GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antrim v Cavan

+4
Gunit
patrique
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Antrim v Cavan Empty Antrim v Cavan

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 pm

I must admit although they arent the best teams in Ulster I am really
looking forward to this match. One of these teams are going into a
Ulster championship final and although they dont stand a realistic
chance of winning it going to be their equivelant to an All Ireland
final.

However Cavan so far have beaten last years ulster finalists -
Fermanagh, while Antrim have beaten Donegal who were expected to reach
the Ulster final.

History is out of the window with this one as
far as I am concerened, I have a few Cavan mates who think they have
already won this game just because they comfortably beat Antrim last
year. Thats right folks, last year! (They also seem to forget that
Antrim beat them this year in a challenge match with half a team).
Since then Antrim have come a long way in 2009, promotion out of
division 4, their first championship win since 2003 and have only lost
one competitive game this season.

No matter what team wins it
will be a great day, and a great day for them in the final, no doubt
they will have the support of the other 31 counties whoever they meet
in the final.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Antrim v Cavan Empty Re: Antrim v Cavan

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I reckon its a bit like Wexford last year - but I hope the teams get a little more credit than Wexford - especially from posters in ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I reckon its a bit like Wexford last year - but I hope the teams get a little more credit than Wexford - especially from posters in ......
I gave credit to Wexford last year! They played a lot better than Armagh and fully deserved to win.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I reckon its a bit like Wexford last year - but I hope the teams get a little more credit than Wexford - especially from posters in ......
I gave credit to Wexford last year! They played a lot better than Armagh and fully deserved to win.

Don't be so paranoid!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

Don't be so paranoid!!!

Suspect
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:31 pm

In where?

They paid the ref, I'll give them credit when they own up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

In where?

They paid the ref, I'll give them credit when they own up.

Another paranoid poster .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm

I think Donegal had a bad day and on any other they would have done a lot better. However, I still think Antrim are a force to be reckoned with this year. Obviously no sane person can even contemplate them winning Ulster but they may go a bit further than anyone would expect in the qualifiers. Why didn't I include them in the dream team? Grrrrr.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 am

The traditional "big two" of Ulster football. When I was born Cavan had won a bucket full of ulster titles and Antrim were in 2nd place, a long way behind.

No-one else counted, well Monaghan had good days as well. And I am not that old.

Last year Cavan won easily as Antrim persisted in playing high ball into CJ, not really his game. He scored 1-4 I think but was not really in it.

This year no CJ but people who can win ball, and a much improved attitude complete with a plan.

Antrim could win this one.

After that either of the nonentities playing in the other semi will do in the final.

Have they won anything between them?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 am

I can see Cavan losing this one alright.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Hopefully it will be open enough. Probably wont be of the highest quality but might be entertaining. If Cavan can gain any kind of a foothold in mid-field and get good ball into Jelly and Cullivan I think we could win it. If Eugene Keating is left at centre back we could be in a lot of trouble.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 pm

I think Antrim will win this one, they have more of a scoring threat in the 2 Mc Cans, O Neill, Gallagher and Cunningham, and good defensively with Crozier. If they can keep the shackles on Seanie Johnstone they could have a comprehensive win.

Antrim by 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:I think Antrim will win this one, they have more of a scoring threat in the 2 Mc Cans, O Neill, Gallagher and Cunningham, and good defensively with Crozier. If they can keep the shackles on Seanie Johnstone they could have a comprehensive win.

Antrim by 4

Unless Antrim have a few Colm Coopers, Stephen O'Neills and Brian Farrells that I don't know about, then there is no way they possess more of a scoring threat than Cavan. Any team where Pierson, Lyng and Mad Eddie can't get their place is a seriously strong one. Its not all one man show show, Jelly is class alright but Martin Reilly the far side and the Castlerahan HF line all very good. Mackey was unreal the last day. Cavan will possibly lose the game due to a lack of a decent defence. In saying that, I'd give the Breffni the nod in a close game.

I hope Cavan win anyway, that way they are gauranteed a game in Croker and we might get a repeat of the famous 1997 incident in Kells again. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 pm

I want Antrim to win, however won't be sad to see them lose...as if Antrim make it to the final then Derry will be the team who hasn't reached the Ulster final in the longest!lol

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Just wondering will there be any complacency in the cavan camp. Alrite we know after Donegal match teams will be a little bit more wary but im sure theres a feeling still of 'sure its only antrim'.
To be honest if we win on sat.nite, there'll be a few saffron and white cavalcades heading to clones in July for the first time in my lifetime!! Surely the cavan boys would let us see what this 'theatre of dreams' looks like in July!!
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:03 pm

Two games left of the ulster championship. i think it is a hard game to call. Tyrone will win the final no matter who it is against, so that makes me think it will be a draw. When was the last time the entire ulster championship was played without a draw occuring? A long time ago i would think. I am going for a draw and maybe Antrim to sneak through in replay, i hope.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:14 pm

was thinking that myself Samin i know a few guys used to put money on every Ulster Championship amtch ending in a draw some years they made a fair bit from it too.

I'd like to see Antrim winning at least one Derry man would in Clones on Ulster Final day!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:21 pm

bocerty wrote:was thinking that myself Samin i know a few guys used to put money on every Ulster Championship amtch ending in a draw some years they made a fair bit from it too.

I'd like to see Antrim winning at least one Derry man would in Clones on Ulster Final day!!!!!!!!!!!

i do it myself, obviously there is a few games you can rule out. costing me money for the first year since i started doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:33 pm

bumpernut wrote:Just wondering will there be any complacency in the cavan camp. Alrite we know after Donegal match teams will be a little bit more wary but im sure theres a feeling still of 'sure its only antrim'.
To be honest if we win on sat.nite, there'll be a few saffron and white cavalcades heading to clones in July for the first time in my lifetime!! Surely the cavan boys would let us see what this 'theatre of dreams' looks like in July!!

Just on complacency. All the talk in Cavan is of taking Antrim as a serious threat. Cavan people do not think we have this won before even turning up. The players on the other hand is a different story. Hopefully Carr will have enough of an influence to get their mindset right.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Gunit,

Im sure the tyrone boys if they're honest would rather play antrim. Anyhow i just hope the hype doesnt get to the antrim players and may the luckiest team win!!!
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm

This is a brilliant game! Probably one of the best I have seen this year, Antrim are playing just brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:This is a brilliant game! Probably one of the best I have seen this year, Antrim are playing just brilliant.

Antrim cant seem to pick the ball up cleanly.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Well deserved by Antrim, at least there will be one Derry man in Clones on the 19th!

Last edited by Bright-Oak on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Great game! Probarbly the best game of the whole year so far.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:35 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Great game! Probarbly the best game of the whole year so far.

Agreed, though Michael Mc Cann had an excellent game! Go easy on the sauce tonight Patrique!lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next