GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster Football

+5
GAA-Fan
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
mossbags
mid-mon man
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leinster Football Empty Leinster Football

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:36 pm

There has been a lot of chat on here this last few weeks about the state of Ulster football, well for the two supposed king pins of Leinster football that was absolutely sh**e. Sorry Loyal and JC etc but for a team that is 4th favourites for Sam to shoot 3 points in 35 minutes and kick 16 odd wides is simply diabolical. There was more skill in the last ten minutes of the Derry and Monaghan game than there was in the entire 70 minutes in Croke Park today. Bernard Brogan was anonymous today, Alan Brogan kept the Dubs in it.

Kieran Mc Geeney will be rubbing his hands together with delight, Leinster Title has been more or less handed on a plate.

By the look of things the day, the wrong Antrim team moved into Leinster, their footballers are more on a par with Leinster than their Hurlers.

Last edited by Bright-Oak on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Leinster Football Empty Re: Leinster Football

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Just check PP latest Dublin are ahead of Cork in favourites to Sam at 6/1 with Cork 13/2 affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Wouldn't pay too much attention to odds where the Dubs are concerned, they'll always be short odds due to the amount of people betting on them.

Truly awful, awful game, just terrible to watch. This is the cream of Leinster? Good lord, what awaits us in the rest of the games? I may not watch another Leinster game. Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Agree 100% Niamh. You can see Colm O Rourke is visibly embarrassed by this match and you'd nearly feel sorry for him. His, and other great players of his ilk from Leinster, legacy was surely not to bestow upon the nation 70 mins of drivel like what was dished up st HQ there today. Atrocious stuff altogether
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Came on here to start a thread saying the exact same thing, Niamh got there before me. Was really looking forward to the dub v meath game, disappointed to say the least. Absolute shite. Its not suprising no Leinster team has been in an all-ireland final since 2001 and none has won it since 1999. By far the weakest province in my opinion. I would say kildare will be very confident after that game today. Brutal.

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:33 pm

ye boys and girls all stick up for your northern friend in kildare and wait till ye see his house come crashing down on Sat. All you lot are doing is rating us on the league good for you not going to do a loyal I will be backing Wex in tipster with every confidence
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah what an embarrassing display. Not a red card in sight. Not a bit of goading. No-one feigned injury. Nobody stuck their forehead in an opposition player. Nobody stamped on a player on the ground - accidentally or otherwise. Nobody got a knee in the nuts. No-one spend the 70 minutes dragging and pulling.

Shocking stuff - give me Ulster football anyday ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 pm

I rarely go on NFL perfomances but Kildare from what I have read are building on last year whereas Wexford seemed to have taken 4 steps back.

I dont have a clue what way this game is going to go, like I say I dont take NFL into consideration.

I heard that Forde is injured....is this true?
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yeah what an embarrassing display. Not a red card in sight. Not a bit of goading. No-one feigned injury. Nobody stuck their forehead in an opposition player. Nobody stamped on a player on the ground - accidentally or otherwise. Nobody got a knee in the nuts. No-one spend the 70 minutes dragging and pulling.

Is that the best you can come up with JC? No defence of the game, rather a poor attempt to regurgitate the subbish that you have been spoon fed over the last few years.
It was a poor game by anyones standards but if you find comfort in slagging other teams, well fire ahead.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yeah what an embarrassing display. Not a red card in sight. Not a bit of goading. No-one feigned injury. Nobody stuck their forehead in an opposition player. Nobody stamped on a player on the ground - accidentally or otherwise. Nobody got a knee in the nuts. No-one spend the 70 minutes dragging and pulling.

You wouldnt get any of this those things in snooker. Still shite to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 am

RMDrive wrote:

Is that the best you can come up with JC? No defence of the game, rather a poor attempt to regurgitate the subbish that you have been spoon fed over the last few years.
It was a poor game by anyones standards but if you find comfort in slagging other teams, well fire ahead.

Well I put my thoughts on the game in the analysis thread RMD. I would still prefer a game like yesterday to Derry v Monaghan and thats a fact....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

Well I put my thoughts on the game in the analysis thread RMD. I would still prefer a game like yesterday to Derry v Monaghan and thats a fact....

But what has Derry and Monaghan got to do with the Dublin-Meath game?Is it that you take comfort from the fact that "yeah we were shite but there have been other games/teams that were worse"?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:27 am

let it be poor it was still football not manball or whatever else you want to refer to that game by.
Two things to take from yesterday the dubs will improve and get stronger - how many teams have shot 17 wids and still won releatively easy, Meath did have there chances but I think dublin were that step ahead.
it wasn't fantastic in Kilarney yesterday either (please not I say it wasn't fantastic) but no one is writing the euligy for Munster football. leinster will improve witha cracking match in Carlow next Sat and Wexford will once again stamp there credentails as Delaney cup contenters (we do know our limits if we put Sam there ye all would have a laugh we'll wait til August to do that)
Yes Frode possibly gone for the year due to a back aliment, but we have others.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 am

JimWexford wrote:let it be poor it was still football not manball or whatever else you want to refer to that game by.
Two things to take from yesterday the dubs will improve and get stronger - how many teams have shot 17 wids and still won releatively easy, Meath did have there chances but I think dublin were that step ahead.
it wasn't fantastic in Kilarney yesterday either (please not I say it wasn't fantastic) but no one is writing the euligy for Munster football. leinster will improve witha cracking match in Carlow next Sat and Wexford will once again stamp there credentails as Delaney cup contenters (we do know our limits if we put Sam there ye all would have a laugh we'll wait til August to do that)
Yes Frode possibly gone for the year due to a back aliment, but we have others.

Who is writing the eulogy for Leinster football? I take each game on it merits and this vehement defence of a poor game is pathetic.
Don't forget as well lads that you reap what you sow. You were quick enough to jump on the Ulster bashing band-wagon after the Monaghan-Derry game and now you are surprised cause some people give you some stick back??? Come on now!
You are displaying the very behaviour that you castigate the ulster lads for constantly.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:14 am

Fair play to you RMD, it's amazing just how some posters have a short memory when it comes to the standard of games involving their county(or provience) so soon after slating the standard of the Derry-Monaghan game.

I must admit i am slightly surprised at this, but not shocked at all.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:17 am

Who defended it i stated it was poor but at least the teams played the ball some of the time not the man as was the case in Derry/Monaghan.
No one gave out about the Tyrone/Armagh game as it was a cracker.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 am

JimWexford wrote:Who defended it i stated it was poor but at least the teams played the ball some of the time not the man as was the case in Derry/Monaghan.
No one gave out about the Tyrone/Armagh game as it was a cracker.

So your defence of the Dublin-Meath game is that it wasn't like the Monaghan-Derry game? And make no mistake, you are defending it.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:13 pm

What is your problem RMD? In fairness, it was an alright game, at times it looked like a famous Meath comeback was on the cards. It surely wouldn't have had viewers switching off in disgust. The only bad thing was the poor shooting, it was terrible, Dublin could have put Meath out of sight. Although to be fair to Meath, a lot of teams in the League kicked plenty of wides against us too so it can't all be a co-incidence? Meath were equally as guilty for missing easy chances.

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:What is your problem RMD? In fairness, it was an alright game, at times it looked like a famous Meath comeback was on the cards. It surely wouldn't have had viewers switching off in disgust. The only bad thing was the poor shooting, it was terrible, Dublin could have put Meath out of sight. Although to be fair to Meath, a lot of teams in the League kicked plenty of wides against us too so it can't all be a co-incidence? Meath were equally as guilty for missing easy chances.

Don't have a problem Loyal. It is generally accepted that it was a poor game. I merely questioned the tactic by some posters to defend that poor game by bringing up an Ulster championship game from a few weeks ago. It is a strange thing to do and a pretty weak defence.

Are you enjoying your 2 points this morning?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Hold on a second now lads. From a Dublin perspective it was very disappointing as I have stated on the analysis thread. Our shooting was woeful - as evidenced by 17 wides. But from a neutral point of view my opinion is that it was eminently more watchable than Derry Monaghan. Its all very well dissing the standard in Leinster but I have seen just one good game this year - Tyrone v Armagh - and even that was riddled with mistakes. There have been some really mediocre games in ALL provinces. My hope is that this is just because its early in the championship and teams are obviously not even approaching peak - or else we are in for a crap C'ship. And the truth be told aside from a handful of games, last year's was pretty awful too. So its not just a 'Leinster football' thing .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  rich dublin Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 pm

from a neutral wathcing the game i have to say it wasw weak enough to watch but i would rather watch that match 500 times in a row than watch the derryv monaghan game again. but to be honest it proves one thing meath are very poor and will not go far this year and the dubs have a lot of work to do, remeber though that if the dubs took some of the chances they created then people would be talking how brillient they are so very thin line and all that.

interestingly though both dubliun teams had a huge wide count in croker yesterday, the footballers with 17 and the hurlers with 16!!!!! is there a trend there????
rich dublin
rich dublin
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

sligo
Number of posts : 911

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 pm

rich dublin wrote:from a neutral wathcing the game i have to say it wasw weak enough to watch but i would rather watch that match 500 times in a row than watch the derryv monaghan game again. but to be honest it proves one thing meath are very poor and will not go far this year and the dubs have a lot of work to do, remeber though that if the dubs took some of the chances they created then people would be talking how brillient they are so very thin line and all that.

interestingly though both dubliun teams had a huge wide count in croker yesterday, the footballers with 17 and the hurlers with 16!!!!! is there a trend there????

Rich - everyone knows that Dubs are dead wide ........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:26 pm

rich dublin wrote:from a neutral wathcing the game i have to say it wasw weak enough to watch but i would rather watch that match 500 times in a row than watch the derryv monaghan game again. but to be honest it proves one thing meath are very poor and will not go far this year and the dubs have a lot of work to do, remeber though that if the dubs took some of the chances they created then people would be talking how brillient they are so very thin line and all that.

Yes both teams are sh**e. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm

samin10 wrote:

Yes both teams are sh**e. Very Happy

And both teams are - unlike either Armagh team - still in their Championship proper ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:39 pm

i think its quite unfair to judge any team one just one performance. One poster on here told how they turned of the tv during the Tyrone v Armagh game and yet talked about yesterdays game being good and exciting. Now i think it was a wind up myself but i thought it a pretty silly comment.

Yes teams are only as good as their last performance but i think some of the criticism being levelled here at teams is grossly unfair. Training and challenge games are one thing but championship football is a different matter entirely the speed, tempo etc is 100 times faster and it is unrealistic to think a team is going to be able to make the transition into championship football in their first match.

Tyrone played some great football last week and yet they probably made more mistakes than anything, yesterdays games looked the same but what else did we really expect - some people expect too much too soon and this whole argument of Ulster football is better or Leinster football is the worst becomes a bit of a tired discussion after a while.

So what if Dublin kicked 17 wides - does it not mean they were creating plenty of chances and that they had Meath under the cosh.

Derry and Monaghan was an awful game but the reality is both teams set out to playa style which they hoped would win the game and in Derrys case as winners you cant blame them - their approach could be seen as an admission of weakness in some quarters but at the end of the day they won and thats all they wanted to do.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next