over but one must take the longer view in this matter..
Even knocking them out at €35 per box over the year would turn €2.5k profit and who knows I might shift a scatter of them yet before New Year.

Advice please, but unless there's no electricity nationally at the end of 2011, what could go wrong.... Question
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I have until tomorrow to what I feel is "snap up" 100 sets of LED Christmas lights at €1,250 perhaps €1k for cash.
These are boxes of 240 lights (50 multi-coloured and 50 bright white, both multi effect) and sell, or were selling, around the €39.99 mark.
Any reason why I shouldn't grab these? Granted, this Christmas is over but one must take the longer view in this matter..
Even knocking them out at €35 per box over the year would turn €2.5k profit and who knows I might shift a scatter of them yet before New Year.

Advice please, but unless there's no electricity nationally at the end of 2011, what could go wrong.... Question

SOLAR POWER LED CHRISTMAS LIGHTS are the future boxty keep your money in your phoca..if your loking for anything cheap PM me..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I have until tomorrow to what I feel is "snap up" 100 sets of LED Christmas lights at €1,250 perhaps €1k for cash.

GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:27 pm

OMAR wrote:[____________________
IF the greens win an overall majority there could be a ban on non essential lighting

That's the Green light from you I take it so....I'll keep you in mind for next year given that the business is concluded....A ton shy of €1k.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 pm

You should have no bother shifting them locally .... if ye get the electricity in Leitrim before next Xmas .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 pm

My old buddy Gunner Scollan is now gainfully employed as a storeman in a large DIY store in Longford. Unfortunately for them, they had a series of burst pipes on St.Stephen's Day, rendering a large amount of stock being water damaged......Gunner conspiratorially informed me (by hushed phone call initially and later over a lock of creamy ones) that all of this (flooring, lawn mowers, wallpaper, tiles, paint etc.) was now for the skip and would cost a right few shekels to dispose of....

The Dauber and myself ventured that way this morning in Daubers Land Cruiser with large trailer in tow and took on 4 pallets of top quality floor tiles, in a venture needing 2 trips and the use of a 2nd. trailer. Having borrowed a compressor and heater from another source, this unexpected windfall is drying out in one of Boxty's sheds as we speak....The Cranes have been put on notice for an early start to 2011 to sort the entire lot out and Gunner's figures of 64 boxes per pallet at €24.99 per box yields circa €6.4k leaves room for manoeuvre...Dauber reckons 258 (64X4) meters of tiles @ €15 a meter comes to €3,840.....He's not far out....

Finding markets for these may take time, but that's what the New Year is for......Meanwhile, as the drying process hums away merrily, Boxty is about to depart for the comforting enviorns of the Abbey Bar, where he shall forcefeed Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Food-s28 into the awaiting mouths of Gunner and Dauber and who knows, but we may visit Prior's noble hostelry in the town before 2010 is out.....

Bring on 2011 and God bless Jack Frost is the shout from the West....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Boxty lidl have christmas lights in for next year....get down and get some before theyre gone and when theyre gone ....theyre gone. And boxty have a good one Ill be drunken on fanta probably drinking away the problems of the all ireland talent show and grainne seoiges hair
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

What is a lidl...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Empty FAO Jayo......

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:12 am

Boxty is about to depart for the comforting enviorns of the Abbey Bar, where he shall forcefeed into the awaiting mouths of Gunner and Dauber and who knows, but we may visit Prior's noble hostelry in the town before 2010 is out........Signs of economic recovery (Green shoots) spotted in West. - Page 5 Food-s29 X 6

Cracker photos on the walls here....One for you, is of a former Dublin legend, Charlie Redmond, in Prior's, surrounded by a host of very drunken members of the Aughawillian club on the evening after the Connacht final of 1994....
Little did we know then, that his 15 step carry for the first goal in the subsequent semi-final would derail our hopes.
In the spirit of the New Year and Dublin's dearth of success since then almost, I didn't suggest having it removed....All good I hope...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:17 am

Boxtyeater wrote:What is a lidl...

The opposite of a lot.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Economic recovery my ****.

The only hope is all the deadwood will emigrate and the government will cut the welfare that goes to those who don't deserve it. I'm sick of bloody farmers pulling every trick in the book with their "grants" and so on. Bloody hell, there are some of us who don't qualify for any form of grant because we are at the wrong side of the threshold, and we never even see 42% of what we "earn". Meanwhile the sneering old farmers tell as many lies as possible and the government cut the costs of their childer to be put through college. Also, useless foreigners come over here and clog up our dole offices and are for some reason given medical cards that us Irish citizens aren't entitled to. What kind of country are we at all? We've repeatedly been screwed over by these lying, evil politicians with their fancy cars and five star meals. Not to mention their bloody expenses. Not a day goes by without hearing the phrases "job losses", "bailout", "NAMA" or any of that depressing stuff. Then we can't deal with problems like cold snaps without all hell breaking loose, public transport going haywire and water shortages that would make the Sudanese laugh.

This country is a joke.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Larry Murphy wrote:Economic recovery my ****.

The only hope is all the deadwood will emigrate and the government will cut the welfare that goes to those who don't deserve it. I'm sick of bloody farmers pulling every trick in the book with their "grants" and so on. Bloody hell, there are some of us who don't qualify for any form of grant because we are at the wrong side of the threshold, and we never even see 42% of what we "earn". Meanwhile the sneering old farmers tell as many lies as possible and the government cut the costs of their childer to be put through college. Also, useless foreigners come over here and clog up our dole offices and are for some reason given medical cards that us Irish citizens aren't entitled to. What kind of country are we at all? We've repeatedly been screwed over by these lying, evil politicians with their fancy cars and five star meals. Not to mention their bloody expenses. Not a day goes by without hearing the phrases "job losses", "bailout", "NAMA" or any of that depressing stuff. Then we can't deal with problems like cold
snaps without all hell breaking loose, public transport going haywire and water
shortages that would make the Sudanese laugh.

This country is a joke.

The farmer has cheated his way around the place with their grants since Ireland joined the EU. The job as a fisherman would then rapidly fall and destroy the whole fishing sector as the spanish can now come into waters that would be ours with huge oppourtunities for the fisherman and in return the farmer got huge funding schemes etc.
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:57 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:[

The farmer has cheated his way around the place with their grants since Ireland joined the EU.

Libellous, you are putting the forum in grave jeopardy with such remarks.....So you don't eat meat, use milk, butter bread.......................Cop on.

Only for the agri-sector ye'd all be dead from malnutrition.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:[

The farmer has cheated his way around the place with their grants since Ireland joined the EU.

Libellous, you are putting the forum in grave jeopardy with such remarks.....So you don't eat meat, use milk, butter bread.......................Cop on.

Only for the agri-sector ye'd all be dead from malnutrition.

Did i say that i have problems with his produce? Smile Maybe cheated is too strong of word ...look the fact is that the farmers scheme of funding by the EU which was obviously negotiated by the government ruined and in the future then would destroy the entirety of the fishing sector in Ireland
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

2 quick comments...
Are cows self milking or is fodder self saving?
Does grass grow in the required abundance of it's own freewill?

You must be some sort of urbanised young lad who turns on the tap and Hey Presto, there's water......Agricultural matters aren't quite the same I'm sad to report.
Livestock management today is akin to breeding pedigree dogs, the costs are huge..Nutrients for beast and grass and supplies of both aren't funded by the PPS no...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:2 quick comments...
Are cows self milking or is fodder self saving?
Does grass grow in the required abundance of it's own freewill?

You must be some sort of urbanised young lad who turns on the tap and Hey Presto, there's water......Agricultural matters aren't quite the same I'm sad to report.
Livestock management today is akin to breeding pedigree dogs, the costs are huge..Nutrients for beast and grass and supplies of both aren't funded by the PPS no...

See Boxty, you make good points.
But, it's farmers like you that are a complete waste to the economy.

People running small, barely profitable farms (often not even profitable) in disadvantaged areas (i.e Leitrim)
You boxty have a cow for milk, chicken for eggs and a few pigs/geese for meat.
Few other oul dying looking livestock in an overcrowed field all year round.

Small farm, under 50 acres. Wasting your time pulling cracked wellies through the shyte.

Claiming grants off the Eu is the only was that Boxty can feed his drinking habbit and shyte spluttering.

All farm's under 50 acres should be taken off the owner, and the owner threw in a old fokes home, where they can listen to the likes of Fester and Allen in peace.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

Last edited by Joseff on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BAH HUMBUG !)
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next