GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooftop tours of Croker!

2 posters

Go down

Rooftop tours of Croker! Empty Rooftop tours of Croker!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 14, 2010 12:06 am

Apparently the GAA will commence rooftop tours of Croker from next year! Rooftop tours of Croker! Affraid

To publicise the event Croke Park had some Norwegian highwire guy balancing and doing general gymnastic acts on the very top of the roof over the scoreboard!! I'm not bad on heights - well I am over 6'4" - but even looking at it on TV was jittery! All it needed was U2 on the pitch belting out Vertigo!

It wasn't exactly clear how they are going to bring tours around the roof but they did say that it would not be for people with a fear of heights! Kerry people should be ok - they are well used to hitting the heights at HQ. Dublin fans may have to tread more carefully having slipped up badly there in recent years. Mayo fans should stay away altogether - they have constantly fallen flat on their faces in Croker!

I would love to do it when it comes along - there would be superb views of Dublin city. But if you are acrophobic - give it a miss!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Rooftop tours of Croker! Empty Re: Rooftop tours of Croker!

Post  black&white Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am

Someone was watching RTE2 news then!
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am

I'd love to do it. I'd probably freeze half way around the HS though and they'd have to get a crain to get me down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 am

"I'd love to do it. I'd probably freeze half way around the HS though and they'd have to get a crain to get me down."

Jeeze RG - didn't realise you were that heavy.....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:"I'd love to do it. I'd probably freeze half way around the HS though and they'd have to get a crain to get me down."

Jeeze RG - didn't realise you were that heavy.....

I'm not but I get vicious when people atempt to lift me. Cheers Jayo... Really helps with the self asteem and all that like...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Rooftop tours of Croker! Icon_redface only messing .... but then I didn't get any of your birthday cake .... Rooftop tours of Croker! Icon_sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Rooftop tours of Croker! Icon_redface only messing .... but then I didn't get any of your birthday cake .... Rooftop tours of Croker! Icon_sad

You can have some if you want Smile Loads left. Don't think you'd want it though, had a Meath flag on it and it said Happy Birthday RoyalGirl....

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Lucky it wasn't a Dublin flag or one of your buddies would have set it on fire ..... Rooftop tours of Croker! Icon_evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Jayo I live in Ashbourne... A fair few of my "buddies" would be one of yous....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down