GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Managers v Players

3 posters

Go down

Managers v Players Empty Managers v Players

Post  mullins Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 pm

This really annoys me why when players fall out with the Manager

Last edited by mullins on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Managers v Players Empty Re: Managers v Players

Post  Dr.Shephard Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am

I agree that players should always give their all for their county/club regardless of their opinions of the manager.
I have had managers at club level (one in particular who I absolutely hated) who gave off a bad vibe and were only good for giving out and criticising.
While playing under a manager like this most I still always gave everything I had whilst on the pitch but I never enjoyed it. I went through one season where I hated almost every minute of it. It was like a chore going to training or a match, it felt more like something that I had to do rather than something I wanted to do.
I know that a large proportion of my team mates felt the same.
We all still put in a huge effort but we never really clicked during that particulsr season and most agreed that we weren't up for it for the big games like we had been in other years.
When this is the case I really do feel that the only thing to do is replace the manager.
If I was managing a team and I sensed that I was despised by a large group of oplayers I would imeediately step down or at the very least hold a "clear the air meeting" to see if there was any way of rectifying the situation.

However with large ammounts of money involved, even at club level, it is quite unlikely that most managers would relinquish their extra income without a fight.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:45 am

Mullins, I can see were your coming from with this topic and there are glaring examples of situations when players threw the toys out of the pram when they put one's self in front of one's manager and team. Two names immedietely spring to mind are Pad bradley and Cj McGourty who when dropped from the starting 15 and quickly threw the hissy fit.

Compare this to 2008 when two Tyrone legends Kevin Hughes and Eoin Mulligan sat most of the year on the bench before both waited patiently to appear for Tyrone in the AI final in 2008 to assist Tyrone in becoming the team of the decade. It all boils down to loyalty at the end of the day some guys are clearly just loyal to oneself instead of the manager or the TEAM.

A wise man once said there is no "I" in team. Together everyone achieves more.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 pm

yes mugsy that is the main core of why tyrone were so successful the players had huge respect for each other and the management team , oh and also a huge amount of talent and they dont seem to suffer with superstar syndrome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down