GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

players choice

+3
bocerty
RMDrive
SamiPremier08
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

players choice Empty players choice

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:52 pm

well we got a new manager a while ago and the manager has told a few of us elder lemons that were basically not wanted , even though we are better than some of the young players that have come through his attitude is he is building a team for the future and we wont be there in five years , so he wants us to drop down to the junior team the problem is they are in a low low division and if we went down and played it would not be fair on the lads there , the problem is another club have heard what is happening and have asked us to join them for next season they are in the league under my team , see i have played for this club since i was 5 and now some blow in has basically said thanks but no thanks there is the second team and there is the gate the choice is yours , i am going on a bit butso what would you lads do

Back to top Go down

players choice Empty Re: players choice

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:57 pm

I'd tell your new manager to **** off
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:I'd tell your new manager to **** off

Spot on. Then come join my club's senior team.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I'd go down to junior and win it then kidnap him and set him up in a "Saw"-like scenario using Rua's badger catching methods.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:I'd tell your new manager to **** off

i'd agree Sami - who the f**k does he think he is asshole
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 pm

RMDrive wrote:I'd go down to junior and win it then kidnap him and set him up in a "Saw"-like scenario using Rua's badger catching methods.

Right i have the Van RMD- the scanner and the two way radio whats next...What tiger will we use to watch the managers movements.. players choice Icon_question
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 pm

The manager may be right to build for the future but from what you've said it sounds like it could have handled it better maybe keeping the older lads on the bench.

All I know is that there was a great hurling club in Galway who persisted with the older lads for years and had good young players who played minor for the county and never got a run for the club even when they were winning well. After 2-3 years sitting on the bench they all packed it in, now all the older players have retired and they are left with an average enough set of players.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

the older lads should just be allowed to stay and compete for their places, if they're good enough then they should get their place on the team. That's how it works.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:48 pm

This could be a case for the GPA players choice Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 pm

the best solution mullins would be to let him have his way and develop his younger team - get your older lads together and offer them a challenge game. And then absolutely hammer them. Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah you and the other older lads should form your own team like a superhero crime fighting team of sorts. March into training one day and tell the manager that you's are the senior team now and he can get the boat. Allow the younger lads to join your superhero crime fighting senior team if they wish and you could take over as superhero-crime-fighting-player/manager.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Very shortsighted by this guy - and rude. Surely guys of your experience will be useful to him going forward hipster - and ye are probably all good club men - and would be a huge asset to the young lads - in training, at matches and even in the dressing room. Whoever 'hired' him should take a look at whats happening here. It is an incredibly stupid and risky strategy by him. There is no guarantee his mentoring of youth will ensure success. Probability and precedent says he won't do it.

I appreciate you probably don't want to say much more re teams but am surprised at the 'gap' in firsts and seconds in your club. Are firsts top Div senior? I am actually beginning to work out who this might be now come to think of it.... (Are any of the new lads 'imports' ????
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

i am not in that club jayo , its a messy situation so we shall see what happens but we wont be running back when they are in trouble and the other club seems a tempting choice

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 pm

hipster wrote:i am not in that club jayo , its a messy situation so we shall see what happens but we wont be running back when they are in trouble and the other club seems a tempting choice

hipster there is no point crying about it on here your over the hill get over it -you'll be getting your free bus pass soon players choice Icon_twisted
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:21 pm

mullins wrote:
hipster wrote:i am not in that club jayo , its a messy situation so we shall see what happens but we wont be running back when they are in trouble and the other club seems a tempting choice

hipster there is no point crying about it on here your over the hill get over it -you'll be getting your free bus pass soon players choice Icon_twisted

Bit harsh there mullins don't ya think?

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

No players choice Icon_eek
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

He was only joking!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:42 pm

mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

Well I do and I'm never wrong Very Happy

And I know he's only messing. You lot take me too seriously..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:57 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

Well I do and I'm never wrong Very Happy

And I know he's only messing. You lot take me too seriously..

No, it was just unclear from your post! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:No, it was just unclear from your post! Smile

Sorry! I'll do better next time I promise!

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Your both wrong in serious players choice Icon_twisted
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 pm

mullins wrote:Your both wrong in serious players choice Icon_twisted

Well is he'll be getting his free bus pass soon then you can't be too far behind him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:No, it was just unclear from your post! Smile

Sorry! I'll do better next time I promise!

Not at all RoyalGirl, sure I was only messin' with ya! You take me too seriously! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:

Well is he'll be getting his free bus pass soon then you can't be too far behind him Smile

I have accepted my faith he won't... players choice Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:07 pm

mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:

I have accepted my faith he won't... players choice Icon_biggrin

Nothing wrong with holding on to something you love Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next