GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U2 Concerts in Croker

+4
bocerty
GAA-Fan
old98!
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U2 Concerts in Croker - Page 2 Empty Re: U2 Concerts in Croker

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

samin10 wrote:Thats he thinks he's Martin Lurther etc.

Yeah but thats the package. I was at something he was at last year - and as it turned out I know his one of his close security advisors - and I have to say Bono was sound. Geldof was there too and I got a class pic of me chatting to both - them looking at me spouting with smiles on their faces and actually looking interested - think I was telling them about GAAtipster!!! One for the mantlepiece in old age!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:14 am

The wife to be said a woman she works with ended up sitting beside him and a few other celebs when out for something to eat i Dublin. She said that he was really nice, sent them over a round of drink and that so i would like to think he is not as big a tit in person as he comes across when being interviewed or when performing. Personally i spent 60 or 70 quid to go and watch and listen to him perform, i would say altogether he spent at least 20 minutes to half an hour. Thats 4 or 5 extra songs they could have played, instead he used the time to talk s*"^e about the north. Believe me, we hear enough about politics up here without having to listen to it when we are looking forward to hearing one of the biggest bands in the world. I got so fed up with it i left, heard them playing 'one' 'Where the streets have no name' and 'with or without you' when i was half way down the road. The chilli peppers stole the show that day. Went to Bruce Springsteen last year, played 3 hours straight through, about 5 or 10 minutes of talking altogether. Seen Oasis last week, more or less no talking. Bono should realise people are there to listen to him sing, end off.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:44 pm

SAMIN 10, you know agreeing with me makes sense.

Look, I don't watch TV, or Radio, and know nothing about pop music or fashion models (haven't had a Freeman's catalogue in years) or all that other "fame" crap.

But I confess. Last June I went to Dublin to see Leonard Cohen at great expense (4 tickets) at an outdoor concert at Kilmainham Hospital.

It was absolutely BRILLIANT, especially for a 73 year old. Sheer professional brilliance, up there with seeing Dylan in 1977 in England, and Paul Simon in Belfast around 1991 or so.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2