GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underrated Players

3 posters

Go down

Underrated Players Empty Underrated Players

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Taggy Fogarty - Has to be the most underrated hurler of all time. Surely his contribution to Kilkenny hurling has been greater than King Henrys these past two years, yet when people think of Taggy, they only think of his great performance in the final of 2007.

Paddy Keenan - Best midfielder in the country for the last 3 seasons. He has carried Louth on accasions and now with Ronan Carroll hitting form and young White doing well too, maybe Keenan will get the assistance he badly needs in Louth.

Seamus Kenny - Smallest man on the Meath team but the biggest in heart. In fact, he's probably our best player.

Gerry O'Grady - Corner backs do not come much better than O'Grady. He is an integral part to Clare's chances in 2009.

Any other players out there who don't get the recognition they deserve?

Back to top Go down

Underrated Players Empty Re: Underrated Players

Post  mid-mon man Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

What about wee Jinxy Loyal? Thought he was one of your favourites!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah Gollogly in there too, MMM.

Very under-rated player. Key to Monaghan's chances in 2009.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri May 08, 2009 3:32 pm

He'll certainly be key in the first game anyway Loyal. He's was excellent in the two Derry games over the last two years, and hopefully he can keep it up on a fortnight from Sunday!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Davy Harte is a player who seems to come in for a lot of criticism from Tyrone fans - a lot think he is a weak link in half back line and someone who can be easily exploited. Have to say though his contribution in terms of scores is invaluable - his work rate and all round play would be welcome in most teams i would have thought.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Boc, I was actually going to say Davey Harte I think hes an excellent player a good defender and can score more points than some forwards.

Form a Derry point of view I think Geard o Kane is underrated, a real workhorse often scoring a point or 2 despite playing corner back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:03 pm

bocerty wrote:Davy Harte is a player who seems to come in for a lot of criticism from Tyrone fans - a lot think he is a weak link in half back line and someone who can be easily exploited. Have to say though his contribution in terms of scores is invaluable - his work rate and all round play would be welcome in most teams i would have thought.

Ah well its probably just his turn to get the abuse. It was his uncle Mickey this time last year getting the middle of the night phonecalls. It was mickeys son Mark a few years ago who i think was one of your top scorers that year who any time he missed got the old "only on the team cause the da was manager". Seems Tyrone folk just dont like the Hartes no matter what they do for you. Ye would know all about it if ye were Heartless. Boom Boom

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

very good samin you should be on stage Laughing Laughing - we'll see whose laughing in a few weeks time
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 pm

bocerty wrote:very good samin you should be on stage Laughing Laughing - we'll see whose laughing in a few weeks time

Starting to fear it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Keith Higgins for Mayo especially! He has already said that hurling is his first preference and he's one of Mayo's best players but he's brilliant at football too. He won't be travelling to New York as he'll be playing the hurling but nobody can deny that he should be classed among one of the greatest on the Mayo team. Did brilliant shtuff for the Mayo U-21s aswell. This player will be huge in years to come.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 08, 2009 4:32 pm

samin10 wrote:
bocerty wrote:very good samin you should be on stage Laughing Laughing - we'll see whose laughing in a few weeks time

Starting to fear it

so would i if i was from Armagh Laughing

dont worry i'll give you a lend of my sat nav you'll need it for the roads you Armagh folk will be on come the qualifiers Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 08, 2009 4:48 pm

bocerty wrote:Davy Harte is a player who seems to come in for a lot of criticism from Tyrone fans - a lot think he is a weak link in half back line and someone who can be easily exploited. Have to say though his contribution in terms of scores is invaluable - his work rate and all round play would be welcome in most teams i would have thought.

I would love to have Davy Harte for the Dubs but I can't so I did the next best thing ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 4:54 pm

bocerty wrote:
samin10 wrote:

Starting to fear it

so would i if i was from Armagh Laughing

dont worry i'll give you a lend of my sat nav you'll need it for the roads you Armagh folk will be on come the qualifiers Laughing Laughing

You must be well used to them by now that you can give your sat nav away? True enough we have had it too easy. Clones and Croke Park for most games.

Tour of Ireland last year for Tyrone, winning against teams from every province apart from Ulster.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down