GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers

5 posters

Go down

All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers Empty All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers

Post  The Puke Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Just thinking I presume the Clare 1995 side has now produced 5 Intercounty managers in Cyril, Lyons, Anthony Daly, Davy Fitz, Ger O'Loughlin and Ollie Baker.

Any other all ireland winning team produce as many I/C managers?
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers Empty Re: All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 am

The Puke wrote:Just thinking I presume the Clare 1995 side has now produced 5 Intercounty managers in Cyril, Lyons, Anthony Daly, Davy Fitz, Ger O'Loughlin and Ollie Baker.

Any other all ireland winning team produce as many I/C managers?

Probably not, but there agin', how many of them have had success at the top level......

This whole Clare thing is becoming nauseating....deValera, Gerlock, Cliffs of Moher, Dr.Bamjee, Shannon (Sharon and the Kip) the Burren, Davy Fitz, Lisdoonvarna, Pat Fitz, the Puke, Michael D, Clonlara.....................

All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers Smiley25
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers Empty Re: All Ireland Winning teams that produced managers

Post  The Puke Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 am

Cork team of 84 that won the A/I would have had Donal O'Grady, JBM, John Meylor and possibly Bertie Og Murphy.

The limerick side of 73 would have had a few as well, both Phil and Richie Bennis, Blondey, think Tom Ryan was also a sub on the team. Joe McKenna would be another which would make 5
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:00 am

Jim McGuinness, John Joe Doherty, Declan Bonner, Martin McHugh, Charlie Mulgrew.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:09 am

Armagh

McGeeney and McNulty

GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 pm

The Puke wrote:Cork team of 84 that won the A/I would have had Donal O'Grady, JBM, John Meylor and possibly Bertie Og Murphy.

The limerick side of 73 would have had a few as well, both Phil and Richie Bennis, Blondey, think Tom Ryan was also a sub on the team. Joe McKenna would be another which would make 5

The thing about John Myler is that he’s a Wexford man and his attitude towards the players ( even though he wasn’t even the manager) was probably one of the causes of the first Cork strike.
What about which manager has managed most other counties? Mick O’Dwyer would probably win hands down there – and it seems, he may not be finished yet!
Scorpio
Scorpio
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down