GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donegal players

+5
mugsys_barber
mullins
mossbags
RMDrive
Swinford2009
9 posters

Go down

Donegal players Empty Donegal players

Post  Swinford2009 Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Donegal players getting dropped from the county panel for 'Disciplinary Reasons'. its about time DOnegal got a manager who had the balls to drop players for this reason. almost every year some Donegal player seems to be breaking the rules laid down by the management but never gets punished. maybe now we are going to see a different Donegal team emerge in the coming years.....still dont have the players to win an All-Ireland though Very Happy
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Donegal players Empty Re: Donegal players

Post  RMDrive Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Swinford2009 wrote:Donegal players getting dropped from the county panel for 'Disciplinary Reasons'. its about time DOnegal got a manager who had the balls to drop players for this reason. almost every year some Donegal player seems to be breaking the rules laid down by the management but never gets punished. maybe now we are going to see a different Donegal team emerge in the coming years.....still dont have the players to win an All-Ireland though Very Happy

Dropping players was never the problem. We have had players dropped every year for the last few years. Some would say that the problem is that those players are allowed back into the panel; I say the problem is that the players are breaking the rules in the first place.
It's really disheartening being a Donegal man at the moment. All I want is to see my county represented with pride and passion. I am realistic enough to know our place in the football pecking order so AI's are never in my mind. Yet for year after year now it's the off the pitch stuff that dominates the summer. The thought of jumping in the car on Sat for the 3 hour drive isn't very appealing TBH. It's a long time since I've felt this low about the county team.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Chin up RMD, Sure arn't Donegal the Mckenna cup champions 2009 Laughing A handy draw against Carlow might be just the thing to get Donegals year back up and running. Can see them doing some real damage in the qualifiers if they get the breaks
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

See Mullins has joined the Donegal under 21 panel....Discuss Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

He was born in Donegal so is only playing for his county of birth.....
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:06 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:He was born in Donegal so is only playing for his county of birth.....

Suppose at least i got to train with the county of my birth--Would i play for them never Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:He was born in Donegal so is only playing for his county of birth.....

Mugsy quick of the mark -are you related to mullins
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 pm

I can't say I'm related to the mullins family, I happened to see a small snippett in one of the papers that he has declared for Donegal having not been selected for this years U21's in Dublin. Is there much football in him or is he just like the father??
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 pm

mullins wrote:

Suppose at least i got to train with the county of my birth--Would i play for them never Very Happy

May I ask where was your county of birth then Mullins, I suspect Meath with the tone of your response!!!
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:I can't say I'm related to the mullins family, I happened to see a small snippett in one of the papers that he has declared for Donegal having not been selected for this years U21's in Dublin. Is there much football in him or is he just like the father??

If he's anything like the father Donegals future will be green..Mugsy don't know a lot about him lately,but at underage people had high hopes for him..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
mullins wrote:

May I ask where was your county of birth then Mullins, I suspect Meath with the tone of your response!!!

London Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 pm

I remember Plunkett Donaghy up against Brian Mullins back in '84, I know the Dubs ran out handy winners but Donaghy gave Mullins his fill of it that day. He was as strong as an Ox though and in his prime he would have been an asset to any team. I met the man once and found him to be a pleasant enough guy.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:29 pm

mullins wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:
mullins wrote:

London Rolling Eyes

West Brit Laughing
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Is there much football in him or is he just like the father??

Whoa there boss!!! Whoa! Danish cartoonists and Salman Rushdie have got in lots of trouble for far less profanities! Smile

Btw Mugsy - When you saw him in '84 he had already been mangled in a car crash in 1980 and was lucky to walk again - never mind kick a football! And had won a Sam in '83 ... some man for one man!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 am

Mullins snr was playing junior/Intermediate championship in the early nineties - Although our pre leaving cert wing backs had him for pace he had other ways of "turning over" possession

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

Mullins Snr was an all-time great. As a young man he had everything you would want in a midfielder, but it was his leadership that perhaps shone most brightly.

After the car crash he was only a shadow of what he had been yet, as Jayo says, still came back to win another all-ireland.

He would be on my 'best of' selection for the last 40 years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Is there much football in him or is he just like the father??

Whoa there boss!!! Whoa! Danish cartoonists and Salman Rushdie have got in lots of trouble for far less profanities! Smile

Btw Mugsy - When you saw him in '84 he had already been mangled in a car crash in 1980 and was lucky to walk again - never mind kick a football! And had won a Sam in '83 ... some man for one man!

I totally agree with what you and TC have said about Brian Mullins, That post was only written in jest to provoke a reaction from "our Mullins". Na truthfully Brian Mullins was one of the all time greats of gaelic football. tá brón orm Smile

(Now please could you use your influence to get this crowd of book burning fanatics dispersed from outside my gate - Ta Wink )
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 am

mugsys_barber wrote:(Now please could you use your influence to get this crowd of book burning fanatics dispersed from outside my gate - Ta Wink )

Will have a word! But to me B Mullins epitomises all thats good in the GAA and amateur sport. I was in Cork for the 83 replay and there was two poseurs behind us with the girlfriend (think they only had the one between them - but thats Cork meanness for ya!)

First ball Mullins got one of them shouts - Mullins ya dirty ******* etc etc. There were two 40 something guys beside us - with their sons (one each unlike Cork girlfriends!) - daycent sorts. One of them plants an elbow in Cork man's ribs telling him to more or less have a bit of respect for a GAA legend. Quietness ensued! After a while the Dub turned to the guy and apologised - but said he saw red when people just roared abuse at BM cos of who he was. Legend ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

I totally agree with what you and TC have said about Brian Mullins, That post was only written in jest to provoke a reaction from "our Mullins". Na truthfully Brian Mullins was one of the all time greats of gaelic football. tá brón orm Smile

(Now please could you use your influence to get this crowd of book burning fanatics dispersed from outside my gate - Ta Wink )

You must try harder.. Shocked
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm

See if I was born in Omagh could I play for tyrone? I thought you had to play for the county where your club is in?
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down