GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antrim v Cavan

+4
Gunit
patrique
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Antrim v Cavan - Page 2 Empty Re: Antrim v Cavan

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Antrim should have won by about twenty points. They were so much fitter, faster, pacier, quicker.

Cullivan and Walsh are useless, not intercounty footballers. Larry and Givney were class but why was Pierson or Mad Eddie left on the sideline and Cullivan out making a holy show of himself?

Antrim are fit team.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Average game. Bit too much diving, lads getting the slightest of touches in the face and then exaggerating the injury.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:38 pm

McCann was instrumental today. He should have had at least 2 goals. Antrim showed a tremendous amount of improvement compared to the Donegal match. Cant wait till I see the final.

ps. Armagh man in the Leinster final Razz

Aontroim Abu!!
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Here, I think Antrim could give Tyrone a match for at least 30 minutes anyway!

In hindsight DC was maybe the wrong choice for Derry, Baker Brads could have done the job!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah the quality wasn't great, most the Cavan players were legless in the last fifteen minutes. They got a few strange decisions in their favour too but it all made for an exciting enough finish. Antrim easily the better team though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 am

Jesus Lads I dont know where anyone could get a good game out of that. It was truly desperate. An absolutely desperate game. Loyal you are right Walshe and Cullivan were brutal along with our ful back, half back, mid-field, half forward and full forward line. Apart from Jelly and Miller there was nothing.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:25 am

delighted to see that ANtrim have gotten into the Ulster final. following on from Fermanagh getting there last year it shows just how open the Ulster championship is. too bad the rest of the provinces are not like that. its no wonder Ulster is producing more and more teams in the latter stages of the All-Ireland Championship when they are playing tough matches from the get-go. look at Mayo, two piss poor games and they are in a connaught final. granted we played well in both games (especially rosc game) but they are not going to stand us in good stead if we encounter Derry or Tyrone or someone who have already had a number of tough games.

Well done to Antrim, ye might not beat Tyrone but feck it, yer in the Ulster Final of both Hurling and Football. not bad for a county with one of the smallest GAA populations in the country!
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:32 am

Saffa ronies, Saffa Ronies, oh ay oh ay oh ay.

Ulster final to go to tomorrow, no rest for successful counties.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:54 am

Gunit wrote:Jesus Lads I dont know where anyone could get a good game out of that. It was truly desperate. An absolutely desperate game. Loyal you are right Walshe and Cullivan were brutal along with our ful back, half back, mid-field, half forward and full forward line. Apart from Jelly and Miller there was nothing.

Yeah I don't know how Nicholas Walsh and Ray Cullivan lasted the full seventy minutes, Givney should have came on for one of them sooner, him and Larry livened things up a bit for Cavan but Cavan were still awful. The backs aren't fit enough, Brides looked ready to drop coming out for the second half. Sheridan, in fairness to him, did well but he was fighting a lost cause. Ciaran Galligan, did he even touch the ball? I wouldn't be getting carried away if I was an Antrim fan, although they were value for three times the eventual winning margin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Our backs are brutal. There number 12 was very good in the air but the amount of balls he won uncontested was farcical. For the amount of abuse McCabe has gotten for being over the hill we should have held onto him for as long as we could. Our three best senior clubs for the last 10 years had 3 men starting yesterday. Something is wrong somewhere.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:50 pm

Gunit wrote:Our backs are brutal. There number 12 was very good in the air but the amount of balls he won uncontested was farcical. For the amount of abuse McCabe has gotten for being over the hill we should have held onto him for as long as we could. Our three best senior clubs for the last 10 years had 3 men starting yesterday. Something is wrong somewhere.

Thats Niall Mc Keever he's just signed a deal with Brisbane Lions, very good fielder. Reilly made a bit of a show of himself at a stage, overacted an injury to get someone sent off and ended up getting a yellow!

Though Bannon had a good game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Tried to make it look like he got an elbow. I thought it was a bit strange having a Longford man referee a Cavan game. He did ok though. I thought that was him. the amount of kick outs hit straight at him was mad as well. He wont get that against Tyrone.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Jimmy McEnroe from Maghera should be on the panel, he would have done a far better job than the six backs yesterday.

Did you find out why Cullivan and Walsh stayed on the field so long? I'll struggle to see another intercounty footballer put in a worse performance than them two put in yesterday for the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:21 pm

We have no othe mid-fielders in Cavan, Lyng and Pierson must still be injured. One should have been brought on in the forwards. The three best middle men in the county are not even on the panel.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Gunit,

I'd say from a Cavan perspective it was a brutal game to watch. From an Antrim perspective without getting carried away too much its been a long time coming and we'll just enjoy the ride while it lasts. As for the standard of football I thought Antrim played some lovely, incisive football. I can't remember an antrim football team playing with such composure on the ball, passion, hunger and a steeliness in their desire to win. These are all traits most antrim supporters would not have applied to a saffron jersey.
I hope Cavan like Donegal come back with a bang in the qualifiers, still Lyng and Pierson to add to the forward line. Again a bit like Donegal it could be the kick up the backside they maybe need. I hope that doesnt sound patronising, after all we have endured enough patronising remarks over the years.
Anyway good luck to cavan in the qualifiers and lets hope this rollercoaster of a ride may continue long into the summer!!!
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunit Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Bumpernut

Thats a fair point. I guess in my depression I have overlooked the fact it's a massive achievement for Antrim. And of course they obviously deserved their win as they were by far the better team. I fear for Cavan in the qualifiers but hopefully we can make something of them. Best of luck in the final and hopefully an upset can be caused. I'm sure most of Cavan are rooting for you.
Gunit
Gunit
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2